Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• BibishBibish Posts: 109 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi! I also have a question: My game keeps crashing a lot since a while. Can someone help me? It keeps crashing when I for example want to change anything on the house or when I tell the sim to do something. Before the last Seasons patch I had no crashes and everything was fine while I played. So I would appreciate any help!
  • AizzuraAizzura Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Why is there no tutorial on the mystic career track? And what are the planters for if you can't actually "plant" anything in them?
  • ElarnaxxElarnaxx Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Okay so I have a problem..I am just moving my family in and have selected a perfect house and then it does that little loading sign thing (you know what I mean) then it pops up that Sims 3 has stopped working and windows i looking for a solution and then it says they don't know and I can't play on my game. Any ideas on a solution in basics because i'm not the brainiest person out there :P
  • Duvessa14Duvessa14 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Hi, i am currently having an issue with the hospital in the new Supernatural Neighbourhood.

My sim is pregnant and when her water broke, i instructed her to "have baby at hospital".

She enters the hospital but then reappears outside the hospital in the shrubs behind it... then comes back around to the entrance and continues this is in a constant cycle and i cannot make her stop.

I have tried everything to try and get her unglitched and it just isnt working. I am worried that even if i restart from a previously saved position this will just happen again.

Any ideas on what is happening here? And has anyone else reported this?
  • Duvessa14Duvessa14 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

So im having pregnancy issues with the sims supernatural. My fairy is pregnant, and when she was told to "have baby at hospital" she got stuck going into the hospital and then randomly appearing behind the hospital in the bush. She then proceeds back in to the hospital and then comes out the back again, this continually occurs and you cannot fix this. I had to re load and lost 4 hours of game play.

This time i decided i would save earlier and make her have the baby at home.... i thought i had beaten the bug by doing this, however i was wrong. My sim went through the motions to have a baby at home but at the last second stopped and the icon of the baby pacifier continually flashes on the screen and she is stuck... again.

This is a really bad bug and i want to know, has this happened to other people and HOW can i fix this.
  • SardaTFKSardaTFK Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    All my plants now progress to the harvest stage but never bear any fruit, if I save and reload all the plants revert to mature, and the cycle continues. I can't believe that this bug still exists after months now.
  • conz888conz888 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited December 2012
    For some reason, trees in Sunset Valley randomly spawn when I start a new game. These are normal trees in Build mode, not plantable ones. And they only appear either on Empty Home lots or Empty Community lots. I think it's similar to Moonlight Falls where there are random trees on empty community lots. It's kinda annoying having to edit all the lots and takng the trees out.
  • daniellecooperc8daniellecooperc8 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Does enyone know how to get a genie on create a sim x
  • PiratePrincessZPiratePrincessZ Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hai, my fairies' wings do not appear in the game or CAS. My wizards magic (ya know the magic that comes out of the wand) does not appear. help me! i don't know what to do! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • CaddylingCaddyling Posts: 243 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Same here :/ No Mods, CC, complete new install on a brand new computer. Very frustrating bug.

Edit:
    After an extensive search and trial+error, I believe I know the cause of this bug - my issue is with Seasons compatibility and I am not sure if this bug occurs without Seasons.

1) During spring and fall seasons, there is a chance for frost
    2) Plants will go into dormant mode, but WILL NOT come out of it until the next season (manually changing the seasons through cheat or options will not help, it must be a natural change through the night)
    3) Only trees correctly show that they are still in dormant stage. All other plants will not.
    4) These plants will progress through the stages, be weeded, watered, bloomed, but once it hits harvest while technically dormant, it will stay at harvest without any yield.

Therefore, this is actually two bugs in one:
    a) Either the plants are not correctly showing dormant stage (as the trees are) or the dormant stage is not being removed from the plants even though they can be tended (and the trees should have dormant stage removed); AND
    b)Plants that reach harvest stage while dormant will stay in harvest stage without yield.

What ultimately did work was I switched to 28 days of summer and 3 days of fall (to transition out of fall naturally). Then I installed Nraas DeBugEnabler mod to progress the plant into mature, then harvest. Note that progressing the plant while still in spring/fall/winter will also yield nothing after the first frost.

Seems like anyone who is an avid gardener will be stuck in summer for now or use cheats to plant indoor.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • FogwglFogwgl Posts: 21
    edited January 2013

Have to have Showtime as well as Supernatural
  • HaleySkyeHaleySkye Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    So a a totally different Sim appears as my Sim's icon whenever I enter CAS, Change Appearance, or Plan Outfit. Whether it be a male or female Sim the icon is always an older man with brown hair and a comb-over.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's really starting to irritate me. I've tried resetsim * and I've tried moving them to a different town. Nothing is working. Any help would we greatly appreciated.

It seems to be just my vampires that do it.
  • TheMaidenTheMaiden Posts: 31 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have no idea if this is an issue with supernatural or with seasons, or both, since I never had it happen before seasons. My witch sim has quite suddenly and randomly stopped being identified as a witch by the game. She still has her magic meter, and her wand, her default vehicle is still a broom, and she still gets the animal familiar moodlet from being around her cat, yet she can't do any witch stuff anymore, like summoning apples or casting spells. I have no mods, and do not know what is causing this. I have gone into CAS with her, but CAS still thinks she's a witch even though the game doesn't.
    edited January 2013
    Aizzura wrote:
    Why is there no tutorial on the mystic career track? And what are the planters for if you can't actually "plant" anything in them?

I cannot answer your first question, but I can probably help with the second. The planters are planted in just like any space on the ground, select 'plant' with the seed or item you want to plant, then drag the little mound of dirt into the planter. Note that tree seeds cannot be planted in planters indoors. If that isn't working, either you aren't using the right planters (the 'small planters' in the decor tab are the ones that function) or your game is glitched.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2013
    Twice now with the same sim, his moondial has become non-interactive (e.g. one cannot check phase of moon nor lunar horoscope) and, while it still can be selected for styling, it has a sellback value of $0. This has not happened with any other sims, just my witch. I am running Sims 3 with Supernatural EP, fully updated, and that's all.
  • xInkxBlotxInkxBlot Posts: 64
    edited January 2013
    This may have been posted about, unfortunately after wasting so much time trying to get my game to load I don't have time to go hunting through threads.

I can't get Moonlight Falls to load. As far as I know it's not all towns, just Moonlight Falls. I did get an error when loading in Supernatural and Seasons that said something about a file not being right and the file was Moonlight something. It came up when I tried to update too, but then when I tried updating again later it didn't pop up again, it just gives me an error at the last minute.

I do use mods, no major ones though and I've tried running with no CC. I've left it up to load for more than an hour now. It gets to the very very end and then just sits there. The little loading cursor still spins and the different tips still come up, it just doesn't load any further.
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have the Bonehilda disappearing bug all the time. It seems to happen more if I have a larger house, but sometimes I'll pan around and she'll just have vanished. I never see her actually vanish though. It happens almost every time I get a Bonehilda and only a few in game hours after I've bought her living quarters.

Also once I've awakened her for the first time even if she goes back into the Living Quarters it seems like the only interaction ever available is Dismiss.

It appears as an available creatable supernatural form only if you have Showtime installed.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • IldrinIldrin Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I won't be surprised if this is a duplicate, but a search didn't turn up what I was looking for.

Werewolf faces when transformed. Make one in CAS, and then in gameplay it randomizes itself, possibly linked to when the sims appearance is modified.
    Anyway to either modify my wolves faces, or to stop them randomizing/resetting?
  • americanaussieamericanaussie Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    Zombie at 3:10pm on a new moon. http://secondstar2.blogspot.com.au/
  • americanaussieamericanaussie Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    I just want to add that I didn't have random zombie spawning until AFTER downloading 1.39 patch. The game was running fine for me before the latest patch.
  • JoJo_NettJoJo_Nett Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2013
    Almost 6 months have passed, patches were released and I still have the "Werewolf loose their sparkly eyes on restarting the game" problem. :(
  • DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods.no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took out Overwatch permanently
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? no
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.47
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? pre-existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? pre-mande
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? custom
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD version

So, I installed 1.47, and sent my Sims to China. Now, the ability for my witch to cast spells is gone. I have worked very hard to get his magic level up, and now it is all gone. I have a back up copy made, but I would hate to lose the VISA levels that we have obtained. I tried to use Resetsim, but that failed. I even tried moving them in & out to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get my occult status back?

Edit: I have tried using elixirs, and still no luck. I have also used testingcheatsenabled true to no avail. I have also tried logging out of the game and back in with zero luck.

PS. I have tried altering the population control with no luck. This only affects my witch. My fairy is fine.

Update: I tried removing all mods, and still no success. The Mods do NOT alter this.
    latest Update: Nraas mods have no effect either. Also it has not spread to any of the other save files I have.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2013
    TheMaiden wrote:
    I have no idea if this is an issue with supernatural or with seasons, or both, since I never had it happen before seasons. My witch sim has quite suddenly and randomly stopped being identified as a witch by the game. She still has her magic meter, and her wand, her default vehicle is still a broom, and she still gets the animal familiar moodlet from being around her cat, yet she can't do any witch stuff anymore, like summoning apples or casting spells. I have no mods, and do not know what is causing this. I have gone into CAS with her, but CAS still thinks she's a witch even though the game doesn't.

It just occured to me that if being a supernatural is still handled in the same way vampires were when Night Life came out (meaning that it was a hidden trait which could be affected by things that affect, change, or modify a sim's traits), then the root of my problem could be that my sim drank a 'Crazy Drink' and didn't have her witchdom restored properly when the drink wore off. Guess I'll try to get my hands on a potion to see if that works.
  • ritsukiyoritsukiyo Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I was playing on my witch. She was interested in a guy but not yet in a relationship, so i had her cast a love spell on him. It upped his affection. After he left i noticed his affection for her kept lowering and lowering. When i leave him alone it gets worse and worse, to the point its taking constant interacting with him just to keep it above the red zone. It lowers even when they're using friendly interactions!
    I tried a friendship potion on him, which maxed out his affection for her, but its still lowering.
  • kohlchexxkohlchexx Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I bought a world and I can't find when I go to start a new world and choose a world
    :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top