Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

1414243444547...Next

Comments

• KaibillyKaibilly Posts: 60 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi, I only just purchased Showtime last week and am having the following problems:

The sim I host doesn't show up (waited a week after the show time) but credit is given for an amazing show on my wall. I am not getting any simport stamps :cry: I have hosted 2 sims and this has happened both times, I am yet to send my sim somewhere.

A new problem I found last night was my acrobat sim couldn't perform for tips (although she is in an outfit I made, so I can try that with the standard work outfit and see if that works)

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - No
    5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Showtime
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? - i think im on 1.33 (game version is 12.0.273.018001 and says it is up to date)
    7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ? - No
    8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? - Yes
    9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? - New game
    10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - Starlight Shores
    11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) - Win 7
    12. Did you disable SimPort ? - No
    13. Did you disable the Social Features ? - No
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2012
    I saw that they put the Hoi Polloi Event Center in the library. It's tagged as Big Show Event Center, and when I make a lot (64x64) to the same kind of lot, I still can't place the center. :( In fact I've tried every kind of lot, and it's still not working.

Edit: Let me edit this, None of my Showtime venue lots are working. Coffeehouse, Private, Live show, etc. None of them work in Moonlight Falls. I'll add this bug post to Supernatural also.
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2012
    I was having this same problem Kaibilly posted about. Now it's to the point where I can no longer host anyone or send my level 8 singer on tour. When I go to simport to post an invite the friends box is empty (even though I have plenty of friends). When I go to send my sim on tour the option is greyed out and it says a generic message about either not having an appropriate sim or the sim already having a tour booked (neither of which is applicable). These problems started within the past few days. It's as though I'm not logged in, but I am.
    Kaibilly wrote:
    Hi, I only just purchased Showtime last week and am having the following problems:

The sim I host doesn't show up (waited a week after the show time) but credit is given for an amazing show on my wall. I am not getting any simport stamps.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - Never used mods
    5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Showtime
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? - I'm patched up to the most recent. Launcher says my game is up to date.
    7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ? - It does not appear so. (I haven't installed Supernatural yet)
    8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? - Yes
    9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? - I started a new game with sims I had saved.
    10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - I'm in Lucky Palms now, but had missing touring sims problem in Riverview and Bridgeport too.
    11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) - Win 7 Home Premium
    12. Did you disable SimPort ? - No
    13. Did you disable the Social Features ? - No
  • BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2012
    Playing a custom world, no mods, old save, current patch. I have every expansion pack so far but no stuff packs.

After using the lifetime happiness reward genie, my sim got Eternal Happiness. Unfortuately, the sim died eventually, however they were saved by a death flower. Upon resurrection, i noticed they had lost the Eternal Happiness moodlet. 'Fair enough', i thought, but then i noticed i can't wish for it again after this.

Wishing for a longer life unfreezes age which was frozen by the age freeze potion.
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed already. I couldn't find anything on the first page, and trawling through 77 pages of posts wasn't high on my wishlist.

Soo... my issue is this:

After the last patch, I lost all of my Simport stamps. I don't use mods or cc. Is there a way to get my stamps back?

Thanks.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Karaoke machine becomes glitched.

My sim has a karaoke machine in his apartment. To use it I have to reset using testingcheatsenabled everytime I load my saved game, and also after a few sim days, because "sing" interaction simply vanishes.

I don't use mods.
  • DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited October 2012
    My live venue has become glitchy since I updated to 1.39. Whenever there is a performance being held, it never ends. I had one of my characters perform on stage and he moved so slow, it looked like he didn't do anything at all. Luckily I am very perceptive individual and noticed the slight change. I will test this out with another song before I create my own live venue to test (I am using Mick's Master currently). The Simfest that was held there also never ended either.
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2012
    Question to crinrict: did anyone ever found a solution to the phones multiplying because of Simport?
  • simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited December 2012
    simfest happens and the stage becomes empty, apparently a sims is performing but completely invisible and no props seen. Other sims are watching and there is an option to watch on the active sim.

Have most of NRass mods and a couple xml tuning mods.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have the same problem - no performers at all during the SimFest,although the audience still reacts as if there are.

I tried with mods, and without the mods folder, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I'm on Patch 1.42.
  • silkydreamgirl10silkydreamgirl10 Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2013
    please add me!
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd been holding off installing Supernatural and Seasons while deciding whether or not to get Showtime. When Origin had it on sale this weekend, I bit the bullet and downloaded. NOW, my game has issues. One is caused by a mod that wasn't causing trouble before and I'm still trying to isolate it (makes the buyable traits blank). The others - and I'm only a few hours in,

My Sim freezes: the game doesn't freeze and the other characters/pets don't freeze but the Sim does. This last time it seems to be permanent. I've reset her a bunch of times, I've Edited Town and changed households. I even had my other household go to her house and, while she turned her head when they went inside, she remained frozen in place. The only other thing to try before getting rid of her is to delete her and see what happens.

---> Edit: The only way I fixed it was to Evict at the Main Screen. I've been reading a bit and I think this isn't a Showtime issue but a World Editor issue. I'd placed a lot on each side of this house - 1 was angled - and I understand the World Editor can cause trouble, especially if you are adding multiple lots. This world is too small and too hilly to accomodate the way EA wants flat lots, so I likely got too greedy!

Showtime terrain issue: The Light Asphalt and Sidewalk terrain that came with Showtime are reversed, thus borked. Like some custom terrain, the tool won't turn into a square. I clicked on the Sidewalk terrain and, when I applied it to the ground, it was the Light Asphalt. Are you kidding me?

Sometimes when I click on or near a pet (I have cats) that are next to a human, they distort for just a second, becoming the same height as the Sim...that never happened before this install.

I agree with another thread that there isn't enough land available in this world. Since TS3 is so stinkin' particular about the slope of the land (I REALLY miss TS2 on this), there are very few places where a small lot can be placed, especially against the road. This is when I wish the apartment buildings would hold more than just 1 family and NPCs.

There's a weird bit of sliding going on at the Venue in the park. It isn't that bad but I thought I'd mention it.

The maid seems to be less effective. She doesn't make the bed most of the time and dirty dishes stay put. There isn't a routing issue, she doesn't stand around...she just cleans the toilets and leaves!

I'm sure there's more but it's early. I'm patched through 1.50 so was hoping EA had addressed all of the issues. Ha Ha - can't say that with a straight face!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • K00LerK00Ler Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Hm...

I think I'm having the same problem as some other people. Sim's gigs never ending.

There was an acrobat (I believe)performing on the Saturday I had my sim go to have an audition. He got a gig for the next day at 5:30pm. I came ahead of time at 3:30 and brought his sister with him. The time for his show came and the lady just stayed on stage performing. I let this go on until it was about 7:00pm, only an hour and a half from the time my sim's gig was supposed to end.

I had his sister start throwing things at the lady, and had him stand on stage. SHE STILL STAYED THERE. By the time I was done trying that it was past 8:30.

At that point I decided to reset the sim on stage. So I did. And bam she was gone. And then I messed up my game, the annoying circus-y music was polluting my house and also following around the sister who had watched the show. Then my game crashed.

So if you get someone stuck on stage, I highly reccomend NOT using the reset code. I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but I forgot to save (as always, ITS SO ADDICTING I FORGET TO DO THAT) for about two hours. :cry:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2013
    Edit: described problem appears to have nothing to do with Showtime, so I removed it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kirstyjo25kirstyjo25 Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    hi don't know if I am posting in the right place but I can't send a singer sim on tour every time I click on it to send her it says booking then after a few minuets it says failed to book try again later but I can send my man magician what can I do to fix this
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    I'm no longer answering posts.

I know but.....

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes and no. I started with none and slowly added OW, SP, and Woohooer as they were updated for ITF (i.63)

9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? I started new. I had a single sim set up for exploring the future and a couple set up for performing and simporting

10. What town are you currently playing ? EA , SS

11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

12. Did you disable SimPort ? no

13. Did you disable the Social Features ? no

I created a musician and an acrobat. Both are at lvl 10. Simport does NOT recognize the acrobat AT ALL. Never able to send her. The musician was doing fine until I took 2 or 3 days off from the game. When I came back to it, his most recent simport never showed as completed even though I saw the posts from the host and he can no longer interact with his family. I re added the 3 MODs and it made no dif. I tried using woohooer to interact with his wife and he wasn't even showing as an option to woohoo with. I tried moving him into another house for a day then back in per a suggestion. No difference. I turned off some settings via OW per your suggestion. No dif. Then I realized that his grandfather was an alien and his wife is an IF. Occult don't do well with simport or so I've read. so I kicked them out and moved two humans in. They both went through simport with no prob but upon their return, they have NO INTERACTIONS with the rest of the household beyond stuff you can do with a stranger.

Also, when I simport I only ask 1 person at a time to host or my requests don't go through and I am NEVER able to ask to host. I have to troll mypage in hopes of someone posting their sim for simport in order to host.

before playing I always delete my caches and backup files. I have yet to complete a single simport reward set because my game always messes up after a few hours of play. I think SS is just a bad world!
  • jlanders92jlanders92 Posts: 7
    edited January 2014
    My tour requests are being lost between me and friends. I can send sim on tour but friends will never see the request and I can not see theirs. I have no pending tour requests nor am I being able to see their gifts they send me, is this a simsport error or showtime?? Either way, what do I need to do and what do my friends need to do?
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2014
    jlanders92 wrote:
    My tour requests are being lost between me and friends. I can send sim on tour but friends will never see the request and I can not see theirs. I have no pending tour requests nor am I being able to see their gifts they send me, is this a simsport error or showtime?? Either way, what do I need to do and what do my friends need to do?

I got sort of the same problem.

some times I can see my friends requests, but they vanish when I want to click on them...
    and I can for some reason never see them if I got a free sim to send...

also when ever I make my own stage when my sim preforms at home, the sim frezzes and I get a bad show (becouse she does nothing on stage and I then have to reset her)
    If I use the standard stage it Works... but it is a Little sad.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • HackBimbo88HackBimbo88 Posts: 4 New Member
    add me for send / host singers... hackbimbo88

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top