Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GRO] Milestones resetting/disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars and some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave household and sims will have lost milestones they previously had.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims lose milestones they had previously
What do you expect to see? Sims still have their milestones
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My toddler sim has lost about half her milestones after exiting the game. It is not an issue with saving as she skill has max skills, and a friend outside the household. She has been able to earn back the first childhood friend milestone, but not any to do with skills as the skills are already maxed. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 222 (23,007 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Milestones resetting/disappearing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims with tracked Milestones won't forget about them if they are moved into a non-played Household

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

Since the patch notes suggest that it was only fixed for sims moving in and not rotational play and this thread has become a bit of a collection, please create a new thread per instance where the milestones still disappear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 222 of 222 (9,558 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

★ Guide

I am having trouble trying to reproduce this. I have tried traveling, switching households, going into CAS, closing the game and starting it again and loading a different household then returning to the one with the toddler. The toddler keeps the milestones every time (the toddler has the max skills and a couple of others). 

Can you think of something in particular or different from what I'm trying? Is your toddler a science baby? Was the toddler born before or after the patch? Are the infant milestones still there?

Message 2 of 222 (22,918 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@durango1906 Having the same issue - my infant lost ALL their milestones after changing household :’(. They were already sitting up and eating finger foods, but now back to no milestones and half their infant lifespan is gone!
Message 3 of 222 (22,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. My infant and adult lost all of their milestones after joining another sims household. 

Message 4 of 222 (22,865 Views)

★★ Guide
I have exactly the same problem ...

Message 5 of 222 (22,834 Views)

★★★ Novice
@durango1906 Same issue
Message 6 of 222 (22,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this same issue with my current household. I have a toddler and two infants, all of which had most of their milestones, and after briefly going to a different household, all their milestones have been reset. I’ve tried exiting the game, reloading the save, repairing the game, and I just can’t figure out how to fix it. Frown 

Message 7 of 222 (22,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also had this problem. It started with toddler milestones and then I noticed it in child aged sims as well. I had my child complete a new motor aspiration by having her learn how to ride a bike. She got the milestone. Then she left the lot and came back and the milestone was just gone even though the aspiration was still complete and her motor skill was still high. Plus she remembers how to ride a bike so she can't re-learn and get the milestone back. The game doesn't register that she knows how to do it. I had similar things happen with toddler skills like learning numbers.

Message 8 of 222 (22,727 Views)

★★ Guide

Not with a toddler but with one of my children. He lost his milestone for learning to ride a bike. I have a total of 6 kids of various ages. He started out as an infant but is now a child. He's the only one I've noticed that's lost a milestone. He still knows how to ride his bike but the milestone itself is gone. Now that I think about it, the family did leave the lot to attend a festival so maybe he lost it traveling too.

Message 9 of 222 (22,708 Views)

Hero

To be sure, you are all playing rotationally switching households ? This does not happen if you leave the game and then continue to play with the same family or travel/go to CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 222 (22,655 Views)