Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***A Build Contest For The Novice/Beginner/Nervous Builder*** Winners Announced page 1 and 21***

Comments

• lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2012
    Shrill wrote:
    I thought I was going to be ready to post mine up tonight, but it seems I've got some lingering roofing issues so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm also a bit disappointed that slanted roofs do not photograph well from the inside!

I am *so* impressed with everybody else's entries, mine is pretty basic and I won't be able to iron out all the problems with it without changing it entirely, but I'm pretty pleased with it for a first attempt :) Here is a quick external shot of it at the moment - I love Scandinavian house design so that's what I've tried to replicate.

9rnayr.jpg
    i really like ur roof i was making a huge cabin but i couldnt get the roof to look like that. the roof never want to turn the way i want it too
  • jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited November 2012
    jwghost wrote:
    @fission63
    my house definetely won't appear on this site, I uploaded it 4 times and it won't appear. :( and hasn't any cc, only store content.
    what would I do? can I upload it to mediafire? the bad thing is that the store content don't will be listed.

If you can get it up on mediafire, you should be able to then run the file through custard, well you could run the file through custard before you upload if you have it, but from mediafire someone else can for you if you don't, soemtimes things won't upload because a file has attached itself to them that shouldn't be there, I believe custard would show this. Hope that helps

ahh I'm sorry, just saw now. thank you for answering me. :) yes, I've checked, but I don't know very well how it works, this was what appeared when I checked: ubnsane.png what does that mean?
    and I already uploaded the house, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?h3ncwv189m4h1ih
  • fission63fission63 Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2012
    jwghost wrote:
    jwghost wrote:
    @fission63
    my house definetely won't appear on this site, I uploaded it 4 times and it won't appear. :( and hasn't any cc, only store content.
    what would I do? can I upload it to mediafire? the bad thing is that the store content don't will be listed.

If you can get it up on mediafire, you should be able to then run the file through custard, well you could run the file through custard before you upload if you have it, but from mediafire someone else can for you if you don't, soemtimes things won't upload because a file has attached itself to them that shouldn't be there, I believe custard would show this. Hope that helps

ahh I'm sorry, just saw now. thank you for answering me. :) yes, I've checked, but I don't know very well how it works, this was what appeared when I checked: ubnsane.png what does that mean?
    and I already uploaded the house, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?h3ncwv189m4h1ih

No problem, I have listed the mediafire link on your entry, if you change it you can just leave a message on here and I will update it for you.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited November 2012
    I just noticed something weird with my upload. Under store items, it lists the Ultimate Career Bundle, which is the free registration pack that came with Ambitions. I did not use any of those items. I did however use a few things from the WA free pack, Explorer's Loot and it doesn't list those items at all. I don't think it will matter since they are all free items and hopefully will show up correctly once downloaded. FYI- The items I used from the Explorers Loot pack are the bookcase, the dragon's vase and the dragon lute.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=12491&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:18596
  • ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited November 2012
    *Edited to add that if there are any Store items you'd rather I remove/replace, just let me know!*

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. Unfortunately I couldn't get the slanted roofs to work internally, it just looked awful so I had to had a 'dummy' floor to make it work. Anyway, here is my entry, thanks so much to Fission for hosting this competition and for giving so many useful tips along the way! I really enjoyed building this, it took my out of my comfort zone which is always good.

User Name: Shrill
    Lot Name: The Lodge
    Lot Size: 30 x 30
    Link to Exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6679117

Description (of Lot and things that challenged you in this build): This is a 2/3 bed home, a luxury house for a successful and lively young couple, that can easily be altered into a more family-friendly home should they decide to have children.

My main challenge was obviously the roof, it almost drove me crazy but I'm actually pretty happy with it now. The dummy floor is annoying as it's purely for show, but I really like dormer windows so I wanted to keep it in. After that I found landscaping very difficult, but I've kept it minimal which I think suits the house anyway.

Game Pictures (5 max):
    2e67nmu.jpg
    zxuu5d.jpg
    29kqb8x.jpg
    fozw4o.jpg
    2el8neu.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Well Goodmorning Everyone

Updated to here, thank you Shrill for your great entry.

I finished the competition entry I was working on yesterday so I am now going to concentrate on this contest. I want to check all the entries through custard and load them into a world ready for marking. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

edited November 2012
    Hi Guys

This is my issues post :oops: :oops: :oops:

moved this post to pg 17 - easier to find
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DACHALDACHAL Posts: 87
    edited November 2012
    Hey!My entry has this :oops: , it says I have to check page 14, but there is nothing about mine there! What happened? Please tell me to see if I can fix it or something! =)

Thanks!!
    edited November 2012
    DACHAL wrote:
    Hey!My entry has this :oops: , it says I have to check page 14, but there is nothing about mine there! What happened? Please tell me to see if I can fix it or something! =)

Thanks!!

:mrgreen: you bet me to posting :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    no it not lettin me upload it i dont know why i do see that some of the store stuff i using isnt showing up on the store list so imma take them up reupload it
    edited November 2012
    lataya24 wrote:
    no it not lettin me upload it i dont know why i do see that some of the store stuff i using isnt showing up on the store list so imma take them up reupload it

Thank you, it's probably something silly as all your other entries uploaded fine. Don't forget to give me the new url when you have it.
    edited November 2012
    Is there any possibility of you remembering what the pattern was? :( I used a lot of them, so I´ll be hard to guess! :shock: LOL

another question that may sound dumb, What is C.C? :cry:
  • samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited November 2012
    DACHAL wrote:
    Is there any possibility of you remembering what the pattern was? :( I used a lot of them, so I´ll be hard to guess! :shock: LOL

CC is custom content, when its listed as a rule in a contest it usually refers to non EA created items, i.e. those not in the base game/EP's/SP/store
    edited November 2012
    DACHAL wrote:

CC stands for custom content which means its not EA.

I cannot see the pattern sorry, its just showing that there is one there.

edited November 2012
    Ohh! But the snowman is from Ea!

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:42771&back=purchaseHistory

screenshot_original.jpg

You can see that it´s the same! And the chairs you´re talking about are the orange ones?
    edited November 2012
    lataya24 wrote:
    imma have to pull holiday cabin out something just isnt right i tried another version with out store stuff but it wont load either sorry and thank you for telling me i really thought it work bc no1 wrote me and it had over 300 downloads.
    edited November 2012
    DACHAL wrote:
    Ohh! But the snowman is from Ea!

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:42771&back=purchaseHistory

screenshot_original.jpg

You can see that it´s the same! And the chairs you´re talking about are the orange ones?

You're right about the snowman, it is ea and I think it is those chairs, they're coming up 'Bresnia"'

Incidentally I love the chandelier above the table, very creative.
    edited November 2012
    lataya24 wrote:
    lataya24 wrote:
    imma have to pull holiday cabin out something just isnt right i tried another version with out store stuff but it wont load either sorry and thank you for telling me i really thought it work bc no1 wrote me and it had over 300 downloads.

OK I have taken that entry out, thank you lataya for checking for me. :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    the difference is that this one was the only one my sim lived in it do u think it bc of the newspaper
  • Heavensent2010Heavensent2010 Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hey! Is it to late to enter?
    edited November 2012
    lataya24 wrote:
    the difference is that this one was the only one my sim lived in it do u think it bc of the newspaper

I really don't know, it doesn't matter, you have some great entries anyway.
    edited November 2012

:mrgreen: no not too late, you have 4 days :mrgreen:
  • Heavensent2010Heavensent2010 Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2012
    fission63 wrote:

:mrgreen: no not too late, you have 4 days :mrgreen:

Okay! I have two! One is already done. The other I have built, just have to funish it!
  • ritzbitritzbit Posts: 429
    edited November 2012
    I have updated my entry on page twelve with a picture slideshow :)
  • rattbaitrattbait Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2012
    I guess I do have a problem. The computer that my Sims game is loaded on has bit the dust. What can I do since I can't load it to fix it?

EDIT:
    I've gone through the screenshots that I have and the pattern is probably the one I used for the wall draperies. Since there is very little chance to get a new computer and have it fully set up and running by the deadline I will withdraw my submission.

It was nice while it lasted. :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on