by SarahSims123

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS] [XB] Build mode not allowing scrolling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sp23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant scroll through build mode options.
What do you expect to see? Ability to scroll through all content in first toggle mode. Doesn’t allow me to move over
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. January 31 patch

Occurred after patch. Please allow us to choose to revert back to original build mode on console.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 44 (9,940 Views)

Re: Console build mode not allowing scrolling

★★★ Novice

Currently, items by function and build item(specifically flooring and wall patterns) are the issue. Objects by room are working

Message 2 of 44 (9,909 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SarahSims123 Yes! I'm so sick of them forcing these changes we did not ask for! I CAN'T STAND NOT BEING ABLE TO EXIT THE CATALOG!!!
Message 3 of 44 (9,850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I figured out you have to repeatedly switch the cursor toggle which is the select button. That makes it go back to how it used to be but it reverts to cursor after placing things down

Message 4 of 44 (9,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here can't flick through object items, customisation either. Happened just after the new patch. Please fix this!!! It's nearly impossible to play 

Message 5 of 44 (9,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly I can’t get build mode to scroll it’s driving me crazy not being able to get other build objects I need. I really hope they listen to the fans and change this. 

Message 6 of 44 (9,730 Views)

Re: PLEASE HELP! Sims 4 game stuck in build mode in the middle of my building

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox and it is show me the same thing as op

Message 7 of 44 (9,708 Views)

This is actually ruined my game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ps5 The buildmode is broken I can't move my cursor it jumps from menu and u can't scroll down and up I don't understand why this is happening 

Message 8 of 44 (9,586 Views)

After Recent update controls not responding

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Solaire I am beyond irritated! I’ve played sims for going on 15 years. I’ve been playing on PS4 for the past 5-6. With that said, I’m super invested into this game owning all expansion packs and add-ons specifically for building, as that’s what I primarily do. I have spent hundreds of dollars purchasing these for PS4 in the past few years so the fact I just deleted the game again because the update was so horrible not only disappoints me, but it makes me question what you guys were doing to make this better for console? I’ve tried restarting my PlayStation also redownloading the game thinking it was a bug, but no, it was the update that I didn’t even want in the first place and continued to push off. I can’t do anything in build mode, I can’t scroll through any of the items in the menu. Not to mention, I hate the fact you can’t exit out of the menu! I like to see what I’ve built and not have the menu in the way!! This update completely forgets about people who only play the game to build, especially console users.
I’m just disappointed and really wish this update never happened.
I hope you guys can fix this if there is a bug in the update.

Message 9 of 44 (9,660 Views)

Re: [PS] Build mode not allowing scrolling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this problem too but on Xbox one. It’s so frustrating I just downloaded 3 building packs and I cant even use them because build mode is broken.

Message 10 of 44 (9,332 Views)