Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    MiqueyMiquey Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Count me in.
  • Options
    FluffymonkeymFluffymonkeym Posts: 320 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. All those items should have been in the game to begin with. They made us spend 50--70 dollars on a game that has barely any items, and then try to pump more money out of us on the release day! That is tacky and cheap.
  • Options
    fungrly10fungrly10 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AGREED.
  • Options
    DeathSoldier11DeathSoldier11 Posts: 158 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed - $1 for a hairstyle, come on! I could rent a movie from redbox for $1!!
  • Options
    Gubbs4752Gubbs4752 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed. I havent even spent my 1000 points at the store. I am going to conserve until the CC starts coming out. It makes me so angry that EA has to charge a dollar for lady's hair styles. Half the hair styles in the game are terrible anyways and ill never use them unless im trying to make the most ugly person in the game. So EA either lower the prices or im not buying point cards EVER.
  • Options
    NeoXi360NeoXi360 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree. $20 for a set is crazy! EA basically took out like 90% of the game and is selling the rest of it online!

I sign. I am not paying that much for items that should already been included.
  • Options
    KazimiraKazimira Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /Sighned.

The stock content is rather basic and old fashiond and so is the sold content on your site.

We cant make custom content and I dont go back to the exchange anymore because I can make it all with just a little time. There is no point in me wasteing space on something I can make myself with little creative thought.

We are willing to get the content but you need to put it into a price range where we can afford it. Thats it EA listen we need it so we can afford it.

If you wanted to regulate custom content why not give us the tools to make it but ether have a paid service which wont cost much at all or a free service that compiles stuff so it can be used in game and shared. Then you can sell custon content from your site and take a portion of the profets of people that actualy make something new and intesting rather than a random content genorater which gives us potluck at what we can get.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *Shrug* Sure, I'll sign.
  • Options
    falkirkboifalkirkboi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    signed
  • Options
    GabsauGabsau Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

The store is just way too pricey. I don't mind paying for extra content but not at these prices.

One set (2000 points - about 30-40 objects) costs $34 AUD (Australian). I paid $99.95 for the game. One set therefore costs more than 1/3rd of the base game - and that's just ONE SET. I could buy a stuff pack for $30-40 and get double if not triple the content.

If EA wants to gain my patronage on the store then they will need to balance their costs and make it more affordable. At the moment the cost greatly outweighs the gain.

• Options
    cabbageninjacabbageninja Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

A DOLLAR for some crappy hairstyles that could've AND should've been already included in the original game.

Ridiculous.

EA is just ruining their already tarnished reputation as a greedy company.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited June 2009
    :mrgreen: I sign this too, It would be great for us to see cheaper stuff, Then I would go out and but the sims cash cards also have you noticed a few freebies in the store now lol. Or put more points like up to 2000 on those cards for 10.00! I would go get them the sims cards! But as they are now unless I see 4.00 sales on those cards I will buy them alot! :shock: :?: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    misticdragon68misticdragon68 Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

I went to Best Buy to get a sims 'cash card' b/c they were having a special half off sale, but it turns out some meanie went in and bought the entire stock!!! I was so sad. I bet that person is selling them on ebay or something :evil:

There is no way I can afford the regular prices :(

• Options
    saedasaeda Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kaps wrote:

People will be able to make skins and furniture etc. "but" EA will limit the tools available, and they will revoke the right for developers to accept donations, and run ads making it almost impossible for the average person to pay for the bandwidth to deliver their content to the millions of sims players. And yes, legally they can do that.

Wrong. There are always going to be free blogs and free file uploading sites. If you want to make custom content and get it to people you will find a way.
  • Options
    AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    IanC wrote:
    I think this sums it up the best...

Personally I find it appalling that EA is trying to get 20.00 for one set. Absolutely appalling and my children for one will not be eating top ramen so their father can have a new bedroom set to put in his virtual dollhouse game. -Jalida

The fact that you had to put that up on behalf of your husband speaks millions about your family dynamics. It is your choice to make and distribute money for your family. EA is not forcing you to buy anything. If spending $20 on games puts you in a position to not be able to feed your children, that's sad that you bought a $60 game.
    How about I start a petition to end irresponsible money spending that causes kids to eat top ramen....
  • Options
    charliesgreat16charliesgreat16 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha. Twenty dollars is the price of an expansion pack. They must be bull crapping.
  • Options
    MartinKSmithMartinKSmith Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

I've been using up the free points, but there's no way I'd pay those prices for the content I've been getting/seen in the store.

As others have said, a lot of the content (though I'm not saying all of it) should have been included in the game at launch.
  • Options
    BuffyAnneBuffyAnne Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just think that EA ore whatever should make a statement, a lot of people are upset and i think they should do something about it, at least make a statement, a lot of the people are her on the site, so i dobt they don't know about what a lot of us think, and it's just kinda rude.
    Even if they don't lower the prizes ore will give us free content that we think should have been inn the game, they should at least make a statmen ore just say something about it, becuse this just make them look really bad...
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    Papillon14Papillon14 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

Its absolutely ludicrous that they could expect us to pay $99.95AU for the game and then pay more for the sims store stuff...

Also 1000 is supposed to cost $10US in local currency equivalent, here in Australia 1000 points = $17AU, but $12AU buys $10US so its more expensive for those outside the US to buy stuff...
  • Options
    nekochanpurrnekochanpurr Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2009
    Its freaking crazy the stuff in the store wasn't in the base game. Its crazier they want $1 + for said stuff that should have been the game in the first place.

I'm never using the store.

Signing.
  • Options
    Kolin32kKolin32k Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

60p for an object? I mean some items I would, but they would have to be downright excellent new additions like electric guitars, new cars, etc
  • Options
    agressivaagressiva Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

way too pricey; i understand they want money but overpricing is only going to get them less money. how ironic.
  • Options
    MeowsterMeowster Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    estoyerestoyer Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey EA, just checking in to let you know I bought a nice pair of designer pumps today for the same price as a couple of sets from your store.