by Ulf-Gunnel

Original Post

[BDK] Sims can't vacuum up puddles

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting KITS: Bust The Dust OTHER: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Click on a puddle on the floor and chose to vacuum it up (upright vacuum cleaner with an adult / handheld vacuum cleaner with a child)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will start to vacuum up the puddle, when the action is done the puddle will not disappear from the floor (I tried this action 10 times in a row on the same puddle). This action only affect the overall dust level in the house (it will become cleaner).
What do you expect to see? The puddle to disappear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Bust the Dust kit

Sims can't vacuum up puddles.
I tested: 1. To repair my game 2. On a new save file 3. With all ( 3 ) upright vacuum cleaners (adult) and both ( 2 ) handheld vacuum cleaners (tested only with a child, because adults can't use handheld vacuums on floor) 4. To repeat the action 10 times in a row with no suceess (it just made the house cleaner) 5. On different puddles 6. To upgrade everything on the upright + handheld vacuum

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,898 Views)

Re: Sims can't vacuum up puddles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hey! I’m pretty sure it’s intentional = by design. Puddles are supposed to be mopped, whereas dust should be vacuumed. 

A vacuum cleaner is an electronic device, therefore vacuuming water is not safe Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (1,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That makes senseWondering, but I'm not sure because it's a similiar problem with the "mess" (from childrens "make a mess" action). Kids can vacuum up the mess and adults can't (you can select the mess and the adult sim will complete the action but the mess will not disappear).

EDIT: Adults can vacuum up the mess sometimes (don't know why, but it's not connected to the colour of the mess or which uprigh vacuum you use)

Message 3 of 8 (1,849 Views)

★ Guide

Images with the child that cleaning up the mess:

Message 4 of 8 (1,843 Views)

Hero
@Ulf-Gunnel Can you test the vacuum robot to see if those vacuum puddles (that was in the last patch notes as being fixed)

Pretty sure they also should vacuum puddles and messes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  Hi! This was almost impossible to test because I also have this bug: the robot vacuum gets stuck almost immediately after starting a cleaning routine .
But after trying this a lot of times (repaired the game, tested on a new save file, tested in a house with rooms, tested in a house without rooms, moved the dock station +robot vacuum to different places in the room, tested on a room without platforms) I came to the conclusion:
(This is what the robot vacuum did clean before it got stuck, I tested multiple times =>see the bug report above)

CHEAP ROBOT VACUUM (no upgrades)
*Can clean: Garbage on floor
*Can't clean: Puddle / Mess / Dust / Dust bunnies

EXPENSIVE ROBOT VACUUM (no upgrades)
*Can clean: Puddle / Mess / Garbage on floor
*Can't clean: Dust / Dust bunnies

Message 6 of 8 (1,748 Views)

Hero
@Ulf-Gunnel Interesting that dust doesn't work for you at all. Maybe are reporting they are using the robots to take care of that.

I'd say, if the vacuum (even if it's just the expensive one) robot can clean messes, so should the vacuums (maybe also just the more expensive ones ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,718 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  Yes I agree, but I hope it's a bug that the cheap ones can't clean messes/puddles because that makes no sense. Maybe I need to report that bug too... but it's difficult to know for sure what the robot vacuums can/can't clean when the robot do get stuck almost immediately (the other bug). I can try again when ( /if hehh...Disappointed) they fix the freezing bug

Message 8 of 8 (1,706 Views)