by peacefulsim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New size down cheat not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to Work, City Living, Get Together. Game Packs: Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Size down cheat not working
What happens when the bug occurs? Size down cheat not working. When pressing thre open bracket ] nothing happens, the objects mantains its size. Size up key works fine as well as other hotkeys.
What do you expect to see? Size down working
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Lastest patch, 11/07/2017

Hey, so I've installed the latest patch and the new size down cheat is not working at all. Everything else seems to work fine except that. I've tried cleaning up my cache, clean rebooting the computer, repairing the game through Origin, starting a new save game and nothing happened.

I also removed all mods and cc before booting the game, so that should not be an issue.

What can I do to make it work?

Message 1 of 20 (4,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New size down cheat not working

★★★ Apprentice

It is a keyboard issue, I tried ctrl+´ and shitf+´ and they both worked!

Thanks everyone for the help!

View in thread

Message 13 of 20 (7,379 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried it with Moveobjects on? Its working fine for me.

Message 2 of 20 (4,926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, and with Testingcheats true as well. 

I seem to be the only one with this problem and I don't know what to do. Everything else is working, the new roofs are great, but the shriking is not working at all, it's really upseting.

I'm thinking about unninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I honestly at this point don't think it will make a difference.

Message 3 of 20 (4,922 Views)

Hero

Have you tried removing your entire user folder and let the game create a new one for testing purposes ?

Start a new save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,903 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I've repaired the game and also tried resetting my sims 4 folder. Still didn't work..

Message 5 of 20 (4,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

What keyboard layout are you guys using ? Depending on it, the cheat could be different.

Does scaling up work for both of you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (4,860 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I use the [ key to make objects larger, it works fine. I'm from Brazil, my keyboard layout is ABNT2.

Message 7 of 20 (4,854 Views)

Hero

If you make it larger, can you then size it back down to normal size or does that not work either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,851 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No it doesn't, but it never has. I always had to delete the object..

Message 9 of 20 (4,849 Views)

Hero

Could you try some different combinations ? Like maybe } on your keyboard ? I would try all the ones next to 8 and i as well.

i have to use ? and ` on my swiss german keyboard.

If it never worked, I think you might just be using the wrong one for your keyboard.

Maybe this post helps: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/780150/help-with-re-size-key/p1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (4,831 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help