Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm actually super excited for Monte Vista

Like I saw the ad and was like :roll: "ugh more money I have to spend" but I'm watching the live stream and ughaslkncalsn I am EXCiTED. What do you guys think of it?
edit: oops they just said the forum stuff for this would be in store>worlds so forgive me for posting it here!

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am very excited I am already pre-making so households and lots for it :P I am thinking steampunk/victorian/multi-cultured theme. Do a bunch of culture hidden traits sims and do a few lots more European (may use WA french buildings as templates) or steampunk/Victorian/multicultural to start me off :)
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm excited as well.

I know I will love to decorate these houses.
    I tend to decorate mine in a modern style mixed with old grungy tones.
    A marriage of old and new. And this is exactly what this world looks like to me.

On the other hand, store bought worlds are so empty it's depressing.
    Nothing from any expac will be included. So that's a downer.

But I shouldn't complain. The world looks beautiful.

I'll probably play a sim with a lot of pets, so that should break the monotony of the country life =)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am very excited. It looks gorgeous and fits my preference for architectural style. Day one purchase for me.

Of course I do have 23 more generations to get through to complete my current game based on my a-z legacy goal, so it will be a while before I actually play in Monte vista.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SlowedMussel735SlowedMussel735 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I wish EA would release a patch for the mess caused by the last patch instead of making a new world.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited November 2012
    In the live chat they mentioned Monte Vista was being made before/during/around the same time as seasons so really they didn't foresee issues cause by a patch of an exp created around the same time they made this world. I'd say fixes may come up and around the release of Monte Vista or after due to how close the two seemed to be released.

Also I do think when it comes to games such as this they have different groups working on different projects when issues come up they don't get the guys who makes worlds or clothing expansion go fix live bugs/issues.

But now that I wrote all this I am not sure if you are being serious or making a comment : /
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited November 2012
    building and decorating is the most exciting prospect for me too! and I didn't actually have that many issues with the patch? Like my game crashes more often now but I just have to save more often and I'm usually alright, sorry you're having issues :c
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    I wish EA would release a patch for the mess caused by the last patch instead of making a new world.

Different team does patches and code. The two are not related at all.

Besides, many of us don't have the "mess" you refer to. Our games sre running fine and we want more content. We are paying customers too.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Debbie1003Debbie1003 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Totally 100% agree with Stormkeep
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited November 2012
    At first I was only mildly interested in it. But, after seeing the chat I have to say that I'm pretty excited. The second I saw the wood fire oven in action, I knew I had to have it. I'm a sucker for anything that adds new food or recipes. :-) I also love the new rabbit holes and some of the smaller touches, like the new paintings and the wedding cake.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2012
    I saw Monte Vista at the big chat with Seasons, Supernatural, the new Sim City etc. If there was a separate chat for Monte Vista I missed it for some reason. If there was a separate one, can anyone tell me where I can find the link please?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited November 2012
    I saw Monte Vista at the big chat with Seasons, Supernatural, the new Sim City etc. If there was a separate chat for Monte Vista I missed it for some reason. If there was a separate one, can anyone tell me where I can find the link please?

Here you go. :-)
    http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_ed7c07d4-918c-4d10-b975-89777f89861f&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

Here you go. :-)
    http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_ed7c07d4-918c-4d10-b975-89777f89861f&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Thank you, I will watch it later :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:

Different team does patches and code. The two are not related at all.

Besides, many of us don't have the "mess" you refer to. Our games sre running fine and we want more content. We are paying customers too.

This. I am ready for new content... my game is running smooth and this world looks GREAT!
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm excited too! I wached the chat tuesday and I will be getting it. Obviously I REALLY want the stove to make italian food! It would have been even more awesome if it was another vacation world. :cry: *still hoping for an EP with proper vacations*
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    L3ann3L3ann3 Posts: 154 New Member
    edited November 2012

The world looks absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to get it!

Only downside.. I really want to play in that town, but I'm playing a really cool family now...
    And to move all of the six (+4 illegitemate) children and their mothers... It's not going to work, alas :(
  • Options
    MardukMarduk Posts: 32 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I just have to say that I would be dissapointed if there isn't some kind of Assassins Creed reference. Because the world reminds me of Monteriggioni in Assassins Creed 2.
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Welcome world #13 Monta Vista, I'm willing to purchase for real cash. I am so ready to to play this world, minus clebrites and Supernatural expect Witches. I can't wait to play this world in seasons.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree-Monte Vista looks beautiful. It's becoming more difficult to choose which world to play in, the last few worlds have been amazing.
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited November 2012
    omg I have the same problem picking worlds. They're all so great and I feel almost overwhelmed with game options!
  • Options
    AmazinglyShinyAmazinglyShiny Posts: 47 New Member
    edited December 2012
    At first I didn't want Monte Vista, but it is very beautiful and I really want it now. I feel like I have to have World Adventures now too. I want whatever sim I have live there to make nectar.

EA, you're not making this easy. I still need to buy Sunlit Tides. :lol:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    In the live chat they mentioned Monte Vista was being made before/during/around the same time as seasons so really they didn't foresee issues cause by a patch of an exp created around the same time they made this world. I'd say fixes may come up and around the release of Monte Vista or after due to how close the two seemed to be released.

Also I do think when it comes to games such as this they have different groups working on different projects when issues come up they don't get the guys who makes worlds or clothing expansion go fix live bugs/issues.

But now that I wrote all this I am not sure if you are being serious or making a comment : /

I hope so because if we have to wait for 70s,80s and 90 stuff pack before a patch is released it's going to be a long wait.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited December 2012
    can wait. stop playing my game till the world comes out. now i just want to see the new venue coming out and price.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2012
    I wont watch the chat because I want it to be a surprise. Ill get it though. I always buy their worlds.