[Resolved] Unable to launch The Sims 4 in EA App after moving from Origin

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Resolved] Unable to launch The Sims 4 in EA App after moving from Origin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We're currently looking into some reports that The Sims 4 will not launch in the EA App after accepting the prompt to move over from the Origin client. In the meantime, we've heard from some folks that uninstalling and reinstalling The Sims 4 in the EA App has allowed them to launch the game. 

For updates on this please keep an eye on the @EAHelp Twitter. Thanks for being patient while we're working on getting this fixed! 

Update: This issue has now been resolved. If you continue to see this issue please create a new thread. 

Kent.png
Message 1 of 352 (66,285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to launch The Sims 4 in EA App after moving from Origin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, 

This issue had a fix released on the backend last night that resolves the specific issue that was occurring for players who could no longer launch The Sims 4 after moving from Origin to the EA app. 

At this time if you cannot launch The Sims 4 on EA app, please fully exit the app by ending the EA and EA Background Service processes in the task manager, then relaunch the EA app and try again. If you still cannot launch The Sims 4 please run an EA Error Report and provide the Report ID in a new thread

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 346 of 352 (58,232 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Has there been any update to this issue?  I did not choose change from Origin to EA App, it was just changed when I tried to play my Sims4 game...now I cannot play at all.   I've never had issues with updates in the past, but this time it's telling me I need 19+GB of space....why does it need so much space this time?????

There was a suggestion on twitter about uninstalling and reinstalling something...it didn't specify what...Sims4? EA App?...regardless...I wouldn't know how to do that anyway.  And If I could, would I be kicked back to the base game or would all of the content I had accumulated still be there?  

Help would be appreciated...not the "Me Too" badge I earned moments ago.

77BMeagher

Message 2 of 352 (66,091 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@77bmeagher i made a post on this, I'm still awaiting a response myself! I've uninstalled and reinstalled recently after the post and yet nothing is working
Message 3 of 352 (66,073 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @charluvsuu, @77bmeagher, no new update at the moment the team is still investigating the issue.

/Atic

Message 4 of 352 (66,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't we loose all of our progress when we uninstall the game ?

when I clicked on "uninstall" a message pops saying that I'll loose all the content and bonuses.

I can't play at all, but I'm too scared of loosing my progress to do what you recommend us to do. 

so what should we do?!Devil

Message 5 of 352 (65,933 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @ileglad42,it wont remove your progress if you uninstall the game. Your safe files will still be there.

/Atic

Message 6 of 352 (65,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I ended up "logging out" of the EA App and downloading Origin again.  It works fine now.

B.

Message 7 of 352 (65,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I lost my progress.Confused

Message 8 of 352 (65,764 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @ileglad42, your progressed should be saved here: C:\Users\(WINDOWS Account user name)\Dokument\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

/Atic
Message 9 of 352 (65,737 Views)

★ Apprentice
@77bmeagher Je viens de passer sur EA App et j'ai eu le même problème, impossible de lancer les Sims. Je me suis aperçu qu'avec Origin je lançais le jeu en tant administrateur et c'est ça qui me bloquais. J'ai juste cliqué droit sur l'icône du jeu et changé les propriétés de compatibilité et ça fonctionne maintenant. A vérifier.
Bonne soirée
Message 10 of 352 (65,416 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help