Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raining/Puddles in the house?

It seems to be raining in the house I'm playing in right now. It's currently storming in my game and there are puddles everywhere. They seem to be appearing in doorways mostly. All of my Sims have umbrellas except for the dog, obviously. I just removed the entire roof and replaced it so I know there aren't any holes, and there IS a layer of flooring right under the roof. Is this just something included in the game? Or could it be a glitch??

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2012
    You should not be getting any puddles inside the house walls unless your sim walked in soaking wet and left one after standing there dripping for a while .
  • CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited December 2012
    None of them had been outside that day. Most of them work from home and since it was raining I kept the youngest daughter inside playing games all day. The only one that was outside was the dog and he only went out to pee then came right back in and wasn't wet at all.
  • reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited December 2012
    make sure there are no gaps in the roof.

Is it an EA house or custom?
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure of why, either. Perhaps, as it was suggested, you do have a gap in the roof somewhere. This actually raises a question for me - how do you get an umbrella? I have tried yet, but since you mentioned it, it occurred to me that I don't know how to use one.
    edited December 2012
    They're in buy mode. Just go into the Seasons collection and it'll be in there.

The house is custom built. I'm an avid Simmer, not some part timer, I know what I'm doing. The house is properly built, no holes in the roof or the walls. I've researched all possible solutions and I think this is the only plausible explanation. But it's still frustrating. The maid just mopped up a puddle and ten real seconds after he walked away it started to form again and it's STILL raining.
    edited December 2012
    I guess there's another glitch I think I've spotted. During every season, whatever the season-specific weather, it's ALWAYS doing that. In the Spring it's constantly raining, and same for the Fall. In the Summer it's constantly so hot out that my Sims can't do anything outside other than swim. And in the Winter it's CONSTANTLY snowing and the children and teens NEVER go to school. It's extremely frustrating!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited December 2012
    It's the dog.
    I had a dog and he loved the pool and went in and out of it all day, he would come into the house and leave puddles all over the place.
    It was so hard to play with that dog that liked swimming.
    I hardly had time to do anything but clean up puddles. i was ready to take the pool away.
  • ArieolaArieola Posts: 1 New Member
    My dog brings in puddles every time he comes in and it’s raining. Put down a doormat.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2018
    Arieola wrote: »
    My dog brings in puddles every time he comes in and it’s raining. Put down a doormat.

Good advice! Unfortunately, this thread is 6(!!) years old. If you live in the US, that's old enough to be in Kindergarten. Please be sure to check when a thread was last active before posting so we can avoid necroposting. Thanks.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top