Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Hunters International In Naples, Italay -- WINNERS GIFTED!**CLOSED**

Due to unforeseen circumstances, with our Dear friend Ms. Seascape, we had to move things from the old thread to here, so that we can continue this great contest. Some wonderful people have come in to help for the contest winnings. so it does not appear that that much has changed. Otherwise all closing dates are normal and ends on December 29 at noon EST.

New House Hunters International Contest, and some info first:

Ends 12 Noon EST on December 29th. You can use http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ to check the time in your zone/location.

About Naples, Italy:
Naples is one of Italy's most vibrant cities. It lies on the coast south of Rome and is the most important city in southern Italy. Naples has recently undergone some renovation but still retains much of its old character. It holds many historical and artistic treasures.

Backstory:

Jennifer and Kurt have been together since they were in high school and have had a whirlwind relationship for the past 10 years they've been together. While enlisted military man Kurt was in Afghanistan, Jennifer and their child, Liam, were separated from Kurt for about a year and moved back to their home town in Idaho. Soon Kurt returned home and they found out they will be moving again and this time to the town of Naples, Italy. Even though the two have never traveled to Italy before nor speak any Italian they will be moving once again and this time for a longer stay. This young couple is looking for a home they can share near all the local scenery. They have a limited house budget, and a big wishlist for their new home. Will this eager young couple find their home in the Italian town of Naples?

House Hunters/House Hunters International Episode 2:

The Dream Home: Should be furnished and decorated
Jennifer is hoping for a big kitchen and space in case they wish to add a nursery, as she'd love to have another child. She'd also like a washer and dryer. Kurt would like a "man cave" so he can just have some down time at home and a room for working out. Liam really would like a swingset or playground area in the backyard. They like blending the old with the new, and are open to renovations if the house is below their budget.

The Sims Family: Please submit as a household
Jennifer is a pretty brunette, loves to dance, and has cooking skills and loves gardening. She is family oriented and loves salad.

Kurt has handiness and logic skills, and prefers steak. He also works out, and would love space to do that. He is athletic.

Liam is a young child who loves toys to play with but enjoys his time in the kitchen helping Mom cook and bake. His favorite color is blue and his favorite food is a hamburger.

Their budget: $50,000

Rules:

Must use the appropriate entry form when submitting!

1. No CC or Mods! 8) means Passed Custard! :cry: means check your entry! There's an issue or CC.
2. CAP patterns - up to 2 are allowed.
3. Recolors always allowed.
4. Remakes/remodels of Sims 3 Houses or Sims are allowed.
5. No custom lot sizes - must be the standard EA lot sizes.
6. Entry must not have won or placed in a previous contest, and cannot be entered in a current contest.
7. Any EPs, SPs or Store content may be used including worlds. Added 09 December: Please note this includes Monte Vista, though many judges may not have these items so remember that and pictures may be important as the contest is is judged in game
8. One entry per person in each category is allowed.
9. Build in the EA world of your choice, but add your world in your post please!
10. 1 picture/ entry minimum. More are wanted, but one is required. (To clairfy, the minimum one picture must be posted with your entry. You can also link to a photo sharing site for a slide show, but we need one picture here)
11. Added 03 December 2012: Make sure to use entry form provided. (A portion of point will be decided based on if you use the form).

Hints, Tips, Clarifications, thoughts etc. Collected from the thread (I'll update this from time to time): Added 09 December 2012
    This game is judged primarily IN game, though a portion is based on the write up, which does indeed include pictures. However, not all judges have all elements so if there are key items in which you want to focus on, make sure to include these in you pictures.
    A good write up/biography is important. A bit of imagination will carry you far.

Entry Form:

For the House:
Name / link to your page:
Link to your Lot:
Description:
Pictures:
Slideshow / Imaging site link:
World lot was built in:
Budget/Price of House:

For the Family:
Name / link to your page:
Link to your Sim Family:
Description:
Sim Favorites/Personality/Career/Skills:
Pictures:

Comments

• becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012
    Prizes:

Prizes change monthly. (Winners are always allowed to use their winnings to gift someone else if they wish!) For this contest this month: Blunote has wonderfully agreed to cover the prize pool...though things have changed again (as of 11/26/12 ) Seascape has given the prize money to Rawr to award! THANK YOU! I would also be interested in keeping this contest going if any are interested...I really like the ideas and thoughts put into this. I'll try and hoard SP's for the next one if you are interested in another go round, and make each one last about 2 months or so. Let me know...

edited to add this section This rounds sponsors whom I want to send a great THANK YOU to:
    Bluenote
    Seascape/Rawr
    Aricaria

First Place:
    A Standard World of Choice, or 4,000 simpoints in WL items. Winners will receive 4,000 simpoints in one manner or another -be it a world and WL items, just WL items, a simpoint bundle, etc

Second Place: 2,500 simpoints in WL items

Third Place: 750 simpoints in WL items

Honorable Mention x 3: 500 simpoints in WL items (2 of these to be gifted by Aricaria)

Host's Favorite(host does not really look closely into entries until judgement day and changes are allowed at any time up till the close time): 175 simpoints in WL Items

Sims and Houses are judged separately, so these are the prizes for each category. Note that you may enter once in each of these categories! Please upload your house and your family separately. NO CC and NO MODS!!

Judging Criteria:

House:
    1. Included elements of dream home and kept on or below budget (up to 20 points)
    2. Style/design (up to 20 points)
    3. Interior decorating (up to 20 points)
    4. Originality/theme (up to 20 points)
    5. Extras or Wow Factor (up to 10 points)
    6. Pics / Presentation (up to 10 points)
    Total points = up to 100 points

You must include a lot name and a description in your upload!

Sim Family:
    1. Personality / Skills (up to 20 points)
    2. Likes / Dislikes (up to 20 points)
    3. Career / Lifetime Wish (up to 20 points)
    4. Appearance (up to 20 points)
    5. Pics / Presentation (up to 10 points)
    6. Extras or Wow Factor (up to 10 points)
    Total points = up to 100 points

You must include the Sim names (and a last name) and description in your household upload!

Please post a minimum of one picture of your house or family, but more are welcome. Love seeing the pics on the thread.

Judges:
    BecomingJenn http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/becomingjenn
    Rawr2019: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rawr2019
    readreadread: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/readreadreadread
    Ivanna420: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Ivanna420
    Seascape: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Seascape

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2012
    Entries/Interested Lists: Your name does not have to be on this list in order to enter.
    ICON KEY:
    :thumbup: = Entry In
    8) = Checked by CUSTARD
    :| = Something wrong with your entry, does not qualify at this point.

Interested:
    1. SelahGio
    2. GreenCats
    3. aricarai
    4. Shrill
    5. walkingstick
    6. happymoohorse
    7. luckyheather
    8. samanthajane26
    9. mattnjenn05
    10. agstah
    11. gamerchick2566
    12. Ashleykaymay
    13. Blysscia
    14. zappyo
    15. Sandraelle
    16. scorpiophoenix
    17. Corwim
    18. Snowmoon
    19. CasaundraKay
    20. BryonyRae
    21. EnviedImperfection
    22. romagi1
    23. DevonandPeter
    24. 40675672

Entries for Naples, Italy House:

1. Faith_AndHope ( pg 4 ) Entry, Napoli Paradiso :thumbup: 8)
    2. GreenCats ( pg 4 ) Entry, Villa Napoletana :thumbup: 8)
    3. luckyheather ( pg 9 ) Entry, Elegante Dimora :thumbup: 8)
    4. romagi1 ( pg 10 ) Entry, Casa Dolce Casa :thumbup: 8)
    5. Blysscia ( pg 11 ) Entry, Villa Mulino :thumbup: 8)
    6. zappyo ( pg 12 ) Entry, Cahill :thumbup: 8)
    7. momolucu ( pg 14 ) Entry, Casa La Viva :thumbup: 8)
    8. snowdove58 ( pg 16 ) Entry, Nuovo Inizio :thumbup: 8)
    9. stevesuzz ( pg 16 ) Entry, Casa Di Fortuna :thumbup: 8)
    10. Snowmoon ( pg 18 ) Entry , Casa Arancione :thumbup: 8)
    11. walkingstick ( pg 19 ) Entry , Casa di Pietra (v1) :thumbup: 8)
    12. Sandraelle ( pg 19 ) Entry , Casa di Fiore :thumbup: 8)
    13. allisoneg02 ( pg 23 ) Entry, Bella Vista Villa :thumbup: 8)
    14. oiswise ( pg 26 ) Entry, Villa w Gourmet Kitchen :thumbup: 8)
    15 . FullHouseOf6 ( pg 27 ) Entry, Con Amore' With Love :thumbup: 8)
    16. hippies67 ( pg 28 ) Entry, Little Villa Starter :thumbup: 8)
    17. Corwim ( pg 29 ) Entry, Casa Vita Felice :thumbup: 8)
    18. Daiyu ( pg 30 ) Entry, Casa Piccolo :thumbup: 8)
    19. utaker170 ( pg 31 ) Entry, Dolce Villa Napoletana!
    20. Ashleykaymay ( pg 31 ) Entry, Bellesimo Villa

Entries for Househould - Jennifer, Kurt and Liam:

1. TheBuckeye5 (pg 2) [url="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/616766.page#9846327]Entry[/url], Walker :thumbup: 8)
    2. luckyheather ( pg 2 ) [url="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/616766.page#9846514]Entry[/url], Kapello :thumbup: 8)
    3. romagi1 ( pg 3 ) Entry, Allen :thumbup: 8)
    4. Faith_Andhope ( pg 4 ) [url="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/616766.page#9854852]Entry[/url], [url="http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6666603]Hunt[/url] :thumbup: 8)
    5. jef299 ( pg 8 ) [url="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/616766.page#9870859]Entry[/url], Burke :thumbup: 8)
    6. Blysscia ( pg 11 ) Entry, Aguirre :thumbup: 8)
    7. snowdove58 ( pg 12 ) Entry, Conrad :thumbup: 8)
    8. zappyo ( pg 12 ) Entry, Cahill :thumbup: 8)
    9. agstah ( pg 14 ) Entry, Sullivan :thumbup: 8)
    10. oiswise ( pg 26 ) Entry, Fun n Skilled Kerry Family :thumbup: 8)
    11. utaker170 ( pg 29 ) Entry, Rhoads
    12. Corwim ( pg 30 ) Entry, Anderson

edited January 2013
    Winners!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to the Following:

Hostess Choice (175 points in WL items) :

Favourite House: Dolce Villa Napolenta! / Utaker 170 *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape*

Favourite Family: Kerry/ Oiwise *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape*

House:

1st Place: Casa Vita Felice/Corwim *gifted by Blunote00*

2nd Place: Casa Piccolo / Daiyu *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape*

3rd Place (500 points in WL items) : Villa Napolenta / GreenCats *gifted by Blunote00*

4th Place (500 points in WL items) : Casa di Pietra / Walking Stick *gifted by aricarai*

5th Place (500 points in WL items) : Dolce Villa Napolenta! / Utaker 170 *gifted by aricarai*

Families:

1st Place: Kerry/ Oiwise *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape*

2nd Place: Sullivan/ Agstah *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape*

3rd Place (500 points in WL items): Conrad/SnowDove *gifted by Blunote00*

4th Place (500 points in WL items): (tie) Allen/ Romangi1 *gifted by Nik on behalf of Seascape* and Anderson/ Corwim *gifted by Blunote00*

5th Place (500 points in WL items): Aguirre/ Blyssica *gifted by Blunote00*

6th Place (300 points in WL items): 6th Place: Kapello / Luckyheather (because scores were close this will be gifted by me: becomingjenn) *gifted by becomingjenn*

This was a hard one and many of the scores were close. I think there was so much talent here and I wish I had an iota of what you all possess in spades. I cannot wait till the next one and hope it will be under better circumstances for me.

We do have a tie for fourth place, and I will cover it if need be. Sponsors please let me know (I can't recall who is covering what at the moment but wanted to put the places down). I will updates as those are gifted.

edited December 2012
    Reserved:
    edited November 2012
    Inspiration Pictures:
    Some inspiration...I'm trying to keep in mind that this family has a very tight budget, but maybe these will help...

Italian%20Villa%20Hideaway%2018x24.jpg

house-rental-italy.jpg

138150_Colors-of-Italy_400.jpg

img_main.jpg

lpiimg5645333.jpg

tuscan-kitchen-pictures-2012.jpg

0340372a9.jpg

Italian_Villa_6-1.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2012
    Great job at getting the new thread set up, Jenn! I wanted to wait a bit in case Nik wanted to get a post in here. Hope it's OK if I post now?

I think I am under budget barely. :? But I am having a problem wrapping my head around Italy. I have changed mine so many times .... so this is a sneak on what I am hoping is the finished product. Well, of my Kurt and Jennifer and maybe, hopefully the living room.

Screenshot-223.jpg
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,761 Member
    edited November 2012
    Its wonderful you are continuing with the contest/s as it is such a great idea thanks to dear Seascape, who we all wish will be back with us soon.
    If you want the entries from the old thread here do let us know, so ppl can see and Rec without going back and forth. I will continue with mine soon as I get in game as I have thought how to get my price down :)

Hi becomingjenn some sites for Italian House names would be useful, I found
    http://www.housenameheritage.com/
    and I have chosen 'Nostro Palazzo', 'Our palace'

Lovely sneak peek romagi1 the room looks lovely, cant wait to see the rest.
    Hill

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited November 2012
    Great job Jenn at setting up the new thread. It's awful what Seascape is having to go through and you all are great friends to her to step in and continue this contest. We all really appreciate it, as it is a great idea for a build competition. And I saw that Blunote volunteered her SP for the prizes---amazing!! Just wanted to add that I am still planning to enter a house. Thanks again!
  • samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited November 2012
    The thread looks great, thank you for taking this over hon, I do still intend to build for this although I'm barely more than bare walls on it right now, because its such a wonderful style to build for. I hope they resolve Seascapes issues, not just because she will be missed but also for her own peace of mind. Fingers crossed for her
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for this, Jenn xxx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yay. The show goes on. Thanks Jenn for taking over and to Blunote and Rawr for the sponsorship and help.

I'm in the middle of another build right now but as soon as that is finished, I'm starting on this. Can't wait to see what people come up with.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yaaay, Jenn! Thanks for setting this up! It looks fabulous! :mrgreen:
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited November 2012
    Jenn, if you need any help let me know. I am still on board with this. I will be back after work this afternoon. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    edited November 2012
    Its wonderful you are continuing with the contest/s as it is such a great idea thanks to dear Seascape, who we all wish will be back with us soon.
    If you want the entries from the old thread here do let us know, so ppl can see and Rec without going back and forth. I will continue with mine soon as I get in game as I have thought how to get my price down :)

Hi becomingjenn some sites for Italian House names would be useful, I found
    http://www.housenameheritage.com/
    and I have chosen 'Nostro Palazzo', 'Our palace'

Lovely sneak peek romagi1 the room looks lovely, cant wait to see the rest.
    Hill

Yeah it would be helpful if you all wanted to post here. I didn't respond last night, because well, I just crashed (sleep come upon me fast and quick). I'm just thinking it would be helpful to the the old entries here as we still have a bit before closing, so that others can see what has been already done and start.
  • TheBuckeye5TheBuckeye5 Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    Thank you, Jenn, for making the thread, and big thanks to blu for sponsoring!
    Do we have to redo our entries on this thread, or are we supposed to keep them on the other one?

Thanks,

Ethan
  • readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thread looks great!!
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited November 2012
    WOW

What big changes to "come back to."

I wasn't really gone at all; just busy. In real life, the holiday and then doing some work around the house and putting up my Christmas tree.

And when bopping in here off an on, I had already submitted my entry here so I wasn't checking Seascape's original thread the last couple of days.

I have been working on a new build for Skymyst's Yule Cabin contest.

Just wow.

Thank you, Jen and Nik and blunote for taking it up.

I will help in any way I can. Just let me know what you need. My email is in my About Me.
    edited November 2012
    Here's a sneak peek at mine. Doing the landscaping first for once - nothing worse than trying to landscape on the dregs of your budget.

villawip2.jpg
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Good point Greencats. My landscaping always gets left til last!
    edited November 2012
    Do we have to redo our entries on this thread, or are we supposed to keep them on the other one?

Thanks,

Ethan

You can copy and paste would probably be better. All you have to do for your own page is to hit edit, and then copy the whole thing and past onto and new thread here. If worse comes to worse, I'll use the old thread...but if you could please copy it here, that would be good.
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited November 2012

Thanks,

Ethan

You can copy and paste would probably be better. All you have to do for your own page is to hit edit, and then copy the whole thing and past onto and new thread here. If worse comes to worse, I'll use the old thread...but if you could please copy it here, that would be good.

Okie dokie. Will do.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think I went a whole different direction than what simmers are showing so far. :? Anyway....

So Purdy with the lights and snow!

Screenshot-237.jpg

So Scary! I was Nooooo don't take them, I haven't got them uploaded yet!

Screenshot-235.jpg

• TheBuckeye5TheBuckeye5 Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    Here's my entry for the family:

NAME & LINK TO PAGE: TheBuckeye5 and http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/TheBuckeye5

LINK TO SIM FAMILY: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6671205

DESCRIPTION:The Walkers are the new people on the block in Naples, Italy. There's Jennifer, Kurt, and Liam.

SIM FAVORITES/PERSONALITY/CAREER: Jennifer is a chef with the traits Family-Oriented, Vegetarian, Natural Cook, Nurturing, and Green Thumb with the favorites of Autumn Salad, Lilac, and Pop Music. Kurt is in the military with the traits Brave, Genius, Handy, Good, Athletic with the favorites of Tri-Tip Steak, Black, and Classical music. Liam is in school with the traits Family-Oriented, Excitable, and Easily Impressed. His favorites are Hamburgers, Blue, and Kids Music.

PICTURES: original.jpg
    original.jpg

SLIDESHOW: These are some really nice photos, showcasing the family doing their stuff, and outfits.
    http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/user/Laminated211/library/
    The whole library consists of my photos for the competition.

Thanks, everyone! All of your entries are absolutely wonderful!

Ethan
    edited November 2012
    Wow, romagi, that's so pretty!! :thumbup:
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,761 Member
    edited November 2012
    Official Entry

For the Family: Kapello
    Name / link to your page: luckyheather
    Link to your Sim Family:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6669808
    Description:
    I gave Kurt Fishing as his hobby to combat any stress from his job and he will enjoy fishing on holidays with the family. Jennifer being in the photographer job can earn money while taking pictures on holiday and with more skill will take lovely pictures of her family to add to their new home. Liam is a fun child who enjoys being outside with his parents when mum is gardening or dad is fishing, I think Liam will enjoy learning to fish with his dad.
    I have dressed the family to suit the beautiful weather of Italy and in smart clothes that fit with being a military family.
    Sim Favorites/Personality/Career/Skills:
    Kurt
    Military Job just started.
    Loves the outdoors, Handy, Athletic, Charismatic, Angler
    Lifetime want. Become an Astronaught
    Likes, Tri Trip Steak, Spice Brown, Latin
    Skills. 1 Logic, 5 Athletic, 1 Charisma, 1 Inventing, I Handy, 1 Fishing
    Jennifer
    Photographers Job just started.
    Family Orientated, Natural Cook, Photographers eye, Loves the outdoors, Charismatic
    Lifetime want. Culinary Librarian
    Likes, Salad, Spice Brown, Latin
    Skills, 2 Cooking, 2 Charisma (3 with friends), 1 photography, 4 Gardening
    Liam
    Loves the outdoors, Genius, Friendly
    Skills, 3 Logic, 3 Writing
    Pictures:
    Screenshots
    Jennifer Gardening
    Jennifer2.jpg

Closeup of Jennifer