Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough already with the alien abductions!

Comments

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2012
    Lucky you I only got it 1 time yes only 1 time I guess I'm really unlucky lol but now I'm playing a family and I don't want alien abductions since they are human and the only reason I'm playing humans is since supernatural can't skate

otherwise if I was playing a supernatural I would say come on abductions
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't get abductions frequently. Occasionally an alien will visit my home, but not very often. I'm sort of happy about that because it would be really annoying to have them popping up all the time. I also hope EA makes alien, zombie, and IF disable options.
  • kenkie79kenkie79 Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2012
    This is too funny. I haven't had anything happen to my sims yet and one of my issues is that my people refuse to even look through their telescopes.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    Lizyrose wrote:
    I have only gotten abductions when my sim is awake when the aliens come - generally between 2 and 4 am. Has this been the case with others, or have you experienced abduction of a sleeping sim?

I've had several Sims who've been asleep and wake up to go out and check out the lights. Didn't know about the resetsim cheat taking away the queued action -- I'm definitely going to try that (hopefully it won't happen when I'm busy with my other Sims).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited December 2012
    hollynoel wrote:
    I don't get abductions frequently. Occasionally an alien will visit my home, but not very often. I'm sort of happy about that because it would be really annoying to have them popping up all the time. I also hope EA makes alien, zombie, and IF disable options.

IFs are easy to deal with -- as soon as your baby gets the doll, drag it out of inventory, type in testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box, then shift click on the doll and do Object->Delete It and poof it's gone. I don't have that many issues with zombies -- I only see one or two on a full moon and since my gardens are fenced in there's no problem as long as I remember to lock the gate to all but my household.
  • MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've had it for weeks and haven't had one alien abduction yet. I see aliens, like they show up at my front door then fly away in their space ships, but I haven't had an actual abduction.
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    hollynoel wrote:

IFs are easy to deal with -- as soon as your baby gets the doll, drag it out of inventory, type in testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box, then shift click on the doll and do Object->Delete It and poof it's gone. I don't have that many issues with zombies -- I only see one or two on a full moon and since my gardens are fenced in there's no problem as long as I remember to lock the gate to all but my household.
    Thanks for the IF tip!
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm just back from a long testing session.
    I was able to track down my problem to Pescado's aweomemod.
    It prevents aliens from having UFOs and therefore my Sims never got abducted.
    This space is for rent.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,488 Member
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:
    I've used "object delete" on so many IFs, you'd think the game would finally get the hint.

What is the "object delete" cheat? I am not having an alien problem, (in fact, I was delighted when my Sim was abducted not once, but twice within three days) and when I started a new game, aliens actually visited my lot, which I thought was really cool. All three times I didn't have to do anything. However, sadly, I'm not getting any such visitations. :cry:

As for the IF problem, I simply don't let them out of the inventory. Instead, I am having a serious active Simcloning-themselves-all-over-town problem.

Can I use this cheat while in normal live mode, so that when I run into a clone I can call up the cheat window, enter the cheat and simply delete the clone?

Thank you in advance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:
    I've used "object delete" on so many IFs, you'd think the game would finally get the hint.

What is the "object delete" cheat? I am not having an alien problem, (in fact, I was delighted when my Sim was abducted not once, but twice within three days) and when I started a new game, aliens actually visited my lot, which I thought was really cool. All three times I didn't have to do anything. However, sadly, I'm not getting any such visitations in my most recent game. :cry:

As for the IF problem, I simply don't let them out of the inventory. Instead, I am having a serious active Sim cloning-themselves-all-over-town problem.

Can I use this cheat while in normal live mode, so that when I run into a clone I can call up the cheat window, enter the cheat and simply delete the clone?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited December 2012
    All of my Sim babies get IFs.. Weird lol

But I totally forgot Seasons brought on Aliens, not SN. I'll have to get them on my lot soon.
    But yeah if it's been happening as much as you say there should def be a disallow option.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited December 2012
    I just thought I'd offer my 2 cents:
    I think it's funny that the complaints are either "stop the aliens!" or "I want aliens!"
    I'm in the latter camp. :lol:
  • xromanticxshadowxxromanticxshadowx Posts: 458 Member
    edited December 2012
    I did not even have any space rocks or telescopes on my lot, I was not even ON my lot, and an alien was trying to talk to my dog. I was like ***? Can they get ladies preganant? And can't you just lock your doors? that is what I do for zombies and everyone other then household. Couldn't they just go inside? Heck, if aliens showed up I would most likely hide out in a closet lol
  • anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've had seasons for about a month now, and I've only had two abductions. No alien babies either. One male sim was abducted and one female sim was abducted. The female sim that was abducted was already pregnant and I thought it would be cool if she had two babies. One from her husband and one alien baby. Like twins but not really. Oh well... I think I'll take everything fun out of their home and only add all the things that increase logic and see what happens.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    Maybe they could add an option to turn off abductions?

Yeah, you would THINK they would do that. We asked for that with Zombies and people have asked for that with Imaginary friends. But... nope. EA really seems not to give a darn about the wishes of their players on this score. I have no idea why.

They get around to it eventually if enough people complain. We finally got an option to turn off celebrities-4 EPs later. :roll:
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:

What is the "object delete" cheat? I am not having an alien problem, (in fact, I was delighted when my Sim was abducted not once, but twice within three days) and when I started a new game, aliens actually visited my lot, which I thought was really cool. All three times I didn't have to do anything. However, sadly, I'm not getting any such visitations in my most recent game. :cry:

As for the IF problem, I simply don't let them out of the inventory. Instead, I am having a serious active Sim cloning-themselves-all-over-town problem.

All you have to do (with testingcheatsenabled true on) is shift+click on the object or sim you want deleted and the option will pop up. Yes, it can be done in live mode. I don't recommend using it on an IF that's in the crib, I tried that once and it deleted the crib, baby and all!

I don't mind when an alien visits the lot, it's the abductions themselves I'm tired of.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I think it's like you either have aliens in your game or there abysmal. And when you do have them, they are insanely addicted to abducting your sim ALL the time. Fortunately for me I've had one abdication that I wanted, resulting in alien pregnancy. So far only 1 or 2 visit, and I'm on my 2nd generation, onto the 3rd. Sorry about those pesky aliens...
  • Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:
    It was cute about the first ten times, but it's really getting old now, I'm getting one at least once a sim week. I'm not even doing anything to attract them, I've taken all the telescopes and space rocks off the lots. In the next update please add aliens (and zombies and imaginary friends-also getting on my last nerves) to the disallow option.

You're lucky :P
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:

What is the "object delete" cheat? I am not having an alien problem, (in fact, I was delighted when my Sim was abducted not once, but twice within three days) and when I started a new game, aliens actually visited my lot, which I thought was really cool. All three times I didn't have to do anything. However, sadly, I'm not getting any such visitations. :cry:

As for the IF problem, I simply don't let them out of the inventory. Instead, I am having a serious active Simcloning-themselves-all-over-town problem.

Thank you in advance.

I posted the cheat up above, but I'm not sure it works on Sims. For Sims I want to get rid of I use Twallan's Master Controller mod; I click on the Sim, choose NRaas->Master Controller->Advanced->Total Annihilation and that gets rid of the Sim totally in the game. I used it mostly on paparazzi when they'd bug my celebrity Sim (before I turned off celebrity), since they were mostly NPCs anyway and had no connection to anyone in town.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2012
    I posted the cheat up above, but I'm not sure it works on Sims.
    Nope, when you do a simple delete on a Sim it will just remove the instance but not the Sim data itself.
    The next time you enter the world the Sim will be reinstantiated from it's model data.
    However you probably won't find him as part of the family but completely disconnected in the NPC pool.
    That's why Twallan implemented the "Total Annihilation" command.
    This not only destroys the instance but also the model data.
    For a better understanding imagine a database where all Sim data is stored.
    When you enter a world the game crafts Sims from that data (instantiation). What you see are just those instantiations but not the model behind.
    This space is for rent.
  • lucielouxxlucielouxx Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    Why don't EA do the logical thing?
    I think most people would like aliens to appear in their game, but not have them visiting every other night; I really don't understand EA!

I have had the problem where I have not seen a single alien in my game! I've not seen any around town and even when I've tried collecting space rocks and using the telescope, I still see nothing! It's so annoying, I want to see an alien from time to time and I've tried night after night and I have not seen on alien! I just think they are not included in my game whatsoever!!!
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:
    ldmarko wrote:

All you have to do (with testingcheatsenabled true on) is shift+click on the object or sim you want deleted and the option will pop up. Yes, it can be done in live mode. I don't recommend using it on an IF that's in the crib, I tried that once and it deleted the crib, baby and all!

I don't mind when an alien visits the lot, it's the abductions themselves I'm tired of.

Thank you!
  • JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I really find the whole concept atrocious. Growing up in a bad area as a child and later as a teen I was nearly abducted by an intruder (human of course) three times. There should definitely be the option to turn this feature off for those of us who have been real life crime victims and don't find the concept of abduction and forced impregnation amusing. :evil:
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I posted the cheat up above, but I'm not sure it works on Sims. For Sims I want to get rid of I use Twallan's Master Controller mod; I click on the Sim, choose NRaas->Master Controller->Advanced->Total Annihilation and that gets rid of the Sim totally in the game. I used it mostly on paparazzi when they'd bug my celebrity Sim (before I turned off celebrity), since they were mostly NPCs anyway and had no connection to anyone in town.

I had a look at Twallen's MC, but I already have his Overwatch, Error_Trap, and Relativity. It looks as though MC is a base mod, which means there are others one must have to use it. I did try the cheat delete objects on the clone of my singer Sim, who this time was the Proprietor of the Performance Park — and it worked. He was gone. However, my game crashed shortly thereafter. Oi! I hesitate to take up more computer space with additional mods for the one problem. I've posted my peculiar problem over on the Technical forum and will await an answer there. I just pray I don't have to start all over yet again. I've re-booted the game, so to speak, by changing the name of my Sims3 folder to force it to regenerate, then slowly adding stuff back into the game. Worked for a time, but now I have this problem. Oi!

Thank you, again, for all of your suggestions.
  • itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited December 2012
    Im glad its not just me I am sick to death of the aliens keep pinching my sims especially in my legacy files it is rather annoying and the alien babies are just messing things up for me.

I dont encourage them either but they get me all the time. I wish there was a way to turn the abductions off.
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge