by Ulf-Gunnel

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Can't place picnic basket on a table with a lamp

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs / kits but: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires SP: MFPS, Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try placing a picnic basket on a picnic table with a lamp (ex. in the Bramblewoods).
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim perform the animation to place the basket but it don't show up on the table, instead it stays in the sim's inventory.
What do you expect to see? The picnic basket to be placed on the table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed CoL EP.

Sim's can't place the picnic basket on the table even if there is an interaction for this and even if they perform the animation. Is it possible to remove the lamp from the tables?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (2,030 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Can't place picnic basket on a table with a lamp

★★ Pro

Yeah this.. We get real picnics and picnic baskets with this pack and then... we can't use the picnic benches that are in Henford to actually have a picnic! This is.. or could be a very cool feature in the pack but the issue with lamps needs to be solved!

Message 2 of 3 (1,009 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Can't place picnic basket on a table with a lamp

★★★ Guide

Just tried placing a picnic basket on a table with a lamp and it's not working for me anymore (worked a year ago and the last time I remember them using a picnic table with a lamp was a month after this was posted; I checked a screenshot I had that this site won't let me post from Google Photos in the file thing because the "content type doesn't match the file extension" according to the error). Not sure when it stopped working for me because I haven't used a picnic basket on one of the picnic tables that have a lamp in a long time (kinda been a while since I used the picnic feature also). 

Also I'm on Xbox and the same thing that's happening to the OP in this thread is happening to me too (Sim places the picnic basket but it stays in the inventory instead of being placed on the table).

Message 3 of 3 (949 Views)