Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lightning in Seasons question

Hi.

I just recently got Seasons for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!! Makes the game so much more real now. Anyway, I just discovered there's lightning on the game when it rains and that is so cool. I was wondering, like in RL, do the Sims experience power outages with lightning? I think that would be really interesting. Then they'd have to light candles to see.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    No power outages -- since there are no power poles that I've noticed I assume that all the utilities are underground. 8) Sims can get hit by lightning though -- and I assume they can be killed if their motives are low enough or they're already singed from a past electrocution. And I think tall trees can hit and catch fire though I've never seen it. (When I'm listening on the headphones and there's an exceptionally close hit, I always jump!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sims3Lvr88Sims3Lvr88 Posts: 636 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Lol yeah some have said that it's loud when it hits. Oh, well that's a bummer because that would be a cool senario to do, esp in stories.
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Another lighting question. Has anyone seen lightning hit trees, as stilljustme2 said? I know it happens in TS2, but does it happen in TS3?
  • VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited December 2012
    I know that lightning can hit sims. It has happened to me a couple of times. One time some lightning hit my sims car, and then poof. Car was gone and scorch marks were in it's place. It was a really expensive car too. :lol:
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2012
    Like sshaw1 said, lightning can hit your vehicle and it isn't pretty.

I recently moved my Sims to Monte Vista and I prompty traded in the Corvette ZR1, the Hummer H1, and the pair of Dodge Chargers. I replaced them with a Lamborghini, a Range Rover, and a pair of MINI Countryman.

So, during a bright sunny day, it went from this:

original.jpg

And the next rainy storm, lightning hit the Lamborghini and all three cars exploded and showered the lot with scrap!

original.jpg

I knew Sims could be struck by lightning, but losing multiple vehicle to a strike was a total shock.

There was ONE unintended benefit though: most of the piles were 665 scrap, so it only took one or two to complete the Scrap Collector skill challenge!
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited December 2012
    LOL!!! Lesson learned; always build a garage. :P
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Wreck_Diver -- OT, but where did you find that house? And how many bedrooms is it? I'm thinking of a larger house for my Sims and that would be a nice one -- need more bedrooms because I think I might try for that 15 children badge with my current family (that is if my male Sim will stop getting pregnant with alien babies...not sure if they count in the figures).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Wreck_Diver -- OT, but where did you find that house? And how many bedrooms is it? I'm thinking of a larger house for my Sims and that would be a nice one -- need more bedrooms because I think I might try for that 15 children badge with my current family (that is if my male Sim will stop getting pregnant with alien babies...not sure if they count in the figures).

Stilljustme2, this house originally started as a one story starter in Sunset Valley and over the years since Ambitions, I've gradually expanded the house upwards and added two sub basements.

It currently has two master bedrooms on the second floor with twin beds in each room.

If it's something you are interested in, I can upload it.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • tonyray55tonyray55 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2013
    I saw a sim hit by lightning looked like this

9e5aa20876ed05804c722b6cc8d844c560eae7c1_large.jpg