Delayed interaction menu when clicking on sims, computer and fridge.

by CoolPol42

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Delayed interaction menu when clicking on sims, computer and fridge.

★★★ Apprentice

It takes about 5-15 seconds.

Message 1 of 21 (15,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Delayed interaction menu when clicking on sims, computer and fridge.

Community Manager

Hi folks,

We have two bug reports open for for these. Please take a look to see if they match your issue and join in over there if so.

We'll close this current thread out here to help limit spread the information apart. If the  threads linked above aren't a match, please open a new thread,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (16,659 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CoolPol42 There's a bug report for the compute here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Interaction-menu-delay-on-sims-and-computer-while-game-run-fin....

Do you have a lot of stuff in your inventory/fridge inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (15,082 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No I don't have much thing in fridge.
Message 3 of 21 (15,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CoolPol42 Does it happen for every household ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (15,062 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ever since the Cottage Living expansion, anything that opens the cooking menu takes a noticeable amount of time to load (the popup to select what to cook).

This is very tedious because I like to play Sims who make bake sales and the like, and usually need to cook like 10 things in one day which has now become very tedious due to the lag from when you click on Cook and when the popup finally loads up.

Message 5 of 21 (14,895 Views)

@ElDimentio  Have you tested without mods?  If not, please do so now: move your entire Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 21 (14,893 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, thank you for the quick response! I started a new file and even with all my mods removed, it still seems just as slow. It takes about 1 second for the Fridge Pie menu to show up, then a whole 3 seconds for the food menu popup to show when my Sim is level 10 cooking. It loads in about 1-2 seconds at level 1 cooking. If I was only cooking once a day it wouldn't be too big of a deal, but it really makes making food to sell very tedious (and this is one of the biggest highlights for me of the Cottage Living expansion).

This was with the Simple Living lot challenge enabled. Surprisingly, it took even longer with the challenge removed. The pie menu always loads in about 1 second, but the food menu took 4 seconds to show up on most attempts, with one instance taking a whopping 9 seconds to load (I tried a total of 5 times).

I have all the DLC except for Batuu. This was a blank save file where I did nothing but create a sim, go into a house, use the fridge to measure the time, use a cheat to set my cooking to level 10, and then use the fridge again. My specs are way beyond anything TS4 should need (attached).

Message 7 of 21 (14,885 Views)

@ElDimentio  Please test in a new save not in the Cottage Living world, with a couple different fridges, just to be thorough.  While you're playing, please also check how much of your CPU Origin is using the Task Manager—sometimes it takes all the resources it can, for no good reason.

By the way, it's unlikely to be the cause of this particular issue, but you'll get better performance overall if you plug your monitor directly into the graphics card rather than into the motherboard as is now the case.

Message 8 of 21 (14,876 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I tried a new save in Willow Creek and the speeds seemed about 1 second faster (2 seconds with Simple Living, 3 seconds without it). It was an empty lot with nothing but 8 fridges on it. There was no difference between fridges.

Origin was using 0% of CPU the two times I checked (loaded into the lot, and after testing all the fridges). I was not having any FPS drops either.
Message 9 of 21 (14,860 Views)

@ElDimentio  Try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Even if you've repaired before, it might work better without Origin using stale cached data.

If that doesn't help, try disabling any apps that include an overlay, for example Steam or Discord.  It shouldn't really make a difference, but some overlays conflict with each other or with the game.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help either, try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

It would also be weird for this to make a difference, but given that I haven't seen other complaints about this, it does seem like something is going on with your particular computer.

The suggestion to plug the monitor into the graphics card is about overall system performance.  Your GPU is capable of much more than Sims 4 could ever demand of it, especially on a 60 Hz monitor (even in QHD), so you probably wouldn't see any difference there.  But it would help in other more demanding games.

Message 10 of 21 (14,847 Views)