[Sims 3] Custom Avatar for Sims 3 website not working

by Ayrissa

Original Post

[Sims 3] Custom Avatar for Sims 3 website not working

★★★ Novice

I cannot get the Sims 3 custom avatar feature to work. I have uploaded my Sim a few times (different ones) and each time nothing shows up under Uploaded Avatar.  I've followed the steps exactly

To use your own created Sim, you will need to upload a Sim from the Launcher onto the Exchange. Once your Sim has been published to the site, the Sim will appear in the Uploaded Sims tab and will become selectable.

But nothing EVER shows in the Uploaded Sims section.  I have tried several times (as I said at the beginning) but nothing shows up. I made sure last time to use ONLY expansion and game items - no store or custom content in case that was the issue.   The Sim shows up in my uploaded items on Sims website (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6984845) but not in the avatar section.

Is there something I've missed?  Can anyone help with this?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (909 Views)

Re: [Sims 3] Custom Avatar for Sims 3 website not working

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  I uploaded the sim 5 days ago, and she's definitely there, beause people have been able to download.  However, I can't see her under the "uploaded avatars" at all, and there is NO option on the download page to use as an avatar, either!  It's frustrating! 

Message 2 of 4 (813 Views)

Re: [Sims 3] Custom Avatar for Sims 3 website not working

Hero (Retired)

Try this link - avatar It's an older post but it may work.

Message 3 of 4 (807 Views)

Re: [Sims 3] Custom Avatar for Sims 3 website not working - Solution!

★★★★★ Novice

Well, this worked for me, anyway.  Found this thread - https://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/331316.page#11804466 - which explains we have to share the sim from the "Create a Household", as a sim, and not as a household from the bin.  I did that, and it finally showed up!  Hope this helps you, as the "help" folks only response was to "reset a stuck sim", which isn't even related!

Message 4 of 4 (805 Views)