[FIXED] Autonomous Insulting (Patch 1.92.145)

by ChickNuggEnthuse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Autonomous Insulting (Patch 1.92.145)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High school years, cottage living, cats and dogs, My Wedding Stories, backyard stuff, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing a household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Right after today's update, my Sims are suddenly incessantly insulting each other autonomously. They are a family that are all good friends, no mischief traits or skills, no previous issues whatsoever. I've never had a sim insult anyone autonomously, and now it happens several times per minute of play.
What do you expect to see? No autonomous insulting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Was playing all day before the patch with no issues. Immediately after patch for version noted above, I began experiencing the issue with and without CC.

Nothing else to note.

Message 2 of 1,123 (72,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Autonomous Insulting (Patch 1.92.145)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, 

This issue should now be resolved with the release of today's SDX drop and this thread will now be closed.

If you're still having issues with this after today's release, please post in the new thread for investigation but please also be aware that the below examples are by design, and not bugged:

1. Roughhousing NAP
  2. Mean Sims .. cause they are mean (and probably also evil)
  3. Brawls in Windenburg
  4. Club Rules
EACade

View in thread

Message 1123 of 1,123 (16,172 Views)

All Replies

Re: Why are all of my Sims CONSTANTLY being rude?

★★★★ Apprentice

I started having this too after the recent update (4/11). This happens in every household. When I let my sims have a conversation by themselves, they start yelling and insulting each other. Happens with teens, adults and elders. Haven’t tried with children yet. 
i don’t have mods or cc, I just have city living, cats and dogs and cottage living. 

Message 1 of 1,123 (72,090 Views)

Re: Autonomous Insulting

★★★★★ Novice

I second all of this. The issue was NOT present before the patch downloaded today. I am on PS4 with Seasons, Cats and Dogs, and Desert Luxe.

Message 3 of 1,123 (72,336 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, get to work, get together, city living, island living, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, parenthood, dream home decorator, luxury parties, vintage glamour, toddler, laundry day, Moschino, nifty knitting, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing a household, sims with no negatives traits, sentiments or friendships will autonomously insult one another
What happens when the bug occurs? Right after today's update, all my Sims are suddenly using insulting/mean interactions with each other autonomously. They are husband, wife and father in law that are all good friends, no mischief traits or skills, no previous issues whatsoever. I've never had a sim insult anyone autonomously, and now it happens several times per minute of play. I have to now micromanage my sims social interactions, if I don't their relationship bars will all be declining rapidly. 
What do you expect to see? No autonomous mean interactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed all of them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I was playing this morning before the patch with no issues. Immediately after patch for version noted above, I began experiencing the issue with and without CC.

Message 4 of 1,123 (72,250 Views)

Sims being mean to each other

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats + Dogs, Seasons, City Living, University and parenthood ‌
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let some sims talk to each other
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims you don't control will occasionally make mean remarks despite not having motive or traits to inspire them.
What do you expect to see? Normal cutting remarks when the situation calls for it, or when it would be funny.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after today's - 11th October - patch. ‌

. ‌

Message 5 of 1,123 (71,816 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This bug has grown exponentially since the last patch (1.92.145.1030). It used to only occasionally happen that sims would insult each other for no reason (with 100% friendship and/or love), now as soon as you let them chat independently, all interactions are insulting, one after another. It's starting to get frustrating.
Could it be that it is related to the introduction of the new trait Faithful/Loyal?
I will try equipping both my sims with this new trait and let you know if anything changes.

Message 6 of 1,123 (71,819 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

★★★★★ Newbie
@Masa136 This has been happening to me as well! It is literally impossible to stop them from being mean to each other!
Message 7 of 1,123 (71,805 Views)

Re: Sims being mean to each other

★ Guide
@Zanite8 This seems like a feature, no?
Message 8 of 1,123 (71,775 Views)

Sims being mean randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together Get to Work Discover University Vampires Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any sim and have them talk to another sim or autonomously interact
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are randomly using mean interactions with other sims, despite full relationship bars, and with no negative moodlets and no negative traits.
What do you expect to see? My sims are having positive conversations based on their relationship level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch which includes Emily.

I just updated Sims 4 with the most recent patch which includes Emily. Just yesterday my game was running fine. My sim family has strong relationship bars, but now the husband has been randomly yelling at the wife. The daughter will randomly insult the dad. Even when I try to cancel the interaction, the sim will want to do the mean interaction again. They can be fully happy, and with no negative moods, and still randomly be mean to another sim. I have tried turning off autonomy, and this did not work. This did not happen prior to the patch. I have not downloaded or included any mods to the game, and have just been running with the expansion packs, kits, etc. 

Message 9 of 1,123 (71,773 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It gets a little frustrating when a patch comes out, and it seemingly makes things worse somehow.

Message 10 of 1,123 (72,007 Views)