March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

envira_x and Brightly...Get your simselves in here!

YOU GUYS!!!!!!! SEASONS????
I can't remotely believe you did this for me - I've been sitting here with my jaw in my lap for the last five minutes trying to wrap my head around what I was reading!

I try not to do thank you threads so as not to attract beggars to your generosity, but I gifted out my last simpoints in a contest & can't send you a message to thank you.

So forgive the thread, but I wanted to get you both in one place and thank you properly. (plus, I needed a place where I can come running for install help because I'm a complete technophobe! But I digress...)

So thank you, thank you, THANK you, from the bottom of my newly leaf-cluttered, frosty, rainy little heart! You guys are out of this world! (Dives in for group hug)

Comments

• mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited November 2012
    Awww congrats hun, I'm really glad that this has happened to you. This is definately the pick me up you needed.

*hugs* to Brighty and enviro for being so generous and amazing. :D:D:D
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Aren't they wonderful? There's so many simmers who deserve this more than I do - I feel guilty about taking it! (of course, not guilty enough to refuse it! *hangs head in shame)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    so sweet of them congrats
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    You are WELCOME, you delightful little bucketful-of-joy!!

1.gif

We LOVE you, jilly! And we're so thrilled that we could surprise you!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Play, enjoy, have fun -- you deserve it! ((tackles Brighty and Jilly in a warm bear-hug))
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for your thoughtful words, anette & mcs! :D
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, guys! Surprised doesn't cover it! I saw a gift pop up and I thought, "Aw. How sweet!" Then I opened it and fell on the floor!

Here comes the part where you begin to regret what you've done...I've never downloaded a game before, and I don't know the first thing I need to do! (feel free to point and laugh!)
    edited November 2012
    Jilly... eh I don't know how to either... I suspect you got a code you need to enter somewhere....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited November 2012
    Yup. I have the code,(from Amazon) but not a clue where to enter it! Hopefully my generous and sneaky friends will come back and walk me thru it!
    edited November 2012
    my gues... is either at amazon... or at origin....
    edited November 2012
    I've been all over Amazon & I'm not seeing a place to do it there - maybe Origin?

Come back Brightly & envira! Come deal with what you have wrought! Lol!
    edited November 2012
    Here comes the part where you begin to regret what you've done...I've never downloaded a game before, and I don't know the first thing I need to do! (feel free to point and laugh!)

Wanna know the really funny part? Brighty and I have never downloaded a game either!! We're both quite timid about technology -- that's why we ganged-up on you. We thought it would take TWO of us to figure out how to gift you the code! Bwahahahahaha!

This will be an hilarious spectacle, for sure! :lol:

Well, I *know* that you MUST download the Origins program ((I'm sorry, Jilly. . .)) and enter your code through that. Then you will be registered, and you'll be able to download and install from Origins.

As or the rest. . . we should ask one of the awesome tech-goddesses on the board for that info. Someone like blu or crin or the like. . . They would know what to do!
    edited November 2012
    I've been all over Amazon & I'm not seeing a place to do it there - maybe Origin?

Come back Brightly & envira! Come deal with what you have wrought! Lol!

Hahahahahaha! :P

I promise I won't leave you -- we'll figure-out the scary-download together. . .

You won't be able to download from Amazon -- because it is tied to my account. But I did not install it (naturally, or it would be stuck with me and I could not gift it to you). I got the Product Keys (registration code).

You will need to use Origins. . . Unfortunately, I have never used it, so I'm not familiar with it. Which of our friends uses downloads rather than discs -- they will be able to tell us what to do.

WOW -- aren't we a motley little crew of technophobes? :P ((hugs jilly)) I won't leave you all alone. . .
    edited November 2012
    This is great - someone should film this for Youtube! Ha ha ha!

I already have Origin (I think - don't we have to?) So I'll go poke around there. It'll give me time to back up my game!
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited November 2012
    I see the eeeevilll Envira struck again! I received my copy of Seasons in the mail from her.

Jilly-Just download the Origin manager, and use your Sims site info. After you log in, click the word Origin in the top left hand corner and go to redeem product code. You will get some confirmation screens and then it will show up in your launcher along with all your other games that are registered on the EA site and the Sims 3 site.

Go to the Seasons box icon and hit download. The rest is self explanatory. :)

Good luck! I use the DD all the time, although I do have the discs for most. I just prefer to not have a disc in the comp all the time, so I download. :)

Btw, my game runs like a dream after downloading AND there are a ton of things from the other eps that were not in the game before. :) So AWESOME! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
    edited November 2012
    Yay, faithy to the rescue! ((hugs faith))

And sorry about the disc, Faithy -- I would have sent you a code, too -- but I didn't actually know how to purchase one until yesterday. (I had to ask ashleykaymay to teach me how to purchase it! Hah!)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited November 2012
    congrats. :)
    :) Smile!

• Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited November 2012
    Accchh! :0 I like having the discs, so don't be sorry. That way I always have a physical copy if Origin goes belly up. I just like to download right now, because my comp is old and it saves wear and tear on my dvd rom. :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
    edited November 2012
    Bless you, Faith! I just did a HUGE clean-out of my game so it would be good to go for for Flashmob & Secret Santa. :)
    I'm backing up now, and then I've got this page saved to walk my thru it.
    Thanks, Faith!

(And seriously - you guys will be getting it like crazy once I get a job!)

Hey, puddin'! Thanks!
    edited November 2012
    OK, downloading now! I don't want to jinx myself, but that was ridiculously easy! (knocks on wood-like substance of computer desk)

I never knew that Origin word was even clickable - Faith thank you so much! I would've been fumbling around for hours!

20% so far...
  • BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited November 2012
    So sorry to be late! I had a 3 hour night class to go to! :shock:

You're so welcome sweet Jilly, but really all credit should go to dear Envira! :D I just did some research for her. ;)
    edited November 2012
    ((hugs Brighty))

Don't be a goose, girly! You are PRICELESS -- and I needed A LOT more than just a little help! :P
  • BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited November 2012
    envira_x wrote:
    ((hugs Brighty))

Don't be a goose, girly! You are PRICELESS -- and I needed A LOT more than just a little help! :P
    D'aww! :oops:

aoeuuqn
  • SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited November 2012
    :mrgreen: Glad to see they got you, too! They hit me with it (with the direction of Terrylin! LOL) And I was wondering how to download it, also :lol: I have been searching Amazon, also and was about to try Origin. Glad I'm not the only one :lol::mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    Hey, Sandy! Thanks, and congratz on yours, too! Lol! Luckily Faith's instructions were nice and simple, and spot on. While you're here, I've been looking for you - I owe you a stove or a 100 pt item of your choice - let me know what you'd like and it's yours!

I got my carnival and was so happy I forgot to take pics! I'll be back with some in the morning, since it's after midnight. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited November 2012
    I just typed the code into the register a game here on the Sims website, it was then added to my Origin launcher and I was able to download and install from there. Just click the buttons it tells you too.