Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• PETD33PETD33 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2012
    Moonlight Falls don't work for me. Whenever I tried to play a family, there is no sims to control. They are stuck, I have no idea how to remove the problem. I tried nearly everything :(
  • FogwglFogwgl Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    Fairy toddlers' wings go through toy boxes when they play inside... Eeyup
    edited November 2012
    Raven1988 wrote:
    Why are the gardening glitches STILL not fixed? they're basically game breaking.

I have no gardening glitches whatsoever...
    edited November 2012
    After creating a vampire in CAS and I load my house, the vampires always have normal skin, but still the same eyes and vampiric abilities.

I use no CC, only a bit of store content and Supernatural is my only EP
  • Raven1988Raven1988 Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:
    Raven1988 wrote:
    Why are the gardening glitches STILL not fixed? they're basically game breaking.

Count yourself lucky. Tend garden doesn't work, they just stop after the first plant, plants only yield once, then are forever stuck in "harvest" life state, with nothing to actually harvest among other things.

I'm also having a glitch that started since installing seasons in which the music that i think typically plays after completing a wish is on constant loop.
  • NepinRithNepinRith Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    regarding the manual patch of 1.39. maybe I'm a bit daft, but I just am not understanding how to go about loading it from this link you provided on the front page: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/patch-1-39.html

main reason I need to get this patch is for my friends computer, she is not able to use her launcher, and she does not have any downloadable content on her computer for the sims 3. I don't know why her launcher has been broken from the start but that is how it has been ever since I placed them on there for here. Now that I placed my supernatural disk on her computer it is promoting to update with the 1.39 patch, but her launcher refuses to launch.

which brings be to here, confused at what exactly I am supped to so when I get into the link you provided to update her so that she can play online.. (she has widows 7, and all proper specs)
    edited November 2012
    Raven1988 wrote:
    Fogwgl wrote:
    Raven1988 wrote:

Count yourself lucky. Tend garden doesn't work, they just stop after the first plant, plants only yield once, then are forever stuck in "harvest" life state, with nothing to actually harvest among other things.

I'm also having a glitch that started since installing seasons in which the music that i think typically plays after completing a wish is on constant loop.

You could try reseting sims for the gardening glitch, if that helps. And does that work on all your households?
    edited November 2012
    NepinRith wrote:
    regarding the manual patch of 1.39. maybe I'm a bit daft, but I just am not understanding how to go about loading it from this link you provided on the front page: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/patch-1-39.html

main reason I need to get this patch is for my friends computer, she is not able to use her launcher, and she does not have any downloadable content on her computer for the sims 3. I don't know why her launcher has been broken from the start but that is how it has been ever since I placed them on there for here. Now that I placed my supernatural disk on her computer it is promoting to update with the 1.39 patch, but her launcher refuses to launch.

which brings be to here, confused at what exactly I am supped to so when I get into the link you provided to update her so that she can play online.. (she has widows 7, and all proper specs)

Mine use to do that, try running Sims as administrator (Right-click then run as administrator, box will pop up, click yes, sims launcher should open)? It's probably because Sims is such a huge file. I always have to run as administrator. Also try restarting her computer is administrator doesn't work.
  • NepinRithNepinRith Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:
    NepinRith wrote:

Mine use to do that, try running Sims as administrator (Right-click then run as administrator, box will pop up, click yes, sims launcher should open)? It's probably because Sims is such a huge file. I always have to run as administrator. Also try restarting her computer is administrator doesn't work.

ah, with much luck I went back to the super patch page to realize that the super patch had been updated. so I gave it a shot and downloaded it, and now she can play online with no problem.

Still having the issue with her launcher though.

I've tried to run as administrator, but with a bunch of no luck still. when she's off I will make sure that she is running on a user that has admin privileges.

I'm wondering if there is a way for her to log onto my computer. initiate her downloads to instal content into her game that she has bought. and then to transfer the installed content back over to her computer.
  • LoraMermaidLoraMermaid Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    When my Witch uses Fire Blast and sets a Sim on Fire, it seems instead of the Sim dieing, he/she just disappears but is still alive. Why wont they die?
  • Raven1988Raven1988 Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:
    Raven1988 wrote:
    Fogwgl wrote:
    Raven1988 wrote:

You could try reseting sims for the gardening glitch, if that helps. And does that work on all your households?

I take it you mean the resetsim console command? No that didn't work. I have the mod i think it's called Overwatch, it seems to have fixed the worst of the gardening problems, however, like others, the ghost hunter profession is also completely broken, however i'm not certain if this was caused by Supernatural or by Seasons.
    edited November 2012
    When my Witch uses Fire Blast and sets a Sim on Fire, it seems instead of the Sim dieing, he/she just disappears but is still alive. Why wont they die?

They don't die, just get singed o.o
  • LoraMermaidLoraMermaid Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:

Yes, they get singed or they are set on fire and do their "ah ah ah I'm on fire!!" dance. But after a few mins of dancing around they stop and disappear..instead of triggering the reaper.... O-o
  • falexandrefalexandre Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone, I hope I am in the right place. I tried searching for an answer on a couple of sites and am not having any luck. I'm not sure what is going on, but every time I create a vampire in CAS the vampire looks how I want them too with normal/pale skintone. After I am done creating them and actually start playing the game it changes to a normal skintone (human skin), but will still look normal in the hud. Any clue why this happens and how I can fix it? :(
  • PeinX6XSAGEPeinX6XSAGE Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    I've already made a thread about this in Technical Issues/Difficulties Subforum but I'll ask here too.

So I got the Sims 3 Plus Supernatural on Wednesday and it's been working 100% but yesterday I found out that the building icons don't show up when I enter "Map" Mode so I can't just click a building and click what I want to do. It only seemed to effect my Young Adult Sims and it didn't effect my baby (I could see building icons in Map mode only with the baby) but now I can't see any of the building icons with any of my Sims including the baby. I can see building icons when in town editor or throwing parties and deciding where I want to hold it but thats about it. Is this problem a bug? Is this something that happens during story progression and gets better quickly? Is anyone else experiencing this? Please I need help on this.

Other than this, I've had absolutely no problems with the game
  • thesimslover82884thesimslover82884 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:

Yes, they get singed or they are set on fire and do their "ah ah ah I'm on fire!!" dance. But after a few mins of dancing around they stop and disappear..instead of triggering the reaper.... O-o
    Fire Blasting Sims doesn't kill them, I've tried Fire Blast on a Sim and it didn't hurt them only singed them. I guess EA didn't want the spell to kill them. Just cast Fire Blast on the ground, if a Sim catches fire, it will kill them then. The disappearing is a glitch.
  • thesimslover82884thesimslover82884 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The Gem cutter bug, may not be a bug at all. If you click gems in a Sims inventory with the Gem Cutter on the same lot as your Sim, it'll say cut with machine. Clicking the Gem Cutter itself does nothing, you have to click on the gems. I was confused about this to, until I saw clicking on the machine, isn't how you cut gems with the machine.
  • RailugeRailuge Posts: 184
    edited November 2012
    Fogwgl wrote:

Fire Blasting Sims doesn't kill them, I've tried Fire Blast on a Sim and it didn't hurt them only singed them. I guess EA didn't want the spell to kill them. Just cast Fire Blast on the ground, if a Sim catches fire, it will kill them then. The disappearing is a glitch.
    Mine died. Had to let the fire consume him but it took about 20 tries to do it.
  • AthenaGrkGoddessAthenaGrkGoddess Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Is there any word on when the gardening glitch is going to be fixed? It's getting very annoying. I had to quit my gardener Sim job because of it. Also not sure if it matters but I started having this issue when I installed Seasons. In Supernatural it was fine. I'm almost tempted to uninstall Seasons till it's fixed
  • KakiniKakini Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I might have missed a fix for this, but I'm having major issues with witch sims not driving their preferred vehicle. I estimate that 90% of the time they will ride a generic, unowned broom, regardless of if their vehicle is in their own inventory or a parking space. I have tested every mode of tranportation: automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, brooms, etc. and this issue presents itself almost every time. I should mention that I run my game vanilla.
  • CancerCrabCancerCrab Posts: 81 New Member
    edited December 2012
    This profession came from Ambitions and has been working perfectly on Katy Perry's Showtime until I installed Supernatural expansion.

Whenever, I do any kind of job, it causes a bug that differs from each type of job. When I banish spirits out of a house, it finishes the job, before I banish all the spirits. When I find and eliminate ghosts, I use the device to try to detect them, but they do not appear, therefore, making it impossible to complete that type of job. When I have to exorcise spirits out of objects in a house, I have a small chance of creating a bug that causes the ghost hunter sim to reset back to his own home. Once this bug happens, that house becomes permanently bugged. Each night, that same house stays haunted with the same job and doesn't reset. I tried resetting the house, the sims on that house, but the job doesn't go away.

Does anyone have any of these three problems with their ghost hunter profession?
  • desjackson77desjackson77 Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2012
    What is a bump?
    I am not throwing away my shot
  • rjday21rjday21 Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I recently installed Supernatural and didn't have too many issues, but lately I have been having quite a few. I saw a lot of posts about the ghost hunting profession issues (i.e. ghostly presence jobs) and the opportunites not compelting. Today I had a new issue that I havne't seen in the forum. I married the sim I created to a townie (a fairy...if that matters) and they get married but the townie doesn't move in. Has anyone else has the marriage issue? I know I can move the townie out and then merge the houses, but I shouldn't have to! Any help would be great! :)
  • cynthia_ltfucynthia_ltfu Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    i have a question, for anyone who could help. I bought Supernatural a few days ago. I installed it earlier today, & everything went fine. BUT, everytime i open the game launcher to try to play, it says "No game disk found! Please insert the Sims 3 Seasons disk before proceeding". (i also have seasons installed). If someone could help me with this issue i would greatly appreciate it! I'm dying to try out the newest game, but am having no luck. :/ Thank you so much in advance!
  • AstroTurfItAstroTurfIt Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2012
    rjday21 wrote:
    I recently installed Supernatural and didn't have too many issues, but lately I have been having quite a few. I saw a lot of posts about the ghost hunting profession issues (i.e. ghostly presence jobs) and the opportunites not compelting. Today I had a new issue that I havne't seen in the forum. I married the sim I created to a townie (a fairy...if that matters) and they get married but the townie doesn't move in. Has anyone else has the marriage issue? I know I can move the townie out and then merge the houses, but I shouldn't have to! Any help would be great! :)

I've also had this problem. I read elsewhere on the site that this is an issue with the latest patch, and is fixed if you install Seasons (what an expensive fix!). They are working on correcting it for the rest of us, though.

Also, you can move them in using the friendly move-in. It's a lot easier than splitting up households. Hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top