Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Parent needs to be introduced to infant

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.6.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to interact with infant after they age up from newborn. My sim was also a b-lister at the time, so not sure if that was a factor. But I quit the spotlight and it still doesn't work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Playing 100 baby challenge. The game updated today and added the infant life stage. Moments after starting the game with this update, my two newborns aged up to infants. My one parent in the household cannot interact with the infants except to read to the them or change their feeding preference. There is a greyed out option to "ask to be introduced by..." and when I go to that option the pop up says "You haven't met the caregivers of this infant. Hey where are they anyways?". But my Sim is the parent of the infants and they show up as her children in her family tree. She is a B-lister celebrity and prior to the update, she had to introduce herself to her toddlers before she could do anything to care for them. So I'm thinking whatever bug affected her caring for her toddlers is also affecting her caring for her infants.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see normal interactions that a parent would have on their infants and to be able to feed them, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. March 14th free update pushed to xbox

Note: I quit the spotlight to get rid of my fame in case that was preventing me getting to know my infants but it didn't work.

EDIT by OP (2023-03-23):  So it looks like it's unrelated to being famous but may be linked to the Beloved trait.  Please check your parent sim for this trait and let us know if you are having this issue whether or not you also have this trait. Cheers and happy simming!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 128 (14,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Parent needs to be introduced to infant

Hero

Caregivers have a lot to tend to with a Newborn in the home… Between the crying, sleeping, eating, and diaper changing, their kid is always on their mind. They definitely shouldn’t forget who their Newborn is when they age up to an infant. Parents will no longer need to introduce themselves to their little one after they’ve aged up to an infant.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

I personally do not believe that was all this thread was about but to make sure every case is getting fixed, make a new thread if you still have issues with this.

Please provide the following info

- Does your Sim have the beloved trait ?

- By what means did you get the baby (Alien Abduction, Science Baby, Adoption, Pregnancy)

- Do all caregivers have the issue or just a specific

- Do you have the introduce interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 128 of 128 (7,859 Views)

All Replies

Re: Parent cannot feed or interact with infants.

★★ Apprentice

I'm the OP.  I just asked the Nanny to introduce me and now it looks like I have a lot more options to care for my infants.  I would recommend to everyone with this bug to hire a nanny, have them introduce you and then go from there.

Message 2 of 128 (14,502 Views)

★ Guide

Same here with my game. All I can do is read them a book. 

Message 3 of 128 (14,482 Views)

Hero
@chrissyd1982 Are you also on console or on PC/Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 128 (14,467 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I play on PS4 console. I am having the same issues. I can’t do anything with infants except read them a toddler book.
Message 5 of 128 (14,460 Views)

Hero
@chrissyd1982 Is/Was your Sim also famous ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 128 (14,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI don’t think so. It was a male sim. He did the science baby thing to have a baby and then he aged up the child to infant where all he could do with the infant was read them a book. He could feed and change diapers when the child was a newborn child. As soon the child aged up to an infant I couldn’t feed or even do anything except read to them. I couldn’t even put them in their crib either to put them to bed either.

Message 7 of 128 (14,446 Views)

Re: Parent needs to be introduced to infant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same here. Got a Science baby. Both parents listed in CAS as Mother. The only available interaction is "Ask to be Introduced by..." and the hover text says "You haven't met the caregivers of this Infant. Hey where are they anyways?" Definitely no Fame issue. I don't have the Get Famous Pack. There are other issues too, like the so-called improved newborn genetics gave Miko Ojo and her Latina partner a pasty white newborn, and reset 3x trying to get a girl, and all 4 Science Baby attempts came back boys. Can't say I'm surprised by day one bugs. A sad standard... 🙄

Message 8 of 128 (14,408 Views)

Hero
@iamsweetmystery You're also on console, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 128 (14,400 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict - Yeah, PS4. I have the PC version too, but I haven't played that since the update yet, while I wait for mods to update too.

Message 10 of 128 (14,395 Views)