[NEEDS SAVES][MWS] Wedding cake chosen for ceremony is popping back to inventory

by CCuteCCabaret

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES][MWS] Wedding cake chosen for ceremony is popping back to inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a wedding ceremony, acquire a cake, use the choose as wedding cake interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you select a cake to be your wedding cake for the ceremony, it keeps popping back up in the inventory, causing it to not be available for the ceremony. It seems to happen more often if you have to go back into the event menu to adjust things, like adding sims with specific roles.
What do you expect to see? I expect the cake to stay in the hidden inventory until the ceremony starts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Wedding Stories installed/gameplay related.

In addition to this, I think the problem is that the wedding planning tab where one views the cake and outfits is not saving properly. Coupled with the fact that you're going to be in and out of it frequently in order to adjust the wedding party, that gives you plenty of chances for it to reset and for your cake to end up in your inventory and spoil, especially with the ridiculously fast spoil time. I appreciate what they intended by trying to add a gameplay element to a menu choice but I think it would have been a lot less buggy if you could just select all of the roles and cake from the menu itself and not have to open it again, as I think that's also what contributes to this bug. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,406 Views)

Re: Wedding cake that is chosen for ceremony keeps popping back into inventory

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 2 (1,243 Views)