by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Game Data Incomplete

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

When starting the game I get the following error message

Game Data Incomplete Not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighborhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected results. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover the missing data.

GameDataIncomplete

Cause

This message usually occurs if the data from an expansion or game pack is no longer present in the game, mostly when you uninstall the packs and try to play a save game that was saved with those expansions. It seems some data gets lost without you uninstalling something, though

Solution

1. Close the game and do not save it.
  2. Click on the game and choose
  3. Scroll down till you see the expansions/game packs
  4. Right click on the first one and choose Repair game 
  5. Repeat for all game/expansion packs
  6. Restart the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (64,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ISSUE] Game Data Incomplete

Hero

I've not seen this in a while so I'm marking this as fixed

Feel free to report if it's not fixed for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 43 of 50 (50,682 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

★★ Novice

I have both the packs for Sims 4 and I make a game, everything's brilliant.
Then I save it, go on it the next day and it says 'missing content' and all the sims 4 - get to work stuff and outdoor retreat isn't there. Everything's either gone or been replaced with the old stuff. If my sims are wearing the new clothing or hairstyles they're either bald or have no clothes on. What's going on?! This has happened twice now!!!!

Message 1 of 50 (64,304 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

Hero

@KippaDippa I moved your post since you have a different issue.

Check if the solution in the first post helps you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 50 (64,299 Views)

How do I fix the Sims 4 game after the "Incomplete Game Data" message

★★★ Newbie

How do i fix the sims 4 after the game has said that it had "Incomplete Game" data, after it was saved by accident? I have tried to uninstall the game and re download it but that doesnt solve the issue. what should i do??

11" Macbook Air 

OSX Yosemite 

Message 4 of 50 (64,257 Views)

Re: How do I fix the Sims 4 game after the "Incomplete Game Data" mess

Community Manager

@Griffonhunter816 Hi,

I have moved your post into this thread. Check if the first post applies and whether you can resolve it by following the workaround listed.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 50 (64,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I have had the same issue with the new expansion pack. I have done what you have suggested and repaired the expansion pack and the Sims 4 game itself. However, when I restarted the game, the same error occurred and the problem was not fixed. Is there another way to fix this problem? Thank you.

Message 6 of 50 (64,206 Views)

Hero

Could you check the following folder:

programs(x86)\Origin_Games\TheSims4 (patch may vary depending on your installation) and check if you have a folder for EP01 and if there's any content in there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 50 (64,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I do have this folder and there is content in it.

Message 8 of 50 (64,199 Views)

Hero

Do you know what you are missing exactly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 50 (64,178 Views)

★★ Novice

In the game, the new world is missing along with the build items, clothes, and hair.

Message 10 of 50 (64,168 Views)