Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know what to do??

The game asks me whether or not I want to place down the lots that come with the game for festivals and holidays, but it takes FOREVER to load and rotating the placement of the lot takes so long that it sometimes crashes :( Did this happen to anyone else? what to do?

Comments

• Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    That used to happen to me, too. I can see by your avatar that you use custom-content from third-party sources, but do you also use proper mods? Things like increasing or decreasing certain spawns, third-party Premium Content, et cetera? That was what was causing the problem for me.
  • Options
    Hazel112Hazel112 Posts: 91 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh I don't think I have, do you know what mods you used to help you fix the problem? And where would I download them from?
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2012
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ Twallan's mods were a game saver for me. Stopped all the stuttering and random crashing.

Gosh I hope he returns from his break well rested and all happy to poke into EA code again... :P
  • Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    That used to happen to me with placing and rotating lots. My game started freezing up too. Eventually I removed all CC and it was fixed, but I doubt you would want to do that. Sorry I can't find another fix, but here's a bump for you!
  • Options
    Mercury1321Mercury1321 Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    That happens to me all the time!! The only custom content I have is from the exchange.
  • Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Another cause could be having too much CC, too much saved content, or having a processor lower than the minimum.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ Twallan's mods were a game saver for me. Stopped all the stuttering and random crashing.

Gosh I hope he returns from his break well rested and all happy to poke into EA code again... :P

Oh I really hope these work for me as they did for you! :) Which mods did you use? And I was just wondering how exactly do mods help, because I actually have never used them before haha. And thanks for the advice!

And thanks for the bump everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    hollynoel wrote:
    Another cause could be having too much CC, too much saved content, or having a processor lower than the minimum.

I have also been experiencing error code 12 and tried putting the files in a different folder on my desktop but it keeps having the .bad files which I think is the cause for me not being able to save? Which sometimes poses as a problem :?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hazel112 wrote:

Oh I really hope these work for me as they did for you! :) Which mods did you use? And I was just wondering how exactly do mods help, because I actually have never used them before haha. And thanks for the advice!

I use a lot of them, but the ones that would probably help you the most are:

Overwatch -- takes care of a lot of the stuff that builds up and causes lag, like spawning cars or TVs/stereos left on in inactive households. Also checks for stuck and missing Sims and restores them, and stuck aging when inactives are supposed to age up.

Error Trap -- catches a lot of script errors that can cause crashing and isolates them into a file; you can follow the instructions to upload the file for him or his crew (he's got a couple of folks helping him now) to look at and see if something needs to be corrected in their mods. I don't do much uploading, just delete them when I see them.

Saver -- prompts to save with a new filename (usually the old filename with a number) every half hour of play or so...that way if you do have an Error Code 12 or other non-recoverable error you only lose about a half hour of game play. It cycles between four saves (1, 2, 3, 4) so you can delete all the older saves next time you play, unless you want to go back to a certain spot to correct something that went wrong in game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hazel112 wrote:

I use a lot of them, but the ones that would probably help you the most are:

Overwatch -- takes care of a lot of the stuff that builds up and causes lag, like spawning cars or TVs/stereos left on in inactive households. Also checks for stuck and missing Sims and restores them, and stuck aging when inactives are supposed to age up.

Error Trap -- catches a lot of script errors that can cause crashing and isolates them into a file; you can follow the instructions to upload the file for him or his crew (he's got a couple of folks helping him now) to look at and see if something needs to be corrected in their mods. I don't do much uploading, just delete them when I see them.

Saver -- prompts to save with a new filename (usually the old filename with a number) every half hour of play or so...that way if you do have an Error Code 12 or other non-recoverable error you only lose about a half hour of game play. It cycles between four saves (1, 2, 3, 4) so you can delete all the older saves next time you play, unless you want to go back to a certain spot to correct something that went wrong in game.

Very helpful! Thanks a lot :D