FreePlay keeps prompting purchase every 2 days

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

FreePlay keeps prompting purchase every 2 days

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Back in July 3, I've made a thread mentioning that The Sims FreePlay tends to ask you to purchase after the timer runs out. Once it runs out, the game will pop up a dialog asking you to purchase something. In October, November, December 2016, and January 2017, I keep getting prompts about every 2 days.

Here's the dialog that I would get from time to time:

FreePlay purchase prompt

This happened several times in July, September, October, and November. Regardless if you press the purple % button or not, they will appear when the timer runs out or 48 hours pass. This can cause another problem particularly for children or people unfamiliar with the in-app purchase system (unaware that it costs real money) since it isn't helped that iOS and Android have in-app purchases enabled by default although you can be saved by the password prompt and the purchase prompt but still.

None of the other games such as The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 do this although TS3 does be default show TS3 Store items in Buy Mode which cost SimPoints. TS4 doesn't nag you to purchase although attempting to access a World without owning the appropriate DLC (i.e., accessing Windenburg without owning The Sims 4 Get Together) will prompt a purchase by bringing up Origin in-game to open a browser window.

I know this isn't a game breaking glitch or problem but the purchase dialogs can be considered problematic especially to children or teens playing it. FreePlay also does it when you try to purchase something when you don't have enough Simoleons, Lifestyle Points, or Social Points to purchase an item or use an action, and also does it when you try to use a VIP-only perk (such as sending the Sim to work again [Double Shift]) without having the appropriate VIP level.

Also I'm sure this is going to get annoying to see this prompt especially when there isn't an option to turn it off.

Message 1 of 2 (469 Views)

Re: FreePlay keeps prompting purchase every 2 days

★ Guide

This still happens today. Previously FreePlay never asked you to purchase anything every two days but now it does and I'm afraid it's not going to stop. I don't know if Simmers are starting to find the purchase prompts annoying since they occur every 2 days and you're not given an option to turn off these messages. I'm still curious if anyone reading this finds it a problem or annoying.

Message 2 of 2 (403 Views)