File Size too large to upload to Gallery

by LuxeDoll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

File Size too large to upload to Gallery

★ Novice

Hello! Today I tried uploading a build that has taken me a few months. However, when I tried to upload it to the gallery it said that my lot file size was too big to upload. If I am looking correctly the .BPI file says its 11.7MBs , but it also says that there is custom content in my lot. There are not any. I have used CAS CC but never for build/buy. I have deleted the mods folder, and disabled my CC and it still says in the post that there is CC. I'm not sure what the problem is but I would really love to post this @.@ 

Message 1 of 6 (3,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: File Size too large to upload to Gallery

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @LuxeDoll

The upload limit is 10MB.  Do you happen to have a lot of custom paintings and photos?  Those can take up a good chunk of file space.  

Also, if you have any CC or mods installed, and create a painting or photo by reference in game, that painting or photo will be tagged as custom content, by design.  So any room or lot that contains that painting or photo will be tagged as custom content as well.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (3,249 Views)

All Replies

Hero
As CC doesn't really upload that's probably not causing the lot to be too big. I do think there is a limit so try removing some stuff.

If you have pictures of Sims with CAS cc, that also counts as modded as well as actual Sims on the lot that have cc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,267 Views)

★ Novice

Do you by any chance know the upload limit? Or have an idea of what causes a lot of space so I have an idea as to what to delete? I wouldn't really know where to start. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

How many floors do you have ? Do you have lots of furniture placed ? Lots of walls ?

I would guess that less furniture would help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @LuxeDoll

The upload limit is 10MB.  Do you happen to have a lot of custom paintings and photos?  Those can take up a good chunk of file space.  

Also, if you have any CC or mods installed, and create a painting or photo by reference in game, that painting or photo will be tagged as custom content, by design.  So any room or lot that contains that painting or photo will be tagged as custom content as well.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (3,250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for this tip!! I used gallery art for the first time in a build and the 4mb house was virtually unplayable because of lag, but removing the paintings reduced the file to kbs! Thanks Heart

Message 6 of 6 (2,530 Views)