The Sims 3 - My Store content keeps uninstalling

by Calliopeia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 - My Store content keeps uninstalling

★★ Novice

Dear EA,

I had a computer crash, so I needed to reinstall my entire computer and of course together with that my "The Sims 3" installation in all it's glory, with all expansion packs and stuff packs. I had to redownload all the Store content I have purchased over the years.

I have ALL expansion packs and Stuffpacks except - Katy Perry's Sweet Treats

I have purchased almost every single thing that there is in the EA Store for the Sims 3.

The installation of The Sims 3 was smooth and the Launcher seems to be working correctly.

However when I try to install my Store content, which consists of over 1000 files, the launcher says success, it's installed.
But when I load the game NO store content is in there. I close the game and reopen the Launcher and I see that nothing is installed.
So I go to downloads and try again. Again the launcher says success everything is installed. I close the launcher reopen it and again everything is uninstalled.

I have been at this problem for 4 days now, reading forums and what not, but nothing I've tried has helped. I have deleted cache files, .ebc, .dbc, missingdeps.idx and so forth.

At one point I got some of the objects installed, when I tried to install them in smaller clusters (after deleting .ebc and .dbc). This only worked up till file dcdb3.ebc. None of the dcdb files were larger than 250 000 KB. The dcdb3 file stopped working at 125 000 KB. After this file stopped working, again nothing could be installed, due to that the objects got uninstalled. I tried to delete the dcdb3 file and start over again. after many tries I realised I can't get through this file without this problem occuring. I selected different files each time in case one of them was damaged. It didn't work either.

I'm now getting desperate, since I have spent a good amount of money on this but can't get it working.

Please help!

Thank you for your support!

Best regards
/Veronika

Message 1 of 5 (5,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 - My Store content keeps uninstalling

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for your input Crinrict.

I managed to work-around the problem by starting the game and go into shopping mode from within the Sims 3 game. I Redownloaded and installed all my objects one by one. This way the DCCashe files (.ebc) grew in a healthy way. The .ebc files should never grow bigger than 250 000 KB.

While downloading and installing I monitored how the .ebc files grew. If something went wrong I just deleted the last .ebc file and re-installed the objects that disappeared with the deletion. It took me 1,5 days, but now everything works and I have backed up EVERYTHING! ;-)

So... Problem solved, but the launcher is not a very reliable tool. I wish EA could fix this.

(PS: Started with deleting all the Cache files from DCCache and DCBackup. And of course the other cache files that you normally delete when cleaning The Sims 3 installation, CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package)

Br Veronika

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (6,358 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you check ingame or did they show as not installed in the launcher ? The problem with the launcher is that it has a cap on how many it can show, after that everything shows as uninstalled although it's in the game.

Do the files not get bigger afterwards or do you get some kind of error message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (5,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I checked ingame and the store objects are not loaded eventhough the dcdb files get bigger and eventhough the launcher reports success.

I get no error messages what so ever.

I'm just now trying to ingame go to shopping mode (ingame store) and install my purchases from there.

Will get back with the result after installing everything one by one.

Wish me luck and that someone from EA actually gives a **bleep**.

Thank you!

EA, Fix your game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 5 (5,899 Views)

Hero

Did you try removing the whole folder (not just removing the stuff in it) ? Maybe the folder itself is somehow corrupted. Maybe even try to rename the whole EA folder (if you haven't done so)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (5,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for your input Crinrict.

I managed to work-around the problem by starting the game and go into shopping mode from within the Sims 3 game. I Redownloaded and installed all my objects one by one. This way the DCCashe files (.ebc) grew in a healthy way. The .ebc files should never grow bigger than 250 000 KB.

While downloading and installing I monitored how the .ebc files grew. If something went wrong I just deleted the last .ebc file and re-installed the objects that disappeared with the deletion. It took me 1,5 days, but now everything works and I have backed up EVERYTHING! ;-)

So... Problem solved, but the launcher is not a very reliable tool. I wish EA could fix this.

(PS: Started with deleting all the Cache files from DCCache and DCBackup. And of course the other cache files that you normally delete when cleaning The Sims 3 installation, CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package)

Br Veronika

Message 5 of 5 (6,359 Views)