Re: Where to purchase simpoint bundles?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

HOW DO I BUY SIMPOINTS FOR SIMS 3???

★★★★★ Newbie

Where is the option to but sim points?? Everytime I try from the sims3store it takes me here but nothing happens. :/

Message 31 of 82 (2,356 Views)

Re: HOW DO I BUY SIMPOINTS FOR SIMS 3???

Hero (Retired)

@blitzbunni   You should be using the EA app if you playing on a pc.. Open EA app. Click library. click Sims 3 icon. Scroll down - should be first choice The Sims 3 currency.

Message 32 of 82 (2,340 Views)

★ Novice
@roseredpinball I cannot find where to buy TS3 points since the switch
Message 33 of 82 (2,128 Views)

@michaelsr21  I've moved your post to the current thread for this issue.  Open the EA App, click My Collection, then Sims 3, then DLC, and "Sims 3 Currency" should be the first listing.  This is the same as SimPoints.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 82 (2,886 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much
Message 35 of 82 (2,865 Views)

Re: what happened to simpoints?? 2022

★ Apprentice

I have used the new EA App to successfully purchase SimPoints for the Sims 3 game, I have done it several times in the past month or so.  It is almost "too easy" to do so.  Standard smile

Here's what see with the EA App, showing Sims 3 add-ins:

sims 3 add-ins.png

Click the Sims 3 Currency and the EA App will go through the process of adding a credit card for payment.  If you have already done that you simply select the amount of SimPoints you want to buy, the EA App defaults for me to US$20.00 (2,040 SimPoints) and shows a purchase dialog.  Click the purchase button and in a few seconds you should have your newly purchased SimPoints.

Message 36 of 82 (2,784 Views)

How do I buy Simpoints for The Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to still buy Simpoints for the Simes 3? if so where/how do I buy them? Every time I click on buy points from the game launcher it takes me to the EA home page, which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to do. When I try to purchase from the website thesimes3.com, it does the same thing. Please explain how you can sell stuff with the simpoints but not be able to buy them???

Message 37 of 82 (2,544 Views)

Re: How do I buy Simpoints for The Sims 3?

@Darklaya_knight  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Yes, you can still buy SimPoints.  In Origin, search for "simpoints."  In the EA App, click on the Sims 3 icon, then DLC, and "Sims 3 Currency," which is SimPoints.  Then choose the number you want and proceed to checkout.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 82 (2,523 Views)

How do I buy SimPoints?

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I still play Sims3, and I'm slowly completing my game, but now I can no longer buy SimPoints which I need to buy new worlds and other items.
If I click buy SimPoints in The Sims3 Launcher it opens an Edge page that tells me that I now can download the EA app. Same thing if I go the the Sims3 Store page and click buy SimPoints, it opens an Chrome page that tells me the same thing, but I already have the EA App and no where in it can I find a place to buy SimPoints. Help! Don't you want sims players money any longer?

Edit #1: I did not post in this forum. Someone move my post here even though I want to know how to buy SimPoints for Sims3.

Edit #2: And now someone moved it again. Sigh. I had posted in the correct forum from start. This way I will never get a reply to my question.

(CM: Posts shared in a row have been merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 39 of 82 (2,401 Views)

Re: How do I buy SimPoints?

Community Manager
Hi @BylineBelife,

Thanks, I've corrected that and popped this onto the Sims3 board which should hopefully be the best spot for it to be seen and garner responses. When it comes to SimPoints for the Sims3, fellow Simmers of The Sims 3 persuasion may have come across a similar issue themselves and could help offer some advice.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 40 of 82 (2,367 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help