Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't register my sims 3 seasons

2...Next

Comments

• Cltaylor218Cltaylor218 Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same issue... Digital download from Origin, got my extra content, but can't register the game. :(
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    For alot of people the problem is not with Origin. It's with this site which is buggy as heck. For alot of people the only problem is it is not displaying icons for games that you have registered. Also, for people who use a different email login for Origin as Thesims3.com, that is the problem (see below).

When you buy a digital EP or SP from Origin it is automatically registered to your account (the same account you use to login to Origin, which for most of us is the same as our TheSims3.com login).

This happens automatically and there's no message telling you it happens, but it does. That is why when you try to register the game it tells you the serial number is invalid. Because it has already been used! By you.

The problem is this site is messing up and it isn't showing icons for games that are registered. Look at the profiles for people above that said they contacted Origin who promptly fixed it. Yes, they got a new serial number, one that hadn't been already used so they were able to manually register. But the icons still aren't showing.

If you buy digitally from Origin don't worry about the icons not showing up. Within an hour or so of your first download and install you can go to the download manager in game and get the exclusive registration content. It will be there. The registration bonus is the Seasons Wall Decal pack. You still need to get different codes, and manually enter them, for the Ice Lounge, the Trick or Treat Costume pack and for any other special exclusive stuff that any other merchants offered for preorer.

Also note that if you use a different email account for Origin as you do at TheSims3.com this automatic registration is applying it to your Origin account...you will need to contact Origin to resolve that. They don't expect people to have two separate EA.com accounts (both this site and Origin use EA.com accounts). They will give you a new serial number to use at this site.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yup, it's certainly not a problem just with Seasons. I bought World Adventures and Ambitions on Black Friday ($10? I couldn't resist!) and they didn't show up either. =/

So now I have purchased three games that aren't showing up on this site.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited December 2012
    Same here. Except i bought seasons from my local store, installed it fine, then went to get my ice lounge....fine, but when i try to register it on this site it won't work?
  • bigfacealbigfaceal Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm bumping this page for us, Sorry that I couldn't help anybody.

It has been almost 3 weeks this week since I Pre-Order Seasons from Origin and I'm Still waiting for the email's for the promotional items. :cry:

Have sent 3 emails to Origin haven't got a reply so far. :(

• lunargoddess9lunargoddess9 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I was having the same problem. Log out of everything Sims 3/EA related, log back in. All your games will show up as registered and you can download the registration rewards.
  • ezerhoddenezerhodden Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Logged out of everything and even rebooted to be sure but still no luck registering.
  • oneparalleloneparallel Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2013
    I bought an actual disc brand new from Gamestop and every time I tried to register it, it tells me it's an invalid code.
  • xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2013
    HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ORIGIN TO REGISTER THE SIMS 3 SEASON TO THE SIMS 3 WEDSITE BECAUSE I WENT ONTO MY THE SIMS 3 ACOUNT AND NOTICE THAT SUPERNATURAL AND PETS WERE REGISTER AND I DIDN'T DO IT SO I'M GUESSING IT WAS ORIGIN. BUT ANYWAY THANK YOU ORIGIN
  • AuegeanCullenAuegeanCullen Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Same problem.. when are they going to fix the problem?
  • melzy08melzy08 Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    Stormkeep wrote:
    For alot of people the problem is not with Origin. It's with this site which is buggy as heck. For alot of people the only problem is it is not displaying icons for games that you have registered. Also, for people who use a different email login for Origin as Thesims3.com, that is the problem (see below).

When you buy a digital EP or SP from Origin it is automatically registered to your account (the same account you use to login to Origin, which for most of us is the same as our TheSims3.com login).

This happens automatically and there's no message telling you it happens, but it does. That is why when you try to register the game it tells you the serial number is invalid. Because it has already been used! By you.

The problem is this site is messing up and it isn't showing icons for games that are registered. Look at the profiles for people above that said they contacted Origin who promptly fixed it. Yes, they got a new serial number, one that hadn't been already used so they were able to manually register. But the icons still aren't showing.

If you buy digitally from Origin don't worry about the icons not showing up. Within an hour or so of your first download and install you can go to the download manager in game and get the exclusive registration content. It will be there. The registration bonus is the Seasons Wall Decal pack. You still need to get different codes, and manually enter them, for the Ice Lounge, the Trick or Treat Costume pack and for any other special exclusive stuff that any other merchants offered for preorer.

Also note that if you use a different email account for Origin as you do at TheSims3.com this automatic registration is applying it to your Origin account...you will need to contact Origin to resolve that. They don't expect people to have two separate EA.com accounts (both this site and Origin use EA.com accounts). They will give you a new serial number to use at this site.
    Thank you, this was helpful. I was wondering why my codes from Origin weren't working, then I went on my page and saw that the eps I purchased were already registered. One of them isn't showing up though, and that is the 70's, 80's & 90's stuff pack. I'm assuming it's registered because I bought it through Origin, and my accounts are the same. The icon for that one just isn't showing up, so it made me wonder if I was doing something wrong. For now I'm going to chill out, and maybe the issue will get fixed... even though it bugs me for some reason. Hopefully the pack IS actually registered.
    Anyway, thanks again!
  • DrBloodDrBlood Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    I am having the same problem as you guys! Cant register my game do any of you know EA email adr so I cant write to them?
  • crystals3crystals3 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    yes I'm having the same problem I downloaded supernatural and I get a invalid serial code error. So if I cant register how do I get my sim points so I can get some cool stuff