Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game performance is horrid. Here are my specs, think you can help?

So, heres the deal: I installed my game today on my computer. Ran slow, even on low graphics. :evil:
Installed on my sister's computer (I have Vista, she has XP)...still ran slow (but not AS slow) on low graphics.
Obviously I am extremely frustrated and need some savvy tech expert to help me figure out what I need to drastically improve my games preformance. Obviously I would love for it to be effective AND cheap.

So here are my specs for the two computers. Any help/suggestions/solutions would be GREALTY appreciated.

My Vista computer:
Compaq Presario (dont know if this matters)
P4 3GHz processor
2gb RAM
ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

My sister's XP computer:
Compaq Presario
2.4 GHz processor
1gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

So there you have it. Sorry if the way I entered things was completely ********.

I was considering putting my 2gb of RAM onto my sister's computer and putting her 1gb on my Vista PC. Would that help?

Also, the ideal situation would be for me to play sims on my own computer...but if running it on XP will be faster or cheaper, I'm willing.

thanks for reading. I'll be looking forward to replies!

Comments

• kduv8kduv8 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll tell you straight up what the difference is. Your sister is running a Nvidia Graphics card and you're running an ATI.... EA has always favored Nvidia and thus the game in general will respond better to a system with a Nvidia card. I'd recommend a Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS or higher. you can buy them online from newegg.com for around 300 bucks, and it's an upgrade for the next 2 years.
  • xxpinkgluexxxxpinkgluexx Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    omg! thats so weird i have a compaq presario and i am having the same problem!!!! lol im happy im not the only one with the stupid compaq problem. lol but im guessing the reason that its running so slow is cause maybe not enough space? or maybe the graphic card isnt the correct kind the game needs to have it run good i dont no those are the things i think are wrong with mine orr maybe not enough ram or somthing idn lol take those into consideration i was thinking about going to best buys were i got the game and talking to one of the people if worst comes to worst you should go to the place you got the game and see what they say! hope this kinda helps lol :D