My Sims 4 PS4 crashed while playing

by chrissyd1982

Original Post

Highlighted

My Sims 4 PS4 crashed while playing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was playing on my PS4 and then while I was in Battu my game crashed. I have most all of the packs except a few and the newest one on my ps4. I was trying to click out of what my Sim was doing and it would froze up to where it crashed. I have the latest update of the game on my PS4.

What I expected to happen is that I would be able to click out of what my Sim was currently doing, but it froze and crashed.

Anybody else have this happen to them since the newest update and then freeze to where it crashed on you?

I reported it to PlayStation after I got the error message after the game crashed on me while playing. The game shouldn’t be crashing while playing. It needs fixed cause it will happen again. It is annoying.

Message 1 of 11 (650 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 PS4 crashed while playing

★ Guide

Now it glitches out and freezing at times especially in Henford on Bagley world. I am unable to click on anything in the Sim’s house especially the fridge. I had my sim move from the world to base game worlds.

Message 2 of 11 (569 Views)

★★ Guide
@chrissyd1982 Exact same issue here. There seems be to a recurring pattern around Chicken Coops. Curious do you own a chicken coop? Or perhaps have you tried turning off *Simple Living* lot challenge? I'm trying different combinations right now too, I haven't been able to play The Sims 4 properly in over a week now, so all I am doing is Bug testing and finding new ways to *Reproduce the bugs*

If you'd be so kind, could you tell me what other bugs / glitches you've experienced in Henford-On-Bagley? I'm gonna try compile a massive list of the most prevalent and *game breaking* bugs and then submit them to EA Help and show them that it is easily reproduced and not just isolated to a few people. I hope more people will be able to submit their issues too! Guess we're gonna be the ones to have to Test for Bugs now....never thought I'd be playing a game just to find bugs and report them lmao.
Message 3 of 11 (562 Views)

★ Guide
@COSMICSMURFER I have had ground randomly disappear in Henford on Bagley world. I have had it where the game wouldn’t do anything with the controls on the PS4 controller like clicking anything at all. One point it froze while I was in CAS trying to edit my sim and I end up loosing stuff I was doing in cas.
Message 4 of 11 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@chrissyd1982Okay so, yeah that's definitely a few issues that appear to be prevalent! CAS is the most frustrating - - Eyeshadow ON males no matter what Age. It is a persistent issue for my saves (even a fresh new one lol)

CAS* so what exactly happens when you use CAS which forces you to lose your progress? Is there any particular Menu that you were in when this occurred? I.e Makeup? I found that mine froze / locked up for a few minutes when I was in the makeup menu for my Female Sim. But when I stitched to the Male Sim he suddenly has bright Green eyeshadow and then the game abruptly crashes to the dashboard (I'm playing on an Xbox Series X console)

BTW, where does the Ground disappear exactly? Like Soil and Grass flat level terrain or on higher / raised terrain? 

Message 5 of 11 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@COSMICSMURFERI had to literally had to close the application on my PS4 and restart the game. The ground on the low patch of ground. It was like you could see what the sky looked like in the ground.

Message 6 of 11 (541 Views)

★★ Guide
@chrissyd1982 Ah I see, hm that really quite odd. I've yet to see this happen in my playthroughs! I'll keep testing and see if I can reproduce this too! The skies do look a bit strange on my current save.

Oh wanna know something kinda funny? My sims suddenly got "trapped" indoors when the door deleted itself. Yup. I kept on having to Teleport my sims to their greenhouse because of *routing error issues* and they refused to move. Turns out that my front door was missing!! They were trapped inside all along and I didn't even realise it! 🤣🤣. But wtf. Has that ever happened to you? The door and frame were legit missing from the wall!! The archway remained in front of the main farmhouse doorway, but it was covered up by a brick wall. They were sealed inside for days! Lmao
Message 7 of 11 (528 Views)

★ Guide
@COSMICSMURFER Yeah, where the door completely disappeared in live mode, but the sims was able to go through the door and not back out of the door. The fame for the door was there, but no door.
Message 8 of 11 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@chrissyd1982You too huh?! My condolences to your poor simmies! I guess The SimGurus wanted our sims to experience a Lockdown of their own...😩🤣

Message 9 of 11 (520 Views)

★ Guide
@COSMICSMURFER While I was playing today the game wouldn’t click on anything again.
Message 10 of 11 (499 Views)