[FIXED] Prior relationship status is not removed

by xhellocoldworld

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Prior relationship status is not removed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Not sure if this same issue has already been brought up or not but I haven't seen anything quite like this yet.

But it's happened to me about four times now.  My sim will be romantically involved with another sim but never actually be in an "official" relationship with them.  I'll want to break up with them, but it's insanely hard to break up with just romantic interests (there is no real "break up" option; this may be a bug in and of itself), so basically I have to do Mean interactions with them until our relationship is in the red.

I've even gotten to the point of declaring enemies with some of them, but once I scroll over their thumbnail (either in the relationship panel itself or on the conversation panel) it will still say that our sims are still "sweethearts" or "lovebirds"... as if we're still romantically involved.

This is really annoying because it makes me nervous to go out and date another sim because what if the game perceives it as I'm cheating on the other sim?

I have mods in my game but if I'm recalling correctly, it did this once before I added mods.  So I'm pretty sure it's not any mod conflictions.

Message 1 of 64 (7,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Both acquaintances and best friends

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Really, you didn’t want the entire, long, sordid, intricate history of each of your relationships displayed? Ok. Ok. It’s back to how it was before….

This has been fixed in Patch 1.30.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 64 (5,577 Views)

All Replies

Re: Relationship Status: Enemies, but still Sweethearts/Lovebirds

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed that my game now lists the highest romantic status my Sim has with another Sim, and, if the relationship decays, everything below it also.  This sometimes results in my Sim having four or five romantic statuses with another Sim.  The status listed first seems to be what the status is currently.

Message 2 of 64 (7,773 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ClayMask wrote:

I've noticed that my game now lists the highest romantic status my Sim has with another Sim, and, if the relationship decays, everything below it also.  This sometimes results in my Sim having four or five romantic statuses with another Sim.  The status listed first seems to be what the status is currently.

I get that sometimes, too.  It's annoying!!

Message 3 of 64 (7,766 Views)

Hero

Please test without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 64 (7,761 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't use mods, and I still see the multiple statuses.

Message 5 of 64 (7,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Please test without mods.

Disabled my mods and it's still occurring.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

http://i57.tinypic.com/xf2qgi.jpg

I was engaged to Nina Caliente, then decided to break up with her.  Luckily, the official option to "break up" was there, so I didn't have to bombard her with Mean interactions until we hated each other.  I still wanted to maintain a friendship.

But the game still is calling us "soulmates," as you can see.  We have that other status that's also romantic, "It's Very Complicated," which to me also seems like the game thinks we're still in a relationship, just a tense one at the moment.

Also, you can see we still have the normally pink romance meter, but it's just red now.  If we break up with someone, shouldn't that meter go away entirely and only leave the friendship one?

Or at least set the meter back to zero?

(Additionally, but probably a separate bug, see how it's saying we're only acquaintances?  Our green friendship meter is at max, so I'm not sure how it still thinks we're only acquaintances.)

Here's another case.  Screenshot provided.

http://i61.tinypic.com/3463vns.jpg

I was only ever "romantic interest" status with Dereck (I was going to pursue a further relationship, until I realized he was married and had a kid...).  So, this is more like what I was talking about in my original post here.

Since there's no official "break up" option or "Ask to just be friends" option (like there was in Sims 3), I bombarded him with Mean interactions until we hated each other.  As you can see, I even went as far as declaring him an enemy.

Yet, the game is still tying us with some kind of romantic status, "Terrible Match".

Also, like with Nina, we still have the romance meter, it's just in red.

So I'm just confused and annoyed.

Message 6 of 64 (7,751 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The reason for the red romance bars makes sense to me.  If two people have a bad break up, they may be less likely to want to get romantically involved again then a pair of good friends.  The multiple romantic statuses thing doesn't make sense to me.

Message 7 of 64 (7,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ClayMask wrote:

The reason for the red romance bars makes sense to me.  If two people have a bad break up, they may be less likely to want to get romantically involved again then a pair of good friends.  The multiple romantic statuses thing doesn't make sense to me.

That's true, although that may be contributing to the problem.  Broken up sims still have the romance bar, even if it's in the red, which could be why the game is getting confused and thinking the sims still have some kind of romantic relationship.  Just a guess, though.

Message 8 of 64 (7,736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think the red romance bar is the problem.  When the romantic relationship of my Sim degrades over time, he can have more than one status for the relationship.  The romance bar is still pink, but it seems like there should only be one romantic status.  He shouldn't have two different lovebird status, sweethearts, and soulmates all at the same time for the relationship.

Message 9 of 64 (7,733 Views)

Hero

DId you ever check what status the other Sim has ? Meaning did you check how it looks for Nina Caliente ? 

I'll add this on the next round though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 64 (7,726 Views)