Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**EA PLEASE READ**

I am in love with Twilight, and other people are to or it wouldn't be successful. You teamed up with Plants vs. Zombies, so I thought i would raise my voice in saying what I think could make twilight fans that don't even play sims start playing. It might be a little to late for another recommendation for the sims 3 but this could be possible for the sims 4. These are things that if you ever were to do this would be neat. Obviously have wear wolves and vampires, the wear wolf tattoo, Bella's truck, Bella's fathers house, the Cullen house, the poster with all of the graduation hats from the first movie, some outfits from the movie, long hair for children like Renesmee, Bella's wedding dress, t-shirts with the names of each book when you register your game, add some songs that were played in the movie, hairstyles that were worn in the movies, actually adding the books for the sims to read would be cool and those are my ideas. I know you probably get tones of recommendations but if you could please just read and consider the possibilities i would be beyond happy and i would make sure all my friends that play as well get it. THANKS A BUNCH, xoxox!

Comments

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited November 2012
    They didn't team up with PvZ, EA owns PvZ.
  • funcoolfriendlyfuncoolfriendly Posts: 98 New Member
    edited November 2012
    whatever, that's not the point. They teamed up with Katy Perry also.
  • atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited November 2012
    I can't stand Twilight. It's the biggest load of garbage. We got werewolves and revamped Vampires with SN. I've seen tons of Twilight CC on the internet and exchange and it was all free.

Good idea, but I'm inclined to say NO. Sorry. I'm not a fan of celebs and pop culture fads in my game. It's why I don't use Diesel and why I don't have KPST.

And just so you know, EA owns PVZ.
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I can't stand Twilight. It's the biggest load of garbage. We got werewolves and revamped Vampires with SN. I've seen tons of Twilight CC on the internet and exchange and it was all free.

Good idea, but I'm inclined to say NO. Sorry. I'm not a fan of celebs and pop culture fads in my game. It's why I don't use Diesel and why I don't have KPST.

And just so you know, EA owns PVZ.

Agreed.

I think it would alienate too many customers, I for one, would not buy it. Just like I did not buy the Katy Perry pack.
  • XRumblingcdsXXRumblingcdsX Posts: 43
    edited November 2012
    I can't stand Twilight. It's the biggest load of garbage.

:mrgreen:
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ew, please no. I don't want anything Kristen Stewart related in my game. I already made a save of Moonlight Falls where I killed off Bailey Swain. I can't wait until she fades away...waste of space.

Um, yeah, personal opinions aside...I don't think it would make sense for them to release something Twilight related. By the time they got the deal ironed out, made the content and released it, Twilight will have been long since over. I think the closest you're going to get are the Twilight references in Supernatural.
    I can't stand Twilight. It's the biggest load of garbage.

While I agree it is a rotten piece of...yeah, I think 50 Shades of Grey is worse. Thank god the sims is a T rated franchise so there is no way they could do a tie in like that.

34336_s.gif
  • MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited November 2012
    no.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited November 2012
    As much as I like watching Twilight myself, I have to agree with the others when they say no. I'm pretty content with just the references that they have in the SN ep. Really when you think about it there really isn't that much more to add to make it like Twilight. I mean you have vampires that I heard that sparkle already. I really don't play vampires but I have seen then running during the daylight with a trail of light or something right behind them. And then there are the werewolves. How much more can you add to werewolves? As far as tattoos go, you could probably find one or close to one like the ones that they have in the movie right from the exchange or in the game.

Even though Twilight is a very popular movie not many simmers on this site is crazy about the movie. Vampires ain't suppose to sparkle and drink blood without the person's permission or be nice creatures. Vampires are suppose to be dark and evil and yes I know this is a game and EA didn't make them out to be the way people have read about the legends of what a vampire is suppose to be.

So I will stand by all of the other simmers that don't want EA to come out with a Twilight ep. Besides there would be copright issues and as someone has pointed out that by the time that EA did get permission to do such an ep, Twilight would be old news and there would be a new fad in creatures in movies coming out then.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited November 2012
    lisasc360 wrote:
    As much as I like watching Twilight myself, I have to agree with the others when they say no. I'm pretty content with just the references that they have in the SN ep. Really when you think about it there really isn't that much more to add to make it like Twilight. I mean you have vampires that I heard that sparkle already. I really don't play vampires but I have seen then running during the daylight with a trail of light or something right behind them. And then there are the werewolves. How much more can you add to werewolves? As far as tattoos go, you could probably find one or close to one like the ones that they have in the movie right from the exchange or in the game.

Even though Twilight is a very popular movie not many simmers on this site is crazy about the movie. Vampires ain't suppose to sparkle and drink blood without the person's permission or be nice creatures. Vampires are suppose to be dark and evil and yes I know this is a game and EA didn't make them out to be the way people have read about the legends of what a vampire is suppose to be.

So I will stand by all of the other simmers that don't want EA to come out with a Twilight ep. Besides there would be copright issues and as someone has pointed out that by the time that EA did get permission to do such an ep, Twilight would be old news and there would be a new fad in creatures in movies coming out then.

Exactly. I think that's why they do brand name or celebrities and not a movie or a book. Chances of a brand name or celebrity being old news are slimmer than a movie or book being old news.
  • FairelalamourFairelalamour Posts: 88
    edited November 2012
    no.jpg
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am in love with Twilight, and other people are to or it wouldn't be successful. You teamed up with Plants vs. Zombies, so I thought i would raise my voice in saying what I think could make twilight fans that don't even play sims start playing. It might be a little to late for another recommendation for the sims 3 but this could be possible for the sims 4. These are things that if you ever were to do this would be neat. Obviously have wear wolves and vampires, the wear wolf tattoo, Bella's truck, Bella's fathers house, the Cullen house, the poster with all of the graduation hats from the first movie, some outfits from the movie, long hair for children like Renesmee, Bella's wedding dress, t-shirts with the names of each book when you register your game, add some songs that were played in the movie, hairstyles that were worn in the movies, actually adding the books for the sims to read would be cool and those are my ideas. I know you probably get tones of recommendations but if you could please just read and consider the possibilities i would be beyond happy and i would make sure all my friends that play as well get it. THANKS A BUNCH, xoxox!

No, you are not the first one to come up with this idea. There have been requests for EP's based on Harry Potter, Sailor Moon, and The Hunger Games, to name a few. The problem with your ideas, apart from the fact that EA would have to pay royalties to the creators of those series, is that once they start doing games designed to please various fandoms, the game stops being about the Sims, and becomes more about the players playing out their fan fantasies. And, as you can clearly see by the negative reaction to your ideas, not everyone is going to be a fan of a particular series, and not every fan wants to mix The Sims with their favorite TV Show or movie.

EA provides you with the elements to make your own Twilight story in Supernatural, just like it provides Harry Potter fans with the elements to create their own story...all you have to do is use your imagination and be willing to download custom content.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited November 2012
    That's why people make Custom Content because not everything can be done. I'm sure there are a few Twilight related custom Content out there. If you don't use custom content you will just have to go without because EA would never have anything directly related to any TV show or Movie.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

No, you are not the first one to come up with this idea. There have been requests for EP's based on Harry Potter, Sailor Moon, and The Hunger Games, to name a few. The problem with your ideas, apart from the fact that EA would have to pay royalties to the creators of those series, is that once they start doing games designed to please various fandoms, the game stops being about the Sims, and becomes more about the players playing out their fan fantasies. And, as you can clearly see by the negative reaction to your ideas, not everyone is going to be a fan of a particular series, and not every fan wants to mix The Sims with their favorite TV Show or movie.

EA provides you with the elements to make your own Twilight story in Supernatural, just like it provides Harry Potter fans with the elements to create their own story...all you have to do is use your imagination and be willing to download custom content.

Very well said.
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited November 2012
    Twilight?

*Shudders*

NO!

'Nuff said.

I got a mod to get rid of the 'sparkly' thing for the vampires in my game, soon as I could find one! And I agree with the person that said vampires are NOT supposed to have to ASK to drink someone's blood! In the game, they should have an 'attack' option. I believe in Sims 2, the werewolves had an option to 'savage' another sim, (the animation was just like when two sims get into a physical fight, just a cloud you occasionaly saw a head or an arm or whatever, pop out of). There should be that sort of option for vampires in the Sims 3!
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited November 2012
    8194781032_903abab2f2_z.jpg
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Please just no. I have to make sure not to have Eye Candy as is around Vampires from Late Night. Now when I get home I need to make sure to find that one mod to get rid of the sparkliness from the Immortality Life time. I dislike Katy Perry enough where I don't want my money going to her. I also didn't understand Drew Carey being in Sims 1. Doing something with Twilight for Sims 3 or 4, would mean money going to Meyer, and she's not that great of a writer in the first place. Even when I used to be a fan of it I would still say no, and if they did I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I also didn't like the Plants Vs. Zombies promotional thing with Supernatural.

I'm sure there are Custom Content on trust worthy sites and sims off the exchange that can full fill your wish.

I would love this if EA never did promotional things like the celebrity/promotional again unless it's just clothes or home supplies, like H&M and Ikea with Sims 2 and Diesel with Sims 3.