Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot freeze to death

One of the badges aim is to get a sim to freeze to death and I'm convinced this is not possible. It has to be one of the most frustrating achievements.

I have turned off free will.
I have set winter at maximum days (28)
There is no house on the property. Just open land.
I keep sending her out into the snow in her swimwear and she keeps changing back into outerwear. I cannot keep her out in her swimwear. Maybe she builds one snowman and then automatically changes back into outerwear.
There is no shelter, toilet, bath, kitchen, anything!

She gets the blue teeth moodlet but cannot keep it as she cannot stay in her swimwear.

I get to the end of winter and there are tons of snowmen on this open property and she shown no sign of dying. I have also set her traits to things like "likes warmth" and unlucky!!
Please tell me if this is a bug because if it is, I am wasting my time trying to get this badge.

Comments

• stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Not sure why you can't get her to freeze to death, or are having so much trouble with it. Try putting a bed on the property and have her sleep outside all night.

My sim accidentally froze to death because one of my homes was not weather proof. I made home with a bedroom loft (which apparently the game does not see as an inside room because of how its constructed) and I had him inside to test the house. I had some stuff to do so put him to bed for the night in the nice warm bed (I thought) in the loft never suspecting it was exposed to the outdoors. He was just wearing is underwear.

In the morning when he woke up he had the freezing moodlet and before I could get him to change clothes or all the way down the stairs where he would be inside he died frozen solid.

So yes, your sim can freeze to death. Pretty easily in my case.

Since that time I have had a sim, dressed in her outerwear for winter freeze to death at a festival because I did not note her 'cold' moodlet and get her something hot to drink or send her home or inside the bathrooms - she just kept snowboarding.

I have not heard of any bug that keeps a sim from freezing to death - although I couple of players that would not mind a bug like that.

Are you using any mods or Cc in your game? Any traits or lifetime rewards that would make it hard for her to freeze?
  • beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hmm, these are interesting tips, Stormwench. I'm also trying to freeze my sim to death, because I'm a cruel SimGod.
  • kashelle03kashelle03 Posts: 66 Member
    edited December 2012
    I also had trouble getting sims to freeze to death. I turned off free will, put two sims outside in swimwear, fenced them in, and the first sim ended up starving to death after days outside in the snow. The second sim I gave up on and used the cheat to lower her hunger, which somehow triggered her to freeze to death. I have no idea why that worked, but it did.