Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tech issue with a lot of your users

Do not move this to the mac board, or the suggestion board. Us mac users want answers. Why does your game not work on my BRAND NEW computer?! I have way beyond the specs needed. But I shell out 40 dollars for a new game that works for 5 minutes. That 1.42 patch or super patch gives me 20 minutes of game play tops. Come up with some answers and stop ignoring us. Read the mac board, every post for the last 3 days has been that

seasons does not work, do not by seasons for a mac, why doesnt patch 1.42 fix my issues, dont waste your money and time on seasons.

All these posts end with no answers because you tech people are ignoring us and moving us to another board that no one will see or look at. 90% of these mac only boards end with a version of "waste of my money, EA has lost me as a customer" do you really want that?! No?! Than do something!!!!!!!!

Comments

• char_ry2011char_ry2011 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited November 2012
    DO NOT GET SEASONS FOR MAC!

Although I have a BRAND NEW iMac with MORE than enough specs to run this game, and it is a GREAT game to play. But EA obviously doesn't test ANY of their games on apple products, thus why we are ALL having this problem!
  • DylanhansenDylanhansen Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    Truth tea has been spilt
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    And they moved it again. They just don't care. Not buying something from EA ever again is starting to sound better and better.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited November 2012
    And they'll continue to move it. Not that I'm a frustrated Mac user, but as an FYI, they'll eventually stop moving it and just start locking them instead. You also might get warnings or bans for your efforts.
  • willowsomethingwillowsomething Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2012
    Macs are always extremely tempermental when it comes to playing video games. they just arent built to handle high complexity games with ease.

I suspect that since the majority of gamers are pc users, the game is programed in pc, then ported to mac. give them time, and they should be able to find fixes, but it will take longer because, again, pc's users are the norm for video games. they are going to have to work through a smaller base of reports to try to pinpoint whats causing the problems.

you need to understand also that the forums are not the proper place for this. you have to contact support with your problems. Forums can be good for simple technical fixes, but the complexity of finding the bigger glitches and bugs is done through the support system.

the forum moderators are not tech support.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited November 2012
    Your best bet to get the game working well on a Mac is probably just to buy a copy of Windows 7 and dual boot. Apple gives you the software you need to do it and a simple tutorial on their site to walk you through it.
    34336_s.gif
  • neemibeemineemibeemi Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't have a mac and mine still crashes!
  • DandymilkDandymilk Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Guys, if this is a new kind of glitch where you almost cant play at all (not one of the other million ones, that are somewhat bearable) make sure you update your Mods or the game wont work. Specially Overwatch. enjoy.
  • ArdeniiaArdeniia Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    Macs are always extremely tempermental when it comes to playing video games. they just arent built to handle high complexity games with ease.

I suspect that since the majority of gamers are pc users, the game is programed in pc, then ported to mac. give them time, and they should be able to find fixes,

And you have NO idea what you're talking about. Sims 3 isn't ported to Mac, if it was we wouldn't be in this dire situation. Sure, TS2 wasn't perfect but as long as it was ported to Mac (by Aspyr) it worked. Now we have the same copy as PC users and the game is just wrapped in cider to force it to work on Macs. It's not pretty, it's not working but hey, at least it's cheaper for EA - and cheaper means bigger revenues, right??

And anyone suggesting to try the game without mods to see if it works is clearly a super genius. Because that wouldn't be the first step we do... And if anyone paid any attention to what is actually being said here: Seasons does not work on Mac, even with a fresh, vanilla install with completely clean and new neighborhoods. It just does not work. And yes, I am frustrated. By now they should have done something about this. And if this isn't the right place to come to when the Sims game I paid my husband's very hard earned money for, isn't working then where??
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have an idea for how EA can get the Mac users to shut up. It's really novel. And if they do it, it'll have a 100% success rate.

What is the idea? Fix the game so it works on Macs. Because, really, I'm among many who are tired of seeing Mac complaint threads dumped here. All it does is make the Mac users' problem our problem as well.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have an idea for how EA can get the Mac users to shut up. It's really novel. And if they do it, it'll have a 100% success rate.

What is the idea? Fix the game so it works on Macs. Because, really, I'm among many who are tired of seeing Mac complaint threads dumped here. All it does is make the Mac users' problem our problem as well.

If it annoys you, don't comment on them. It's that simple.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013
    Corey785 wrote:

Well, personally, I would rather they implement my idea. Since EA is not going to stop dumping the topics here, it would at least end the issue.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited January 2013
    Corey785 wrote:

Well, personally, I would rather they implement my idea. Since EA is not going to stop dumping the topics here, it would at least end the issue.

I agree, I'm a Mac user myself. But they haven't even adressed the issue.
  • MegalegMegaleg Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    Are people still having this issue? Cause I am, and I don't own seasons OR supernatural!!! It is SO frustrating to not be able to play :(
  • karenkentkarenkent Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    I'm still getting frequent crashes every 15-20 minutes or so. I think it's actually got to do with the superpatch and not seasons, as although it was crashing a lot it wasn't nearly as bad as it is when they did the update for Island Paradise.
    I have done everything recommended including completely uninstalling all the games and reinstalling. Suffice to say EA will not be getting any more of my money, they know where they can shove any further expansion packs for Sims 3 and Sims 4 when it comes out.
    Not interested, they are a shoddy company and they leave unfixed bugs across a wide range of their games not just the Sims.

The problem is that they have no competition. They are the only company that develops these kind of games. If they did, we might see a better service.

However, important to note, I do not blame the software developers at all (who are quite brilliant I think).

I work in IT myself and am well aware that it will be the Venture Capitalists with shares in the company who are putting the pressure on to get more and more expansion packs out without the full range of tests required and fixing the base code of the core game before going any further - they don't care, they are :evil: and only care about money.

If you want to go on playing then, you just have to make sure you save your game every time an event occurs or you build something or change an outfit so that at least you don't have to keep repeating the same actions.