Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Aspiration/Career tasks

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but 'My First Pet Stuff' and 'Get Famous'
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration and use the digital sketch pad.
What happens when the bug occurs? Using the digital sketch pad does not count as painting
What do you expect to see? The digital sketch pad to work the same as the easel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov, patch

Like the 'Sketch for Two Hours' bug using the digital sketch pad does not count towards completing any of the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration goals.

Message 1 of 12 (6,427 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration

Hero

Updated the Digitalistic Sketchpad object so that creating paintings on it will satisfy Aspiration goals and work tasks that involve painting.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (5,085 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration

Hero
I see this as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (6,293 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (6,249 Views)

Paintings created on the new sketchpad don't count toward painter aspiration

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Famous, all game packs, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, all free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a sim the "Painter Extraordinaire" aspiration and the Digitalistic Sketchpad, but no easel. Have them make paintings.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can make paintings all day long, but none will count toward the aspiration goals.
What do you expect to see? I expect painting created on the sketchpad to interact with the aspiration the same way those created on easels do. If they're meant to behave differently, please change to wording of the aspiration to clarify.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also, I can't submit this bug report without typing something here, which seems foolish since I have nothing more to say.

Message 4 of 12 (6,172 Views)

Re: Paintings created on the new sketchpad don't count toward painter aspiration

Hero

Hi @Yndesent

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (6,164 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration

★★ Apprentice
I was suggested by Rosemow from the Sims forums to mention here that painting on the digital sketch pad also does not fulfill the painting career painting tasks.
Message 6 of 12 (6,113 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Digital Sketch Pad not fulfilling Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give Sim Style Influencer Career. When they get the «Crée 3 Croquis» Daily Task, try completing them on the Sketchpad. When you complete the impressions, they do not count towards the completion of that task.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can make impressions all day long, but none will count toward the Daily Task.
What do you expect to see? I expect impressions created on the sketchpad to count toward completing that task, especially when that's the ONLY way to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.47.49.

***Thanks to Yndescent for the post template. I just changed some of the info to fit my "version" of the issue.

Message 7 of 12 (6,058 Views)

Hero

Updated the Digitalistic Sketchpad object so that creating paintings on it will satisfy Aspiration goals and work tasks that involve painting.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (5,086 Views)

★★ Guide
I don't have an option to create emotional paintings on the sketchpad, as I do on the easel.
which also is part of the aspiration goals
Message 9 of 12 (5,032 Views)

Hero
Sounds like a different issue. Just create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (5,026 Views)