Queues being dropped/stuff added

by marissamentis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Queues being dropped/stuff added

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just updated my game with the newest patch and I'm having a problem with the shower. If I tell a sim to go to the toilet and then have a shower, they will walk to the shower first and go in it for like two seconds and get back out (cancelling the shower action) and just go to the toilet. I tried getting a new toilet and shower but nothing seems to fix this. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 143 (41,909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shower Issue

Hero

The original toilet bug that caused most of this was fixed so I'm locking this thread.

If you still see instances, please make new thread (but only after removing your mods).

For the shower, see this: Sim gets straight out of bath and only takes showers

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 143 of 143 (37,252 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I have noticed a few interactions that get cancelled autonomously in addition to showering. The one I've seen most is sims cancelling eating and leaving mostly uneaten dishes everywhere. Didn't have this issue before 4th Dec patch.

Message 2 of 143 (41,848 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah I've had that issue as well! It's really annoying because I have to watch my sims and make sure they actually finish each interaction
Message 3 of 143 (41,845 Views)

Hero

Are you guys using any mods in the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 143 (41,834 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not using any mods or CC. Also factory reset the Sims 4 folder in Documents with no luck.

Message 5 of 143 (41,831 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeh not using mods either, tried repairing my game but still no change
Message 6 of 143 (41,826 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Also try moving the Sim out and back in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 143 (41,821 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No change after moving the folder, letting it repopulate and starting a new game and using the Pancake family as a test.

Message 8 of 143 (41,809 Views)

Hero

Repairing game ? Switching back to 32 bit for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 143 (41,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

No change after repairing or switching to 32-bit version. Frown

Noticed some more oddities such as sims cancelling actions in queue if they're eating (Eliza eating a meal, ordered to 'Admire new possession' which was a fridge, she stops eating, stands and the Admire action is cancelled with no indications as to why.)

Also sims resetting a lot when trying to sit on couches or using the toilet ('Sitting' kind, for dignity's sake. :P)

Message 10 of 143 (41,793 Views)