Re: Can't make friends

by Deckete

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
It seems that when relationship decays to aquaintance after your sim made friends with npc sim The relationship gets stuck as acquaintance when rebuilding to friend under friend heading. The cheat codes at forum only helps short term. Hope this issue gets patched thank you for all your help
Message 71 of 79 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately this bug was only solved in parts, just like last time. Friends of my sim that had the high relationship but were considered only as "acquaintance" has been corrected and became like friends. But some sims who did not have much relationship still continues with the bug, you try to make friends, but is just as acquaintance.

This bug is difficult to fix! The friendship it is essential for the development within the game.

Message 72 of 79 (990 Views)

Hero

Is this just for Sims with existing friendships or also for new Sim ?

What happens if you destroy the friendship ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 79 (980 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I would like to report that sept 1 patch has fixed aquaintance bug for my sim His female sim friend is now listed as friend. Thank you for your assistance😀
Message 74 of 79 (974 Views)

Hero

Thank you for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 79 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

With new sims it seems to be normal. But the problem is with some sims that my sims had this bug, but were not with the full relationship bar. So when my sim talks to these sims to the relationship bar stay full, does not conclude with friends, only acquaintances.

Edt.: I think I solved the problem with bug friendship. I will try to explain how I did.

My sim A was talking with sim B to the relationship bar to fill and become friends. But as I had already reported the bug of friendship was still there. They were acquaintances. I was in the house sim B to see his relationship with the sim A. I saw that they were like friends, really. Then i did sim B talk more with the sim A, and then returned to the house sim A. When I did this, I had a surprise. The sim A now was friend of sim B!

My conclusion: The update fixed the bug, but not with those who were affected. For them to get also fixed you have to do manually.

Message 76 of 79 (948 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you for the information it is of great help. Used it to fix one of my sims friendships.😀
Message 77 of 79 (916 Views)

Hero

I'm going to mark this as solved for now.

Feel free to bump if you still see it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 79 (3,743 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Pretty sure the relationships glitch is doing it again.  Just experienced it yesterday and watched a couple You-Tubers that had the same thing happen. Have a sim that chose the friend of the world aspiration (after completing another). She got to the stage where one has to make 12 friends. It said she had 1/12. I'm like what? Okay. Spent time chatting it up with her housemates and family getting their bars up. Nope. Still listed as all acquaintances. Now, I do occasionally get the notification that sim 1 and sim 2 have become friends/good friends. But, it won't count for whims or aspirations. Seems also that children doing get this issue (at least I've not seen it in my own game). :/

Message 79 of 79 (852 Views)