Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't register my sims 3 seasons

I am not able to register my sims 3 seasons which I had downloaded though origin, onto my windows computer.

any help would be much appreciated. I would like to register my game. :3

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Oaklands96Oaklands96 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited November 2012
    what like register when you download it or onto your profile online?
  • Options
    NepinRithNepinRith Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    Like when you register it through the site.

my promo code worked for my extra content.
    just can't get it to register through the site or through origin. origin actually tells me I already used it. But it appears no where on my page.
  • Options
    misscorrinemisscorrine Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    I'm having this issue too, I never had an issue before with registering my games so I found it odd when it told me that it was invalid. Without registering, I cannot get the ice lounge. It's odd, tried everything. :hunf:
  • Options
    samanthajperrysamanthajperry Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I am also having this problem.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2012
    same problem
  • Options
    1fallqueen1fallqueen Posts: 529 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. The registration gifts (wall paper :roll: ) is in my history, edit to addshoot now that's gone! Seasons doesn't show up under registered games. I also am not able to get the ice lounge, but I am not sure I am entitled to it. I thought the version I bought included it; I could have been mistaken. But I was able to access the costumes.

• Options
    DreDizzleDreDizzle Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Never had a problem registering any games in the past so this is frustrating. I chatted with Origin's Help and didn't really get any where except to know that they are aware of the issue.

Origin's Response:
    I understand how disappointing it is. Some of the customers have reported this issue. Our developers are aware of it and are working for a resolution. We appreciate your patience while the issue is being looked into.

I asked him/her if I should expect an email when it's resolved but they just said keep an eye on the forums for news. blah.
    My Sims 3 Story Blog: https://simasota.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bigfacealbigfaceal Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This may help you out.

If you bought the game in Origin, Origin will auto-register your game (meaning you won't have to enter your code to register). You will then need to get your items from The Sims 3 website.*

*These only apply if your Origin account is the same as The Sims 3 account used on the Sims 3 website

https://help.ea.com/au/article/sims-3-seasons-pre-order-issues
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited November 2012
    I registered my game and it gave me a invalid serial code error to, but I didn't buy mine off origin I bought it through EA site, and registered normally and it won't show up so what is up with that, pulse I haven't even got my costumes yet that I was suppose to get when I pre-ordered, I put the codes in and everything so now what am I suppose to do? I have the disk, not download, and my game don't show as if I own it on my profile, at all.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    Katarina21012Katarina21012 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I also have the same problem however i didnt get it through origin i got it in a gamestop but when i went to register it it only worked with Origin it refuses to work with sims 3 community. It just tells me that i have an invalid serial code when i know its not a used game cuz i got it at the midnight release and i also didnt enter the code wrong or use it on the sight already. What i dont understand is why it wont let me do it on the community but its on my origin account?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @bigfaceal: that would certainly help if it didn't tell me that I need to register in order to download the in-game content that I am entitled to. t shows up in my download section, but it tells me that I need to enter my serial number, and lo and behold, it tells me that my serial number has already been used.

I bought my version though thesims3.com website.

I registered my promo codes on thesims3.com
    I was able to get my costume packs.

I try registering the seasons expansion through thesims3.com just like how I registered the promo codes.

I am told that my individual code that I got from the digital download, has already been used. There is no way that this is possible.

I was not able to get through to the Live origin help.

I did not pre-order, so i know I should not have the ice lounge.

each game I have bought I have been able to register with the site. Now that I buy one through thesim3.com it is not letting me register.

when I go to my download history where it give me my in-game content. if I try to click to download it, it goes off telling me that I need to register my game of seasons, and I am still not able to register it.

• Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited November 2012
    I wasn't able to register my game either (same also happened to Fast Lane). I checked the EA link bigfaceal posted, which didn't help either.

The most important thing to me is that I was at least able to redeem a code and get my gifts :wink:

Last time it happened to me I contacted EA personaly (one of the people online, helping) and they indeed were able to help. The only thing... I had to wait a long time until someone was able to talk.

If you have time, I would recommend this, talking to the support team. I'll do it myself when I have enough time to wait.

Good luck!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited November 2012
    I contacted origin help to fix this for me however I now show as "no" games registered.

:lol:

I was able to download all the goodies so its not a big deal.
    And possibly this is a site issue now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    jayisricejayisrice Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same problem , just coming here to ask if it has been fixed guess not.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    as far as I know it has not been fixed.

I also was able to get my promotional items.

I was not able to get my registered game content because it refuses to let me register my game on the page.

I will try as much as I can to wait. tried a bunch last night.

could a get the link to bigfaceal post please and thank you Eliroc.
  • Options
    simsaddict7777777simsaddict7777777 Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think we are all having the same problem, I thought by now the sims team would make it so we could register our sims games. I don't have the limited edition (as far as I know, didn't say it was limited edition and I ordered it after it came out but I got the limited edition of showtime way after it came out so this confuses me) so at least I am not waiting for that, I just want the free registration gifts.
  • Options
    sincerelydestinysincerelydestiny Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same issue as well... I was able to get my limited edition content but not register my game. I give up on trying and just rather wait until Origin and EA gets it together. :?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Same here, I paid hard earned money to get the game. I want to at least be able to show it in m profile and be able to get the registered game items.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm bumping this up because it went back 10 pages and I refuse to make another thread just like this one.

Please help me t register my digital copy of my game I bought from your site.

Thank you for your support and effort.
  • Options
    FiveLeafClover7FiveLeafClover7 Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have this problem for ALL my expansions...
  • Options
    sariahmoon1sariahmoon1 Posts: 101 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've had this issue as well. I'm surprised as its never been an issue in the past. I got all my bonus content. Now it won't let me send gifts through the game because my Seasons isn't registered...which I thought it was when I downloaded it.

Please hurry up and fix this EA, my game is suffering.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem. I just sent an email to customer support and they sent me a new code that worked.

You don't need live chat to get this resolved, since it's not 24/7 anyway, you'll probably have the issue resolved in the same amount of time.
  • Options
    Jadeblue14Jadeblue14 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm having this same problem with seasons and also the supernatural expansion. I'll try emailing customer support. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    darlingsimsdarlingsims Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2012
    I had the same problem registering my download of seasons. I contacted Origin, and they promptly fixed the problem.

• Options
    checster155checster155 Posts: 75
    edited December 2012
    im having this problem with Seasons and World adventures (recently got from steam, but transfered to origin) i was able to do it for supernatural?