Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what should i do???

i'm hoping to get a new macbook pro 13'' because they look amazing. :wink:
Before i was thinking of getting a sony vaio :wink:

I was wondering what i could do to get my game to work with seasons
I thinking of getting windows 7 pro on bootcamp if i can get it.
I don't want any mods, only if there is one that works amazing with seasons.
I won't be getting any cc or store content. I'll just play the game without anything but the game and maybe a mod.

So pleaseee help! Any tricks, tips, anything! :mrgreen::(

Thanks a bunch! :D

Comments

• MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    You use your OS for so much more than just gaming. If I were you I wouldn't choose a new computer, just based on the fact if it plays Sims 3 or not. If you want Seasons that badly, you could always install bootcamp. Just make sure you get a computer with enough RAM to play it smootly.
  • belzice12belzice12 Posts: 94
    edited November 2012
    Maikenvv: I will be using it for alot more stuff then sims 3 and a few eps, but i just want to play sims 3 as well! :D Thank you!! ill be getting 8gb ram and lots harddisk space 750gb i think :mrgreen::wink:

I think ill just wait with sims 3 and get my laptop first and then when they make the patch ill put seasons and sims 3 and a few more eps on it:D xx
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    If it helps, only Showtime and Seasons caused problems for on Mac OS. The rest worked.
    edited November 2012
    Maikenvv: Thank you, i'm going to wait till they make the next patch! :D then ill put on seasons :-) until then ill play with sims 3 base, genarations and maybe ambitions and i won't patch it with the seasons patch just the patch that they need :D:) hopefully ea fixes it before christmas because that's when ill be getting my laptop :mrgreen::mrgreen::D:mrgreen: xox
  • AstorialAstorial Posts: 76
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to say I have a MBP and Seasons works just fine for me! I think the glitching with Seasons is in large part to do with having Supernatural installed, which I do not.
  • ccoolcatccoolcat Posts: 336 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Pets also causes a lot of problems.... if you are a horse person. I'm not sure if they fixed the bug yet but whenever I used to be on a lot with about 5 horses or more my game would crash. Seasons works for me surprisingly! I haven't exactly gone into actual play mode for that long but I made my sim self and my bf (hehe) and then made our house, aaand played for like 5 minutes without crashing! All my settings are on high too. I have a macbook pro for school and sims, I highly recommend it! It is such an upgrade from my old crappy Dell laptop :D
    edited November 2012
    Astorial: thats great to hear!! :D i wont be getting supernatural :wink:

ccoolcat: I used to play sims 3 on my imac - i never had any problems with it, like never only lagging. The first time i got lagging was after pets so i wont be getting pets for my macbook if it lags on an imac with higher specs :wink: even though i am a horse person :( xox and thanks you!!! :wink:
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    It's not Supernatural. I have all EPs apart from Showtime installed and my game is also working.
    apple-signature.png
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited November 2012
    I cant imagine playing the game without any cc. Even store content (which I think is causing the problem) The game would be reaaally rough. The creative part of the game is the best part! designing houses, building outfits.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    edited November 2012
    BluebellFlora: oh :shock: well i'm most likely not going to get it anyway :wink: do you have bootcamp/windows? or any mods xox

DeadFishy: I love building houses but cc doesn't really matter to me xox :wink:
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2012
    I installed all EPs include Seasons and Sps without Katey Perry Sweet Treats on my mack book pro 15 inches with retina display, 16GB Rams, SSD 768GBs, i7 2.9 GHz quad core processor. But I'm still worrying about the heat from underneath key pad. So you need a separate cooler which can set under the mbp. Seasons is working fine for me and no glitches from pets. I personally think, to play the sims 3 with all Eps, I recommend a good spec of computer and it works much better. I noticed how much faster with a new CPU processor than old one. Also I'm using CCs and Store items as well but works perfectly good. Even I don't feel any freezing or lagging with my mbp. I'm looking after a dog at the moment and everything works very good. If you'd like to get a new mbp for the sims 3, I absolutely agree with your decision.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    No mods or 3rd party CC, lots of Store stuff though. I'm playing in OS X, not Windows.
    apple-signature.png