Application TS4.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

by Skriegs335

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Application TS4.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

★★★★ Novice

My kids starting playing the Cats and Dogs mod on 11/10/2017. Whenever they start working with a Dog Breed they get this error:

Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

application TS4.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

I have checked for any updated video driver, uninstalled the current video from the Device Manager and restarted. The same error comes up each time. Attached is the DxDiag.

Any help would be really appreciated as they have been waiting patiently to play this game!

Message 1 of 141 (18,991 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: application TS4_x64.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Just in case anyone is confused - I just merged 3 threads about the same topic into a single one Wink

I'm going to mark this post as a solution so let me try to cover the information available here for anyone running into it this error message in the future:

• This is a common error message when trying to create big dogs in Create a Sim/Pet on a computer that doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game or your graphics card drivers need an update.
  • If your graphics drivers are up to date, or you are unsure, feel free to share your dxdiag so we can take a look.
  • If your computer doesn't meet the requirementes, I'm going to quote crinrict here as she did a great sum up:

@crinrict  wrote:

Your options are

1. Getting a better computer that can handle the game
    2. Getting a refund for the EP through Support (might not work)
    3. Not play big dogs.

• @CmdrScolan shared a workaround that helped him avoid the game crashing here. Not something we recommend as the game is not designed to run under these conditions. Please, keep in mind you would be modifying Windows default settings by following these steps, which is always a risk specially if you don't know what you are doing.

Cheers,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 134 of 141 (11,577 Views)

All Replies

Re: Application TS4.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hero (Retired)

@Skriegs335  The processor is below spec - your processor clock is 1.6Ghz and the minimum clock is 1.8Ghz.. The processor has an Intel® HD Graphics for Intel® Celeron® Processor N3000 Series. Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with the Sims games. I recommend you check to see if there is a newer video driver for the computer.

Message 2 of 141 (18,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @roberta591
Unfortunately that was the first thing I checked, no new drivers are available.
Message 3 of 141 (18,768 Views)

★★★ Novice
This happened to me as well but only when I try to create a dog
Message 4 of 141 (18,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Exact same thing on their computer! Hoping I can find a solution.
Message 5 of 141 (18,739 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m having the same problem but only with creating a dog/cat
Message 6 of 141 (18,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here, currently using a hp laptop ??
Message 7 of 141 (18,689 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Skriegs335  Again your computer is weak for 3D graphical games. Intel graphics has always been weak but that may change in the near future as I think Intel hired someone away from AMD (ATI) graphics. Rumor has it there may be an Intel cpu with AMD graphics in the near future. I think the Intel graphics hardware may not be the problem but it may be the Intel video drivers that are too conservative and not being updated fast enough if at all. This is why I don't recommend Intel graphics for anyone who wants to do 3D gaming.

Message 8 of 141 (18,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, HP laptop. Unfortunately not much can be done other than buying a new laptop for them.
Message 9 of 141 (18,674 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem running the game on an intel HD graphics 4th gen CPU.

The game runs smoothly with dogs and cats in game and there is no problem to create a sim or cat. The CAS runs at 60fps (low resolution and medium low settings)

But when trying to create a dog in CAS, the game crashs with the error 'Application TS4.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware'.

I think my system is still enough to run the game and there is definetely a problem with CAS...

It seems creating small dogs is quite ok (crash after changing race to big dog or switching a lot of races). Creating big dog crashs fastly

Message 10 of 141 (18,635 Views)