[MODS/DESIGN] NPCs Taking all Harvestables (at festivals, at home, in the wild)

by jari121red

Original Post

Highlighted

[MODS/DESIGN] NPCs Taking all Harvestables (at festivals, at home, in the wild)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.1.56.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio,Vampires, Eco Lifestyle, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Spooky Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attend the Spice Festival. It may also happen at the Romance Festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? Within seconds of the spice festival launching, sims are already stripping the plants of harvestables. Not even all the bits and pieces of the festival have finished spawning before they do start doing this. They also do this with plants in the wild - if my sim is not instantly able to go to the plants, they are stripped bare by NPCs, and they also do this with plants on homelots.
What do you expect to see? NPC sims do not instantly start harvesting any and all plants that they see before sims have a fair chance to get to them.  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

NAPs were Self Sufficiency, Tech Support, Creative Arts, and Foodies Unite. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 30 (1,253 Views)

Re: NPCs Taking all Harvestables (at festivals, at home, in the wild)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jari121red Could you please post the game version as shown on your main menu at the bottom.

Are there any NAPs active for the neighborhood that is active when you travel to the spice festival ?

Seems there's two reasons for this to happen

• Self Sufficient NAP (Design)
  • MCCC Autonomy (Mod)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (1,243 Views)

★ Guide

Added the game version to the orignal post, and the NAPS were Self sufficiency, tech support, Foodies Unite, and Performing Arts Support. However, this has happened without the self sufficiency one, since that's new. 

Message 3 of 30 (1,235 Views)

Hero
@jari121red Hm, self sufficiency would def explain the behavior but as you say it's new, could you try repealing them all for testing and see if it makes a difference ? (use the cheat, it's easiest)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (1,228 Views)

Hero
@jari121red Did you get a chance to test if you can narrow it down to a NAP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (1,188 Views)

★★ Guide
@jari121red I am having this issue, too, but I've only paid attention to it at my sims' homes. It's very annoying because hey, that's money lol!
Message 6 of 30 (1,171 Views)

Hero
@JulietJuly22 Do you have Eco ? Which NAPs are active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (1,152 Views)

★★ Guide

I do have Eco. I've had it happen with various NAPs in place. I never do the "Sharing is Caring" one. Usually I have some variation of Eco Friendly Appliances, Self-Sufficiency, Clean Energy Production, Free Love, the two different Arts ones, Tech Support, and, if in Evergreen Harbor, the green initiatives. 

IDK if the Green Gardening one causes it? That's the only one other than Sharing is Caring that would seem to make some degree of sense (though it's still rather annoying). 

Message 8 of 30 (1,133 Views)

Hero
@JulietJuly22 I think self-sufficient does. Can you try repealing that and see if it still happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (1,125 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I will check my current lots where it's happening and repeal it if it's active and get back to you!
Message 10 of 30 (1,123 Views)