[FIXED] [HSY] Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being Cured

by t6j3irnfhwu8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HSY] Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being Cured

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP except Cottage Living. I have the game packs Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires and Werewolves. I have the stuff packs Bowling, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, then have them acquire the fear of the dark. From there, you must cure them. The moodlet may stick around, leaving your sim fearing the dark constantly- even when it's sunny. Maybe they're goth. Or the opposite of goth.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim consistently has the moodlet Afraid of the Dark, even when they no longer have the fear.
What do you expect to see? After curing the fear, I expect to see the moodlets go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 7/26/2022 update.

A photo of my sim's moodlet, with the description for "Afraid of the Dark: In the vast nothingness of the darkness, the night holds mystery. intrigue, and fear." On the other side of the screen is the sim's traits panel, including a different fear, but not the Fear of the Dark.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, 

Message 1 of 137 (65,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being *

Hero

Sims that confront their fear of the dark will not continue to be affected by the Afraid of the Dark Scared Moodlet buff.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 137 of 137 (18,620 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 fears

★★★★★ Novice

My sim had a fear of the dark I succeeded In "Conquering his fear", however he got scared of the dark even when he didn't have the fear and he does the scared run even when he isn't scared can you please resolve this?

Message 2 of 137 (60,306 Views)

Sim with no fears getting "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet during the day

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Acquire the fear "Fear of darknesss", then get over it by being confident in the dark. After conquering the fear, let your sim stand outside for a while during the day (speeding up may help get the moodlet earlier). I got the glitch after my sim had gotten and conquered the fear twice.
What happens when the bug occurs? If the glitch occurs, the sim who conquered the fear will get the "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet during the day when standing outside.
What do you expect to see? The sim in question, who doesn't even have a fear of darkness, would not get the "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet by going outside during the day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Before updating to version 1.90.358.1030, the version which added Wants/Fears, I removed all mods, then updated. I continued to play without mods.

Attached a screenshot of my sim having the Wants/Fears glitch in question. Note that the in-game time is10:46 AM, and that my sim got the "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet 2 hours ago (The moodlet lasts 4 in-game hours. When outside, it continuously stays at 4 hours). Wants/Fears are turned on, and my sim does not have the "Fear of darkness" trait, also shown in the screenshot. Not depicted: When the sim stands outside for a certain amount of time, the moodlet will go back to lasting 4 hours and won't disappear until the sim goes inside and the 4 hours pass.

Message 3 of 137 (65,721 Views)

Re: Sim Still Holds Fear After Being Cured

★ Apprentice

Product:The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but High School Years, Dine Out, Baatu, and a few stuff packs and kits. 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Acquire the fear "Fear of darknesss", then get over it by being confident in the dark. The moodlet won't go away.

What happens when the bug occurs? If the glitch occurs, the sim who conquered the fear will get the "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet during the day when standing outside.
What do you expect to see? The sim in question, who doesn't even have a fear of darkness, would not get the "Afraid of the Dark" moodlet by going outside during the day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Before updating to version 1.90.358.1030, the version which added Wants/Fears, I removed all mods, then updated. I continued to play without mods.

I tried removing the "afraid of the dark" moodlet using cheats, but it kept coming back. I tried disabling wants and fears in game properties, but that didn't remove the moodlet either. It reminds me of how Lifestyles were broken in Snowy Escape. Even if I removed a Lifestyle trait, my sim would continue to receive moodlets from that lifestyle. I stopped playing with Lifestyles altogether. This feels like the exact same bug. I'm disabling wants and fears for new saves. 

Message 4 of 137 (65,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, Eco, University, Seasons, Island, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Decorator, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim be afraid of the Dark
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets the Scared moodlet, even though they have been "cured" of the fear and it's daytime. They got the cured moodlet, the fear was removed from their personality tab, yet they're still constantly scared. I even turned off fears and the scared moodlet pops up when she's outside during the day.
What do you expect to see? I expect them not to be scared after being cured of the fear. I expect them to not get a scared of the dark moodlet during daytime. I expect that turning off fears will disable the specific scared of the dark moodlet.  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new update that included fears. 

Having a Sim be Scared for 4 hours every time they go outside makes them pretty unplayable. 

Message 5 of 137 (65,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@t6j3irnfhwu8 Exactly the same thing is happening to my Sim after I used a potion to remove the fears. They have come back, and 'Afraid of the Dark' is stuck on my character. It eventually goes away indoors, but as soon as I go back outside, whatever time of day, it's back.
Message 6 of 137 (65,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I know Frown It was so unplayable I just deleted that sim Frown

@rentaduckie11 wrote:

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, Eco, University, Seasons, Island, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Decorator, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim be afraid of the Dark
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets the Scared moodlet, even though they have been "cured" of the fear and it's daytime. They got the cured moodlet, the fear was removed from their personality tab, yet they're still constantly scared. I even turned off fears and the scared moodlet pops up when she's outside during the day.
What do you expect to see? I expect them not to be scared after being cured of the fear. I expect them to not get a scared of the dark moodlet during daytime. I expect that turning off fears will disable the specific scared of the dark moodlet.  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new update that included fears. 

Having a Sim be Scared for 4 hours every time they go outside makes them pretty unplayable. 

Message 7 of 137 (65,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem I have never had any MODS or CC and still get the problem I have tried to conquer the fear but it is still showing. Tried to turn it off in settings but doesn't, tried using the fear be gone potion where it says 'drink' it is blanked out and when you hover over it says 'your SIM has no fear to cure' even though they evidently do. Tried moving my family out and back in, going inside works for a while until they step outside again whether it day or night.

Message 8 of 137 (64,868 Views)

★★ Guide

Same problem. My child sim got the fear of the dark, I conquered the fear and the “trait” has gone but he’s still got the moodlet for being scared even during the day. It’s very annoying 

(on PS4)

Message 9 of 137 (64,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also having the issue. Tried reapplying the trait via testingcheats to remove it via the drink, and again via the “be confident outside at night” want, but he still practically craps himself in terror every time he steps outside, no matter how sunny it is. I even tried buying him the Brave trait. No dice. It prevents the fear of the dark trait from being reapplied, but he’s still scared of leaving the house. Was not aiming for hikikomori gameplay with this sim…

Message 10 of 137 (64,302 Views)