Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Can't get rid of zombies!

OK, I was as excited as the next person to have zombies in the game. However, my zombies have gotten out of control! They eat everything in my garden, they respawn on my lot every 5 seconds, they appear during all moon phases, night or day, and I am sick to death of them! Here are the things I've tried so far that haven't worked:

1. testingcheatsenabled true - population control (zombies leave the lot, but then respawn seconds later)

2. peashooter (doesn't shoot automatically, so I have to constantly be checking my lot when my sims aren't home so I can set the peashooter to "attack zombie")

3. locking the gate around my garden (honey badger zombies don't care, they walk right in...ewww, gross, they're rotting)

4. Fairy dust/curative elixirs (different zombies just keep showing up!)

I'm seriously at my wits' end and this is ruining my game experience. Gardening used to be one of the more fun aspects of the game for me, but everything keeps getting destroyed. I really wish EA would make a patch to allow us to turn off zombies once-and-for-all as we already can with the other supernaturals.

Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found any solutions?

Thanks!

Comments

• ChemanskyChemansky Posts: 46
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm... Maybe you could build a wall around the garden and put a door on the wall and just keep it locked. *facepalm* Stupid idea...
  • MrsGrapeMeadMrsGrapeMead Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    I know I could put the plants inside, but I really liked having the gardens outside. I don't feel like I should have to "cheat" the zombies instead of just getting rid of them.

Also, I should mention that I don't have any mods or anything that could be messing w/ the game.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited September 2012
    What town are your Sims living in ?.

I have my Sims living in SV and the zombies are not a problem.The garden is fenced with a locked gate and they have plants inside also with locked doors.
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't think the town is the problem. I'm living in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I am barely getting any on a full moon. It's getting to the point where I think I might need to start my own zombie apocalypse. If only my witch would level up faster...
  • andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited September 2012
    There's a couple of other threads you should read they have the answers and ones that work. I dont feel like repeating myself otherwise I'd be of more help :? Just look for threads that say zombie there's prolly 100 by now
  • cooldivacooldiva Posts: 319 Member
    edited September 2012
    theres a mod some 1 made to get rid of them works wonders
  • ChemanskyChemansky Posts: 46
    edited September 2012
    I don't think the town is the problem. I'm living in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I am barely getting any on a full moon. It's getting to the point where I think I might need to start my own zombie apocalypse. If only my witch would level up faster...
    Really? I get like thousands every night. Titania Summerdream, Oberon Summerdream, Oakley Bean, the Younans, the Snypes or Snapes or something, Victor Bean, Linda Rogers, Crissy Rain, Belinda Crumplebottom... There's a lot.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2012
    I know I could put the plants inside, but I really liked having the gardens outside. I don't feel like I should have to "cheat" the zombies instead of just getting rid of them.

Also, I should mention that I don't have any mods or anything that could be messing w/ the game.

can't you make like a greenhouse i think some of pets if you have might work to make one , or EA should have put one in so we can have plant away from the zombie's
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2012
    So I am not the only one not wanting Zombies to take over. As much as I would love to have the game because of the witches/warlocks and fairies, I haven't bought it simply because I do not want zombies in every single game I have. I want them when I want them. I am going to look through the threads to see if there really is a solution to get rid of them before I buy the game.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • sweetpink123sweetpink123 Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2012
    OMG this is happening to me too!! I don't know what to do!!
    plumbobmorgan.tumblr.com
    iY4HSu3.gif
  • MiismellMiismell Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Maybe do a room in you house that has windows all around no foundation
    and no roof so it'd still outside but attached
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    You will turn off zombies if you turn off ''Full Moon'' phase in the game menu.

Full Moon creates zombies in TS3. :wink:
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012

Showtime seems to be a great/ fun combo with Supernatural, Use it to make a Genie and 'Banish' them...
    (Though I have no idea what it does aside from removing them from the property...
    Never used it before... Since I have no idea entirely what it does. Saving using it for a sim I don't like particularly.)

Or just use the Fence option in the Build Mode, As long as you lock it & surround your garden with it-- naturally =P, it will/ does work.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:

I wish someone in EA working these forums would PIN this bit of information... It comes up left and right, things about

"How do I turn off zombies?"
    "I wish we could turn off zombies"
    "Zombies are eating my garden"

and it's players who are left to repeat this information, it NEEDS to be pinned for EVERYONE who comes on here to READ!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I wish someone in EA working these forums would PIN this bit of information... It comes up left and right, things about

"How do I turn off zombies?"
    "I wish we could turn off zombies"
    "Zombies are eating my garden"

and it's players who are left to repeat this information, it NEEDS to be pinned for EVERYONE who comes on here to READ!

Yes I agree. :D

I repeated this a zillion times on the forum about zombies and the full moon :D
  • BoojumBoojum Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Put a fence with a gate around the garden. Click the gate and select "lock for everyone but household". Zombies can no longer gobble the broccoli.
  • pinkdiamond16pinkdiamond16 Posts: 38
    edited December 2012
    What I do when Zombies start popping up is:
    ctrl+shift+c
    testingcheatsenabled on
    shift click your mail box
    choose the option: control supernatural population...(or something like that)
    Remove supernatural...
    ZOMBIES!!

Then all current Zombies turn human and run away(to where I don't now)

In my game after I did this every full moon they just stopped popping up, but I'm not sure if it will be the same for you.

Hope this helps! :D
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2012
    Twallan's Master Controller runs out the homeless population and the homeless population is what comprises most of the zombies. I rarely see a zombie anymore. I might get 1 zombie on full moon, but I just either delete them or reset them.
  • MusicalPoetMusicalPoet Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2012
    i'm still testing out ways to keep the zombies from my garden (other than simply moving the garden inside). i actually find the zombies amusing when they're not destroying my plants (then they're just annoying! lol) so i'm not trying to get rid of them. i put a fence around my garden and did not add a gate. instead i put a door that will let the sim into the garden as my garden is against the side of my house. i'm still waiting for the next full moon to see if it will work or not. if not, i'm going to build a "greenhouse" type building and just lock the door lol. good luck with your game!
  • MillondollerSimZMillondollerSimZ Posts: 615 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The zombies always pop up around my sims house. I haven't seen one vampire yet.
  • BlazeBluesBlazeBlues Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    I just use the resetSim cheat. I have no idea where they go and so far I haven't had them respawn immediately back on my lot.
  • GirlthesimsGirlthesims Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    I can't even let my sims leave the house or go outside without me having to delete like a hundred if somebody could give me the name of the mod or a link.:wink:
  • xxfefesnydexxxxfefesnydexx Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    You can just go to options and its the last tab. Uncheck zombies and there you go(:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have found that the moodlet manager (LTR) will cure them permanently. They'll even thank you for it. :mrgreen:

I had a CAS sim bf with another CAS sim and was about to move them in together when she came up a zombie. :shock: He "cured" her and now she's normal.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • seemgseemg Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    What I do is cover the entire lot in a flooring, then custom color it with that grass texture in the miscellaneous section. After that, I shift-click on the mailbox, and get rid of the zombies with the supernatural population control. The flooring keeps them from coming back :lol:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top