Sims 4 save crashing at 9pm every time

by hiuspaa

Original Post

Sims 4 save crashing at 9pm every time

★★ Novice

I have a save file that "crashes" at the exact same time (9pm) every time I try to do anything with it. Moving the family to a different lot seems to delay the inevitable, but the game still crashes before the next dawn playing with this family. As it is the only family ever played, this is really annoying.

The game doesn't crash fully, the process keeps running, I can still hear environmental audio, I can still move the mouse cursor. The game has created a few exceptions, but does not do it every time. I have attached the last few exception reports. The time stops and the UI doesn't respond to anything. So this issue could be related to the video card? The only thing that can be done, if the game is running fullscreen is to sign out of windows, nothing else does anything.

Never experienced this sort of a problem before the latest patch (22nd august).

No mods or custom content has been installed to the game.

The save file can be downloaded here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkJHc6l-zadshb0aglFwPMvV9FeCuQ

Solutions that I have tried already:

-Repairing the game

-Factory installation of the game

-Updating to the latest display drivers

-deleted origin cache

Any ideas are welcome at this stage. Thanks in advance..

Message 1 of 22 (1,087 Views)

Re: Sims 4 save crashing at 9pm every time

★★ Novice

...and the household that crashes is the "Pöysti" household, that is the one the game recommends to continue playing.

Message 2 of 22 (1,070 Views)

Hero

Hi @hiuspaa

downloaded your save and tried it and same happens for me so it's probably some corruption and not your computer

Doing further testing.

It only happens with this one family, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (1,060 Views)

★★ Novice

I only tried one other family, and got them past 9pm.. After that I returned back to that family, and it crashed immediately.

Also, going to community lots lets you advance past 9pm, but returning back home crashes the game again.

Message 4 of 22 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Here's the test I've done so far (haven't found anything)

1. Played another family and then made them visit your household around 10 pm --> instant freeze
  2. Deleted some of the members of the family and kept just one (two different tries) --> 9 pm frezze
  3. Moved out some of the members and kept just one (two different tries) --> 9 pm freeze
  4. Moved the family to a different house --> 9 pm freeze
  5. Played another family till morning --> no freeze
  6. Switch back to family after playing a different one for a while and then switch to your family --> no freeze until 9 PM came along again.
  7. Played another family on that lot --> no freeze
  8. Moved whole family to new save --> no freeze

So I guess there's three options (for the moment at least, I forwarded your save)

1. Start a new game with your family (I've just tried putting them in a new save but I'm pretty sure you can also place the house). This means you'll loose your family tree and all other Sims (you could move those over as well but without the relationships, those are lost). 
  2. Try if a backup still works. The game should make auto backups.
  3. Tedious and undesirable: Switch to another family shortly before 9 pm and then play in that family until <tbd> and then switch back to yours . but you'll need to do that every night.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (1,046 Views)

EA Sims Team

@hiuspaa @crinrict

We'll take a look.  Thank you very much for the files, @hiuspaa.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 22 (1,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestions @crinrict.

Guess I will try to first see, if any of the backups are still bug-free. If not, I guess starting a new game with the family is the only option.

Looking forward to seeing, if @SimQARobo can fix this issue for good!

Message 7 of 22 (1,007 Views)

Hero

Hi @hiuspaa

if your backups don't work and you're starting over, I would make sure to keep these files in case it can get fixed and you can continue with them later on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (990 Views)

Crashing after toddler update.

★★★ Novice

Since installing the Toddler Pack, my game will just randomly freeze.  I have no mods and everything is updated.  I see there are several people experiencing the same issue.  Is there any word from developers as to what this issue is and when it will be fixed?  If anyone has been able to fix it themselves, what was your solution?

Message 9 of 22 (1,016 Views)

Re: Crashing after toddler update.

Hero

Hi @GratefulAnner

does it freeze at a certain time (like 8 am when they have to go to school ?)

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (1,013 Views)