Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dreidel Game/Lottery: Judging in process, Sorry for delays!

Comments

• envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited December 2012
    brendhan21 wrote:
    i am not even going to bother entering since its automatic that out of everyone else i am the person who will not win. everyone else has a chance me its already been deicded i wont win.

DO NOT come here and post your negative muck! Zasa is a sweet-heart -- she deserves far better than having someone trample her wonderful, generous game. Be silenced and go elsewhere!

How incredibly rude and inappropriate. It makes me feel sad and disappointed when you cast shade and doubt upon my beloved friends. I won't hear it!
  • xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited December 2012
    brendhan21 wrote:
    i am not even going to bother entering since its automatic that out of everyone else i am the person who will not win. everyone else has a chance me its already been deicded i wont win.
    You're being rude by popping in here & there bringing down everyone by spewing "how u arent going to win"?How do u know u aint gonna win if u dont give
    these wonderful contests a fair chance.Hey the old saying goes "U win some,
    U lose some" cause u cant always win cause u want to or think u should,thats not
    how it works here.U live U learn so now get over it.Everyone please proceed
    on & good luck...
  • BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited December 2012
    brendhan21 wrote:
    Actually, because there are so many kind and generous souls willing to sponsor this lottery, there is a very good chance you will win, especially because it will be going on for 8 days.

I suggest you change your mind and enter, it will be lots of fun! If you don't want to, at least edit your post. Please.
  • MacFustyMacFusty Posts: 323 New Member
    edited December 2012
    brendhan21 wrote:

I'm not really sure what's going on with you. I can't tell if you're trolling, a child, or simply going through some sort of personal issue. In previous posts, like this one: http://159.153.106.21/jforum/posts/list/374386.page;jsessionid=AA493F5083C72A6BA77791BBAFBED63D.015062#5301438 you seem quite fine. Interested in discussing an upcoming expansion with your fellow simmers. No negativity, no "woe is me" attitude. Just friendly conversation with the rest of the community.

If you are trolling, I would give you a bit of advice. While it is not accepted virtually anywhere, in the GG community, where people work very hard to help each other, where people graciously and generously give not just gifts, but their time and energy, trolling is just plain asinine. The people here ARE close knit and we are caring, and while we are open to all who have something to offer the community (and no, I don't mean simply gifts, but participation in contests, lotteries and generally being friendly and helping others), fools are not suffered kindly.

If you are perhaps going through some personal issue that is prompting you to act out, I would talk to someone close to you. An internet forum not specifically designated for the aid of personal stress or depression is NOT the place to air your issues, especially not one that is family friendly and devoted to a game.

Either way, you have been generously and graciously given some very friendly advice by the very best of this community who have genuinely attempted to help. However, patience only goes so far. Attempting to garner attention in your own thread is one thing, but you're more than pushing it when you attempt to do the same in someone else's thread - which was meant in the spirit of peace and community, not negativity and whining.

I suggest you stop trolling, seek help, or do whatever you need to do that will bring you some peace.

Now, let's move on. Back to Zasa's awesomeness! The 8th is only a few days away. Let's continue to get those nominations in!

• TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Congratulations, Brendhan. You've just had almost a dozen of your comments here reported, as well as a few on other threads and your account as a whole. You have maliciously proven yourself to be greedy, pessimistic, and downright rude, and have likewise displayed a complete disinterest in changing any of that. So, there you go. I just gave you a rather large gift: you now have to go out into the real world and befriend real people so that they'll want to be around you long enough for you to repeat this behavior.
    edited December 2012
    I reported him or her earlier about their behavior...
  • ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited December 2012
    Right, I think we need a bunch of new nominations to counteract the silly negativity....so back to page - this goes!
  • ZasadetZasadet Posts: 228 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Updated to here!

Envira_x, Xenacullen, Brighty, MacFusty, TheFairyBug, and Shrill, Thank you for your kind words in the face of my absentee-recieved criticism.

Apologies to all for the few days absence, I've had some winter-storm fun that compromised my power for a bit! The Game/lottery will happen even if updates are done by my phone! (which I would prefer to avoid since the keyboard is tiny!).

I'll say this on the topic, I am actually more worried about running OUT of nominees before the end then I am about anyone feeling left out! With that in mind, Nomination period will end in less than 48 hours! I wanna see nominations push into the triple digits!

Advertising incentive! If I see you promote this thread on your mypage, or you cross post it to anther thread (that allows posting of links to contests!) and post evidence here for me to check (linky) you can earn a 4th nomination slot!.

Only promo posts made AFTER this post qualify (to those who have been advertising already, thank you Soooo much, but my mypage has been swamped and I don't want to miss anyone with the promotion promotion!
    edited December 2012
    Zasadet wrote:
    Updated to here!

Envira_x, Xenacullen, Brighty, MacFusty, TheFairyBug, and Shrill, Thank you for your kind words in the face of my absentee-recieved criticism.

Apologies to all for the few days absence, I've had some winter-storm fun that compromised my power for a bit! The Game/lottery will happen even if updates are done by my phone! (which I would prefer to avoid since the keyboard is tiny!).

I'll say this on the topic, I am actually more worried about running OUT of nominees before the end then I am about anyone feeling left out! With that in mind, Nomination period will end in less than 48 hours! I wanna see nominations push into the triple digits!

Advertising incentive! If I see you promote this thread on your mypage, or you cross post it to anther thread (that allows posting of links to contests!) and post evidence here for me to check (linky) you can earn a 4th nomination slot!.

Only promo posts made AFTER this post qualify (to those who have been advertising already, thank you Soooo much, but my mypage has been swamped and I don't want to miss anyone with the promotion promotion!
    Aww you're very welcome Zasadet sweetie,if u need anything please
    feel free to let me know ok cause i'm always here...
  • SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited December 2012
    Here's a link to mypage :) I posted another link to your game

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SandySim

Have an awesome day everyone! :D
    edited December 2012
    Zasadet wrote:
    Updated to here!

You're welcome hun, you don't deserve the negativity he's been spewing everywhere.

Don't worry about being absent either, if you have no power, what can you do? :shock:

I was going to promote your lovely game anyway, it's part of my daily update. ;)
  • DACHALDACHAL Posts: 87
    edited December 2012
    I will love to nominate me, PeterTheSims3, and maroon55. Thanks for hosting! :D
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree! Thanks should go to those who politely and pointedly gave advice/reprimands to brendhan21. Unacceptable behavior. Enough said.
    edited December 2012
    DACHAL wrote:
    I will love to nominate me, PeterTheSims3, and maroon55. Thanks for hosting! :D

Glad to see more nominations :D

DACHAL, be sure to edit your post and list the reasons you are nominating the above people. To be eligible to enter/participate, you also need to list the reason (please refer to rule #5 on page 1 if you have any questions). I just thought I would point this out so you will not miss out on the fun...especially since the deadline is so close now.

Thanks! And Good Luck!!
    edited December 2012
    So close to triple digit...

Here's my newest posting:
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ADWilson

I would like to add Karrterr as my fourth nomination
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Karrterr

Reason: Another great friend who supports others, makes lovely builds, and this would give her a chance to add something new to future builds :D

Thanks, again!!
  • thaydongirlthaydongirl Posts: 30
    edited December 2012
    Forgot to say thanks for hosting and can't wait for the contest to start! :D
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't think I entered yet...and again, I could enter most of the people in GG and many of those of my Friends List...I have such a hard time.

Entry Form:

Nominee 1: enkeli63 http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=enkeli63

Reason for the Nomination: So many, one, we have too many things in common. Another, she is a sweet lady who is kind despite what she is going through...which has been rough. She also has given me enjoyment in reading her sim stories.

Nominee 2: envira_x http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/envira_x (I don't see her nomination yet)

Reason for the Nomination: She is there on a daily basis to cheer me up during this horrid rough patch (it can get old, chronic illness, because it's bad for so long), but she has been there daily, and I cannot tell you how much that means to me. I smile at so many of her posts. She is just a kind and caring soul.

Nominee 3: ajaxpost http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ajaxpost

Reason for the Nomination: Was the keeper of the DD list before me. Always there to lend a helping hand in thread up keep.

• Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2012
    I just advertised the lottery on my page, I really hope it gets at least some people to join!!

It's currently my status: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Jojo777

And for my fourth and last nomination I would like to nominate... myself. Just because I want to be part of this fun too! And because depending on the prize amount I may want to pass my gift on to a certain person, and if I have my name in there plus my nomination of that person it increases the chances of them getting the prize :)

My wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Jojo777
  • brivenesbrivenes Posts: 588 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for hosting. I dont understand how the game is played but i do understand how to nominate. :D so here goes

nomination 1: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=benji74
    why?: she is my newest friend

nomination 2: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Ivanna420
    why?: she is so nice and helpful

nomination 3: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=yz2907
    why?: she is always so happy :D

edited December 2012
    As promised your lottery is, once again, number two on my list of daily updates. :)
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Brighty

So, for my fourth nominee I choose MacFusty! How has she not been nominated yet, since wishlistless people can be nominated?

MacFushyFace, as I like to call her, spends much of her time bringing joy to everyone's days. She loves throwing gifts around, and has the best sense of humour. She also has the cutest little kitty named Lucy!

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/MacFusty (her page, since she has no WL) :D
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited December 2012
    Zasadet wrote:
    Updated to here! Thanks for the entries!
    Nominee 3, Greencats.
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=GreenCats
    She's a great builder and really helpful around this forum.

Thanks for entering, however, LavynderHaze already claimed GreenCat's nomination! I've reserved your nomination spot, you just need to select another nominee!

Sorry, I just saw this. I'll change my nominee.

Nominee 3, Snowdove58
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=snowdove58
    She's a great builder, really helpful around the forums and always throwing things at me!
    edited December 2012
    Hopefully some more people will see this before it closes :)
    edited December 2012
    By the way, I played dreidel today with some third and fourth graders. I gave a little presentation about Hanukkah today and then we played dreidel. It was so much fun! None of them were Jewish but they were all really curious about Jewish customs and the Hanukkah story. That's what I love about children, how they're genuinely curious and actually care about other religions and different kinds of people.

Also, it was nice to be able to celebrate Hanukkah somehow when I won't be able to spend it with my family this year :(
  • kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nominee 1: HylianJovi92

Reason for the Nomination: because I haven't been able to hit her lately :P

thank you for hosting.
  • ZasadetZasadet Posts: 228 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Just a quick checkin from my phone. I'm out running errends right now but I'll be home soon to update the thread with these wonderful new Nominations!

Keep 'em coming 'cause we have 8 nights of gifts and with the current sponsorship (and Envira hasn't even fessed up her surprise nomination amount yet). There will be at least 3-5 winners each night and there's the possibility of over 24 winners in a single night! I believe the rule of averages will fall into place and we will likely be seeing winner numbers in the 10-15 range each night... unless Sneaky Envira's pledge skews my numbers a bit! So MOAR nominees! Get your friends to play! I really don't want to run out of people to receive prizes and have to change the rules around!

To all of you playing, Thanks for the support!