We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

███ ADDENBROOKE, NEW BETA READY + lots of pics pg31

Comments

• LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited November 2012
    bookmarked!!
  • AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Very, very pretty.

I hope this really awesome project of yours will be finished soon. =)
  • joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Jesus Christ when is this going to be on the exchange?! It's so awesome!!
  • ShangriiShangrii Posts: 281 New Member
    edited November 2012
    estyle36 wrote:
    I. Am. Speechless.

O-O
    <3333
    I saw some pictures of your world in winter and it looked fantastic too!
    TRachet wrote:
    Wow!

I can't wait!

And I saw one of your posts mentioned something about CAW still dead... di you update it to the compatible one with 1.42?
    Thank you! CAW works now, I reinstalled it last night. I'm just gonna play until winter really kicks in and I can get some great screenshots, the I'll go back to finishing the world (:
    Lokendra wrote:
    bookmarked!!
    Glad you like it!
    Very, very pretty.

I hope this really awesome project of yours will be finished soon. =)
    Me too! I'm so close to finishing, but at the same time I keep thinking of things to do xD Mostly decorating interiors. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 houses. ;3;
    joerosen62 wrote:
    Jesus Christ when is this going to be on the exchange?! It's so awesome!!
    Soon I hope! <3333
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited November 2012
    Woot, so happy for you :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Volz83Volz83 Posts: 171
    edited November 2012
    I am so sorry to ask this, I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before but what empty lot sizes will their be? Like, 50x50, 60x60 or something? I know you said their will be an empty 64x64
    edited November 2012
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Woot, so happy for you :)
    <3
    Volz83 wrote:
    I am so sorry to ask this, I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before but what empty lot sizes will their be? Like, 50x50, 60x60 or something? I know you said their will be an empty 64x64
    It's okay!
    There are:
    1x 64x64
    2x 50x50
    2x 50x30
    4x 40x40
    2x 40x30
    2x 30x30
    3x 30x20
    1x 15x20

There is also space around the world for more lots if you wanted to place them.

____
    CAW is being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again, I moved a lot and it crashed. Gonna have to read into why it's being such a pain.
    edited November 2012
    So I've started building in-game, so that when caw finally works well for me I can just transfer everything. I've also been playing into winter, so there are a load of winter screenshots too c:

Here is the festival lot in autumn:
    screenshot2xs.jpg

screenshot4bi.jpg

screenshot5vn.jpg

screenshot6cr.jpg

screenshot7om.jpg

And here is winter in the world!
    screenshot20mh.jpg
    Frozen river, leading up to one of the main lakes

screenshot25fg.jpg
    One of the old train stations, converted into a small cottage and farm

screenshot29tz.jpg
    The haunted mansion... doesn't look as scary with christmas lights

screenshot32ft.jpg
    One of my favourite victorian-esque homes

screenshot34e.jpg
    I only got a few pictures of the city part before my game crashed, this one is of the posh square & dog park

screenshot35gm.jpg
    My favourite house!!

screenshot40eh.jpg
    The old train station home again, along with some great countryside

screenshot43xa.jpg
    A treehouse in the forest

screenshot46o.jpg
    Countryside frozen pond

screenshot48gx.jpg
    An icy beach! I might use the season sphere thing to get rid of the umbrellas and deck chairs during winter. Or I might not because it would take forever, idk

screenshot49c.jpg
    Supernatural pub

screenshot50t.jpg
    Big show lot/caravan park in distance

screenshot54g.jpg
    The fairy cottage

screenshot55vao.jpg
    Part of the countryside with fields, with the fairy cottage in the background.

• TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yay for winter! It looks unbelievable!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited November 2012
    Beautiful :)
    Now I have to go back and look at all of the supernatural pictures you had posted.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    edited November 2012
    caw is ******* awful atm, i can hardly edit anything. i guess i'll just finish making lots in the main game while i wait for them to fix it, because i can't do anything in caw without it crashing immediately, or place lots in edit in game

sucks man
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    Shangrii wrote:
    caw is ******* awful atm, i can hardly edit anything. i guess i'll just finish making lots in the main game while i wait for them to fix it, because i can't do anything in caw without it crashing immediately, or place lots in edit in game

sucks man

I'm so sorry to hear! I hope they find a fix, and hopefully soon-ish.
    edited November 2012
    I'm guessing it is the patch that EA released. Right now I'm having a problem with CAS where it crashes when I'm editing clothes. How about you?
    edited November 2012
    I think what I'm going to do is make & edit all my lots to be ready in-game in sims 3, since I have a fairly recent version from just before the patch.
    I've made a new save-file of Addenbrooke, and deleted all the lots so I can work on 100% completing the painting, landscape and everything else, and then I can re-add the lots and upload the file.
    I think that's the only way to do it, if I keep the lots CAW crashes almost instantly, no matter what I do, and Edit-In_Game has started ******* up recently.

I was going to make my world one where it came with all the sims and families and things, but I think I'll make a save file, it's much safer to do.

@joemy normal game is fine without mods luckily ;3;
  • liquidyliquidy Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow. I honestly can't wait for this to be released :shock:
    edited November 2012
    @liquidy, thank you! I'm not sure when it will be release, since caw is very temperamental but I have holidays soon so it shouldn't be too long!

______

been playing with caw, it works great without most buildings. Here's a screenshot from CAW, I'm painting and decorating the distant unroutable terrain atm, and I need to repaint a lot of other areas that aren't interesting enough.

59755366.jpg
    92441217.jpg
    60514070.jpg
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2012
    Question: Will this world be pre-populated when we download it? Or maybe an option to download a save file?

I apologise if this has been asked before and you've answered it before. c;

And I really love this world. Its practically what I've been looking for for a while. Unfortunately, it will probably make my poor little mac crash :(
    edited November 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    Question: Will this world be pre-populated when we download it? Or maybe an option to download a save file?

I apologise if this has been asked before and you've answered it before. c;

And I really love this world. Its practically what I've been looking for for a while. Unfortunately, it will probably make my poor little mac crash :(
    when I first release it for beta it won't, but I plan to have a proper release that will have a save file :)

I hope it works well on your computer! My computer is 3 years old and it runs the world well! (:
    edited November 2012
    when I first release it for beta it won't, but I plan to have a proper release that will have a save file :)

I hope it works well on your computer! My computer is 3 years old and it runs the world well! (:

ooooooh yay! :p

But yours is a windows computer, right? My mac is a 2010 macbook pro that crashes in CAS and Live mode. A bit hard to play aha. I haven't even seen Autumn yet! :(

Although, I'm very tempted just to go and buy windows 7 to install it into bootcamp on my mac just to play this world without extreme lag and issues.
    edited November 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    ooooooh yay! :p

But yours is a windows computer, right? My mac is a 2010 macbook pro that crashes in CAS and Live mode. A bit hard to play aha. I haven't even seen Autumn yet! :(

Although, I'm very tempted just to go and buy windows 7 to install it into bootcamp on my mac just to play this world without extreme lag and issues.
    ahh yeah, it might be hard then. I hope windows 7 works, that's higher than my specs!

Autumn is so fun, and winter is even better. Hopefully it'll get a bit better for you. 83
  • Volz83Volz83 Posts: 171
    edited November 2012
    ooo man I can't wait for this world! I haven't played seasons yet so I'm really excited to see it with your world!
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I really am loving the screenshots, keep em coming! :)
    edited November 2012
    Another quick question...
    What size is this world? Like, 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 etc. ?
    edited November 2012
    Hey Shangrii, are you sure this town will work with Seasons because I have been trying to play with other worlds from the exchange and they crash my game. I love your world and I want to utilize it, but I just don't want it constaintly crashing my game. Also if I don't get your CC for this world and the store content then it will be replaced right?
    edited November 2012
    @Volz83 it is really fun with seasons so far, but I haven't got to spring yet!

@MATZ I'll post some new ones tomorrow C:

@itsaprilXD
    I'm not sure, I guess just large?

@joerosen62
    it works 100% for me if I don't use mods, an outdated one (not sure which) caused crashing, but without them it's fine. the version i am playing if from before the patch, i don't know if that would make a difference or not

if you don't download the cc it will just replace, not crash. I think not having the store content (I am working to get rid of all the store content now, i don't think it's needed) would be fine, but the world will look a lot worse without the cc fences, since they really influence the town architecture, especially in the city. basically, it'll just look crap but if you're fine with that then whatever