Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No ppl at festivsals

I am the only one going to the festivals, not one other person there other then vendors. ANyone elese?

Comments

• sugarstepssugarsteps Posts: 210 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wait a minute, people will show up :D
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2012
    Saaaame here. I'll have one or two townies, and then 2 other townies working the booth. Thats about it :(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    It may just be another incidence of LN's Empty Club Syndrome -- I've only done the Summer Festival so far but it seemed like there were a few more people there on the actual holiday.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • hockeychick23hockeychick23 Posts: 136
    edited November 2012
    For the summer festival it was pretty empty for me. The first day of the fall festival had a lot of people there, which was surprising to me. I usually bring people on a group outing to ensure there will be people there. I don't know how the rest of the festival has been, it's been storming for days now.
  • Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Smae problem here. Besides my two sims and the two vending sims, the most I have seen is three others. This is including at the Summer festival, Fall festival, and Winter.
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Make familys with 8 sims and move them into houses so even if one family turn up your still a lot of sims x
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think my problem is having a large family. When they go it is 8 people. I don't mind because they are each oters best friends. I only play large families so I guess I may never know.
  • CamzLovezSimzCamzLovezSimz Posts: 42 New Member
    edited November 2012
    There were hardly any people at mine either because they were all busy doing this:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've attended around or more than 12 festivals so far. I mostly just have 1 other townie there, but most I've ever had there was 2. :lol:
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Jerr217Jerr217 Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. No sims were at the festivals, none show up for the club either. I have thrown parties and no one has showed up for that either lol However I have noticed that a lot of sims go to the bistro. Seems like the whole town just go and sit at the bistro smh...
  • LishaFTWLishaFTW Posts: 49 New Member
    edited November 2012
    That's odd, I tend to have a lot of Sims at my festivals. Maybe it's due to your system specs? (The more sims at a location, the more system intensive the game becomes). Then again, I don't really know what to suggest! :(

Mine get busier during the afternoon, especially after school/work has finished for most sims for obvious reasons. Perhaps you may be seeing less sims because of that?
  • lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited November 2012
    This thread shows you how to get more sims at the lots that your sim is at::

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/307092.page

wherever my sim goes there are other sims there too, unless its "no visitors allowed". really helped my game, and I have Late Night too -- clubs are now REALLY crowded lol!!

• leroyaumeleroyaume Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Ok so i sometimes have the same problem but the big one for me is that at the the hot dog stand or in the other 3, i cant buy anything!!! There is nothing to buy!!! Not even one hotdog!!!! Cn someone help please?
  • xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Weird that you're experiencing that. For me, there's always plenty of people there. During the summer festival, it was mostly active at night due to sims being at school/work during the day. And it was always lots of fun. Same for the fall festival :) Haven't experienced winter yet.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's unfortunate, my festivals have been bustling so far. Try getting a Sim with the Legendary Host lifetime reward to throw a party there so plenty of Sims will show up.
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited November 2012
    Im guessing it depends on how many sims you actually have in your world i have tons therefore i get plenty of people at my festival, my suggestion is to add more sims or throw a party at the festival location to get people to come
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't have problems with haveing guests... but some times there is nobody at the stands.... I wish I knew how to summon a sim to do that job....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have not had any problems with people at my festivals. I have a pretty good computer though but I don't know if the amount of sims is based on that. I also have the "Townies Out on the Town" mod by Shimrod.
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sounds like "Late Night empty clubs Syndrome". What this basically is the game looks at your pc's specs (namely your cpu/processor) and calculates how many sims it can handle on that specific lot. The higher your pc's cpu specs are, the more sims will show up. The lower your cpu..the less sims you have.

I get around 16 to 18 sims (may be higher as I have not counted,2 of which are the stall merchants.

I also get 2 horses that turn up periodically (strange since I have horses turned off) :?

But in generall my festival lots are pretty lively
  • shanathechoochshanathechooch Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had this issue in Bridgeport and it seems like I fixed it by bulldozing the festival lot and replacing it with a new copy from the community lots catalog (there was one in there for all worlds I think). Now my festivals have plenty of sims! I'm not sure why this fixed it but it did.
  • mandyamandya Posts: 575 Member
    edited November 2012
    I haven't had this problem yet. Everytime I go to a Festival the amount of townies increase like at the Winter Festival there were 10 townies and my 3 sims it was amazing ^__^