Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    I don't give a crap about any more installments after TS3, honestly. Unless someone else bought it for me with a new PC to go along with it then I don't want it. I know EA's just going to do the same old highway robbery antics they've been doing, still piecemealing everything, still rushing to meet their dealines and leaving the games half done one after the freaking other, still cramming the halfway functional Store down our throats, still cramming Online nonsense down our throats, still glitching the game to heck and back, still borking game functionality needlessly with these poorly tested patches, and still making us pay MORE for LESS.

Same crap different day.

I don't feel like typing more :XD:
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited December 2012
    Without knowing anything about it, I can't say one way or another.
    I truly enjoy playing TS3 and would love to continue playing into the next installment, but I've been burned by the last games in two franchises I previously loved in a row now (by Bioware, an EA owned company no less...Dragon Age and Mass Effect) so I'm not getting my hopes up until I see it and what it's like.
    34336_s.gif
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nope. I do not care for TS4 at all.

After spending so much money on TS3, I do not intend to switch to a new game.

I will stay with TS3. :)
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I could say no, but I would be lying :wink:

I know I will buy The Sims 4. I will still hope for a few old things and get overly excited about the new.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2012
    Honestly? Probably not. Sims 3 is a huge money sink, and I'm getting hints that Sims 4 will be even worse.

So, really, this one is expensive enough. The next? No... I'll find other games.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited December 2012
    Honestly i'll be waiting till the review video's are out on it. Watching the walk throughs to decide. I don't want to rush out and buy like i did for sims 3. For a long time it wasn't the content that was going into sims that affected my shift in the way i buy but how it was going into sims.

My play style is a bit different since i like to do some of everything but im a hands on player so i didn't enjoy rabbit holes and features i wanted to enjoy were always rabbit holes which made me even more upset. Lately there is a lot more content and less rabbit hole stuff being put out. For that I'm very happy.

I'm a sims fan have been since the first sims city, and fell in love even more when the sims one came out. So i will be watching sims 4 to see if has kept the value to it. My virtual doll house, a toy that i've enjoyed since my childhood. I sincerely hope that the dev's consider me and players like me when developing sims 4. As nostalgic as we are, perhaps too nostalgic, all we want is the best for Sims since for many of us it's our most favorite game.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes, Probably. But if they go all online like a MMO. No thanks... Sims should be an offline experience not something you play with other!! So if that happens then no!!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited December 2012
    SimsTias wrote:
    Yes, Probably. But if they go all online like a MMO. No thanks... Sims should be an offline experience not something you play with other!! So if that happens then no!!

Oh yes, I forgot about that. I think I tried to block that out. In addition to what I said earlier, if Sims 4 is an online community multiplayer deal, count me out completely.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    This is an old thread, brought back to life, I guess. But anyway, it depends on how much it relies on the internet. If it's primarily an online game, then no, I won't be getting it. If it is a single player, then probably - yes.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Personally I hated how expensive Sims 3 was, I should have waited till it was done before I got into it like I did with Sims, and Sims 2.

At first I didn't like how realistic sims 3 looked. But after a while it did grow on me. AS Sims progresses the more realistic it's going to look. And Unless I see the actually looks of Sims 4, and see some gameplay I think I may have to sit this one out. Or actually wait till the last game of Sims 4 is released. If it's too realistic, I won't be touching it, I'll just go out, go on with College, start my job and live a life instead of playing with one.
  • hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't know. I think I will wait a couple of days after it's released to see it's reviews. But being a simmer I will probably buy it anyways :D
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2012
    Not if it's anything like Sim City. I know you can play single-player but you get more benefits out of playing online. I'm thinking that I wouldn't like to be forced to rely on having an internet connection.

Besides, I'm happy with TS3.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited December 2012
    idk. too early to even think about it. no info? no opinion.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2012
    They're going to REALLY need to make an improvement if I'm going to buy it. I want an entirely new game engine and experience. The best I can think of is letting us play the role of the Sim. A first person view/third person of the world from our Sim's perspective. Completely change how the game works but still remain to the core of the game. Sounds confusing and impossible but it can be possible if they're creative enough.

Weather in base game, a farming system, crafting, a TON of interactions, lively town, more Sims in the town, new animation, pets, updated AI if they don't let us control the Sims with WSAD as I imagine, attractions, *NO RABBITHOLES AT ALL*, restaurants, body shop, no holes left in the game to charge us for a halfbaked EP to fill in, customization, *NO SIMS STORE TO SCAM US EVEN MORE*... I can make a much bigger list but these come to my mind first.

Need a multiplayer feature in every dang game? Let us host our own Sims server (make it very similar to Minecraft) where 2 or more players can use WSAD to explore with their Sim and control their world together.

TS3, even with Seasons, is a disappointment as I've probably said on the forums 1000 times. If they can't bring out a much better game to my likings, I'm simply not buying.

• pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Need a multiplayer feature in every dang game? Let us host our own Sims server (make it very similar to Minecraft) where 2 or more players can use WSAD to explore with their Sim and control their world together.

This is what would make me buy it otherwise I agree with Tanya that i have sunk way too much money into the sims 3 to start all over. I have been so bad at the store lately, they got me with the premium content!
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'll probably still play TS3 occasionally until a few expansion packs come out for TS4, unless TS4 has no lag or has something absolutely stunning, then I'll just play TS4.
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2012
    Impossible to say, knowing nothing about it. All I can say is that after so many years I think I've gotten all the entertainment there is to get out of TS2, and it took about an hour to get the same effect from TS3. Time to take another crack at it.

Who knows? They have to start learning from their mistakes eventually. Whether that's before or after they go out of business is anyone's guess.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't think that I will, since i've spent so much money on the sims 1, 2, and 3 over the years. I think that the sims 3 is where it ends for me.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have been a Sims fan from its very beginning however this will be the last series for me. I will stick with Sims3. I have invested far too much money to consider starting over again.

I expect the Sims4 base game will be even more "basic" than Sims3 was, with most stuff being added by purchasable micro content.

I cancelled my pre-order of Simcity4 once they revealed the online element and I expect Sims4 will go the same way so even more reason for me not to buy.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • bowbutterflybowbutterfly Posts: 33
    edited December 2012
    Of course I am buying The Sims 4!! The sims is the best game ever and I will not stop!! Keep it coming, EA!! :lol: