Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, EA...Are you going to fix this game?

Really, Are you going to fix this game.

If you read this forum, and you CLAIM you do, then why is there no fix for the mess you have made with seasons?

It appears all mac users are screaming their heads off at you and you do nothing.

Can you at least acknowledge that you have a problem,you know the problem and you are going to send people a fix?

What's wrong with you? Do you just not care at all?

Really, is there anybody out there??

Comments

• bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited November 2012
    You must be asking for a miracle. This sure feels like a world ending scenario. The 1.42 patch supposedly fix 20 bugs and created 30 new ones. Today the web site is up and down more then the average elevator. Hey what more can you ask for.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited November 2012
    EA needs to add a developer section to the forums,
    much like they have for World of Warcraft, at MMO Champion.
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    EA needs to listen to it's paying customers and they need to produce a better quality product, but most of all, they need to communicate with their customers quickly.

This is how businesses fail, they think they don't owe us a fix or an explanation and their customers get fed up and they vote with their feet.
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    EA isn't a failing business, and you need to find something better to do than create threads on the forum here complaining. Isn't this your third thread today?
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited November 2012
    Lots of players have no issues at all. 9 times out of 10 problems are caused by outdated mods or CC and systems . I was looking at getting a Mac but they seem to have issues on lots of different game forums
  • crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My game is running wonderfully, but I understand why people get upset. I find that most of the time though any problems with my game comes from third party CC, but it's also third party mods that keeps it running :wink: .
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think they have improved their communication with us a ton, they OBVIOUSLY read the forums, they respond alot these days. That being said i have seen Mac users having lot's of issues which stinks. If they are gonna say the game works with Mac they need to really make sure it works well . On the otherside..if you game..and you use a Mac...well you can kind of expect these problems. Mac's have always had issues with gaming.

Be patient Seasons JUST came out. They need time to troubleshoot and find a solution, making and fixing software isn't as simple as people on here sometimes seem to think, it takes alot of work and alot of time (believe me when hubby is developing for android i barely can get a hello in. ) I am sure they will fix some of the most game breaking issues fairly soon.
  • prelynmaxprelynmax Posts: 683 Member
    edited November 2012
    Krimsonnox, your statement makes no sense. It is like defending a stab suspect with blood in the blade, and you assume that every system that has this problem didn't work before. My game worked well pre-Seasons, and now it is rendered unplayable. There should be NO excuse for this to happen. NONE AT ALL, and I have had it. I am beginning to draw up a petition for a class-action lawsuit against Electronic Arts, etc.

The laughable and offensive notion that EA has communicated with their customer is, without exception is a boldface lie. EA has been known for their lack of communication or lack of customer service.

Stop riding on EA's bull sack and get with the program. EA should be accounted to each and every error that they have displayed here.
    I have seen the tides of Simming shift from it's glory days to... whatever The Sims 4 is.
  • TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited November 2012
    As a consumer if you are that dissatisfied with EA products and services, do the one thing you can control, walk from the franchise and stop buying their games. I can only speculate whether EA would monitor these forums as a gauge of consumer satisfaction, you would certainly hope so.
  • SlowedMussel735SlowedMussel735 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I seriously doubt EA is going to fully patch this game. There are bugs that have been in the game for a year or more, and EA hasn't fixed them. This leads me to assume EA is either unable or unwilling to do so.
  • sims3elbsims3elb Posts: 925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    TPB01 wrote:
    As a consumer if you are that dissatisfied with EA products and services, do the one thing you can control, walk from the franchise and stop buying their games. I can only speculate whether EA would monitor these forums as a gauge of consumer satisfaction, you would certainly hope so.

So true.

If EA fixed one persons problem, they would be creating one for another player.
    They can't satisfy everybody. Besides, Seasons has only been out for, what, not even a week? It's a miracle that only this many people have been complaining.

This issue is sort of revelant:
    I got Showtime yesterday, and I was playing the new town. The only people out and about the town were the proprietors and myself. I went to people's house and the sims were frozen. I tried resetsim; didn't work. I couldn't even click on them: When I moused over them the person thing never came up.

Anyway, turned out it was my outdated mods. Just goes to show you if people try to solve their problems before running for help, then EA wouldn't be so bogged down with requests that either make no sense, have already been fixed, are impossible, or it's the players fault, not EA's.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited November 2012
    Snosrap522 wrote:
    Lots of players have no issues at all. 9 times out of 10 problems are caused by outdated mods or CC and systems . I was looking at getting a Mac but they seem to have issues on lots of different game forums

Yeah I can officially say that this was debunked a long time ago. Heck I've had this game on three seperate computers and have experienced glitches on all three, these being unmodded games. In fact the computer that ran it the best was the one that could least handle it and had the most non-EA custom content.

Add in the mods that have fixed glitches, developers who have posted solutions to issues DIRRECTLY taken from people who are not a developer, and well known glitches that can be repeated on ANYONE'S copy of the game and what you said is basically imaginary (Some as old as the base game).

The state the game is at is unacceptible and makes The Sims 3 feel like a Sunken ship where instead of someone trying to fix the holes, because they cannot, they instead keep adding extensions to the ship. The only reason a lot of these issues pass is because they arn't all universal and some require players to go to certain lengths to experience them and thus a casual player of the game wouldn't experience them.

As for people asking

NO! EA is NOT going to fix the game. It isn't going to happen.
    They can't satisfy everybody. Besides, Seasons has only been out for, what, not even a week? It's a miracle that only this many people have been complaining

It sort of says bad things about a games code if a portion of the people who play it get unstable and often corrupted glitches to the extent that EVEN ATTEMPTING to fix them would actually cause someone else to get a horrific glitch.

I have long since given up the idea that EA will fix the glitch

So much so I can only guess that they can't fix it. That the Sims 3 code is just that shakey. It is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to The Sims 4 so that they can work on a much more stable code that works on more computers.

As well as possibly having more of a budget to the people who make the patches.
  • MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited November 2012
    TPB01 wrote:

yes, this; but also make sure they understand the complaint, the problem, the details, and how you would like it resolved.

They really do listen, but it takes time to turnaround software issues.

And they may test extensively before release, however, that does not mean that they will have every conceivable model of PC and MAC with every conceivable bit of hardware with every possible third party software program installed - or custom content - or mod ...

and also, sometimes they just don't anticipate the way a certain percentage of people play the game.

This is not a big warm and fuzzy 'I love ea' comment. I just work as a software developer and know the drill.

They will want to fix it, and they will want to fix it quickly, but things have to go through a specific cycle (fact gathering, in house confirmation of issues, new development, new testing; making sure that all of the above fits in line with current development and QA cycles, etc.

So while it is EXTREMELY frustrating that there are always bugs in the Sims games, work with them to help resolve the issues (note how Crinrict always creates a rational minded bug thread to track things that are wrong. Keeps major issues in one place for EA.)

EDIT: I am a software developer, but not for EA. Decided to clarify that.
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2012
    Seasons was made in two months. Did you really not see it coming?

I just wish they hadn't decided to wreck the game of those of us who didn't buy it.
  • FairelalamourFairelalamour Posts: 88
    edited November 2012
    It appears all mac users are screaming their heads off at you and you do nothing.

All the people with severe problems who claim to want to boycott the games seem to be mac users. Macs are not gaming computers, why would you buy a mac if you wish to buy it to game? It doesn't make any sense to buy an inferior gaming computer and then complain when it doesn't work properly!
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This game isn't broken, it just has a lot of flaws or issues, much like a lot of other popular games with patch requirements. A lot of people have issues, I on the other hand seem to not be experiencing any issues with Seasons so far, I've had a few problems, a couple unroutable sims, 1 crash, tiny bit if freezing, but other than that, I have had 0 issues, if I ever do have a problem, it's because of CC or an outdated MOD. For EA to respond to every single customer is like trying to end world hunger, it just isn't going to happen. As someone had mentioned, if they fix every little problem reported, it would cause issues for more. And as MinD had mentioned, EA is not a failing business, nor will it ever fail, they make WAY too much money on other games than just the sims, people need to realize EA isn't 110% dedicated to The Sims, they make a ton of other games too, we don't honestly know what they go through every day to develop their games or how often they acknowledge an issue on this game or other games that they own. I think people sometimes forget to even appreciate that we even have this game or the fact that EA DOES release patches in attempt to fix issues, and even if it does bring in new ones, that isn't a surprise, this happens to plenty of other games than just the sims.

I personally believe 70% of the players who have so many issues is how they run their game. A lot of people don't fully understand what CC can do or if their MODs are screwed up or if their graphics card drivers are out of date or if their computer is just complete crap, the list is endless. I really have never had a major issue since this game came out, I avoid CC, I keep my MODs updated, my graphics card drivers are always up to date, and my specs are up to par, since this game came out I haven't had a serious issue that I can honestly think of.

All the people with severe problems who claim to want to boycott the games seem to be mac users. Macs are not gaming computers, why would you buy a mac if you wish to buy it to game? It doesn't make any sense to buy an inferior gaming computer and then complain when it doesn't work properly!

x2

This is very true, I know it's common to hear a lot of people bash Mac computers, but it is true. I'm not bashing them, I don't have a problem with them, I just don't like the style or apple for that matter. But they are NOT gaming computers, and I promise if you switched from a Mac to a Dell or Gateway or any other actual gaming computer, you WILL find a HUGE difference, MAC computers were not created to game, MACs are OK for businesses and schools, they are pretty standard, you can't do very much with them, and you can hardly upgrade them or add in RAM or a better graphics card, if you have a computer strictly to game, I really advise that a Mac is a no no for gaming.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited November 2012
    I on the other hand seem to not be experiencing any issues with Seasons so far, I've had a few problems, a couple unroutable sims, 1 crash, tiny bit if freezing, but other than that, I have had 0 issues

Is this a Parody/Satire?

Since you basically went and gone "Other then these issues, I've had no issues".
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    If EA didn't say the Sims was compatible with mac, I would agree with you. But it says with huge letter on the box that mac is working and supported. Neither is true. And that is why a lot of mac players are angry. Don't say you support a game on a system if you won't support nor test it.

And about playing games on the mac. I play a lot of games these days. Some are even released from the Mac App Store. Saying that is like saying you shouldn't use adobe photoshop on windows. It's just not true and referring to old times

Beside that. In my family I have enough persons playing on windows who also have been facing issues.
  • maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited November 2012
    I just checked the mas setion for the first time O-O wow a lot of coplaining
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Is this a Parody/Satire?

Since you basically went and gone "Other then these issues, I've had no issues".

There is no need to be a smart ***, unless you were actually being serious, I meant I haven't had any SERIOUS issues, other than the minor ones that I've had, and I'm sure the rest of the community took it that way. It isn't hard to analyze.
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2012
    the game hasn't even been out for a week, and people are already spouting off about how it hasn't been patched yet.

wow.

patches take time, and they are working on it... BUT THEY DONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. fixing glitches in a broad, complex, open ended sandbox style game is extremely difficult and time consuming. they have to find the problem, find a solution, then make sure that solution doesnt break something else in the process.

IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A WEEK! GESH!

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    But they are NOT gaming computers, and I promise if you switched from a Mac to a Dell or Gateway or any other actual gaming computer, you WILL find a HUGE difference, MAC computers were not created to game.

I don't need to switch to a Dell or any other PC to see that the game runs better in Windows. I can install Windows on my Mac using Boot Camp to see the difference. And you know what? It's using EXACTLY THE SAME HARDWARE. So, tell me again that my Macs aren't gaming computers. Why do I get exceptional gameplay on my Mac in Windows but not so in OS X? Because the game was written for Windows, not OS X. So it's not the Mac, it's the 'wrapper' that EA decided to use which, by the way, is called Cider. TS1 and TS2 ran beautifully on Macs because they were natively coded for the OS. Amazing the difference that a little piece of proper coding can do isn't it?
    and you can hardly upgrade them or add in RAM or a better graphics card

Huh? How on earth did I upgrade my husband's MacBook Pro to 16Gb RAM then? Did I perform a miracle? How did I upgrade the RAM in my iMac a couple of years ago? Also a miracle? And how did I put in a bigger hard drive in my other MacBook Pro? Oh wait, that must have been a miracle too. Come to think of it, the 2 graphics cards replacements I've done for friends in their Mac Pros recently, well, they must have been miracles too.

Seriously, do some research before you start banging out the tired old "Macs aren't gaming computers" line. If the game is written natively for the Mac OS, then it's a great gaming machine, just like Windows games run great on errr, Windows machines.

And of course, let's not ignore the most important point here - EA say the game is MAC COMPATIBLE.
    apple-signature.png
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2012
    Huh? How on earth did I upgrade my husband's MacBook Pro to 16Gb RAM then? Did I perform a miracle? How did I upgrade the RAM in my iMac a couple of years ago? Also a miracle? And how did I put in a bigger hard drive in my other MacBook Pro? Oh wait, that must have been a miracle too. Come to think of it, the 2 graphics cards replacements I've done for friends in their Mac Pros recently, well, they must have been miracles too.

They were. Each time, you held up your hands, shouted "Let it be upgraded!" to the heavens, and watched as a beam of light descended upon your Mac and instantly replaced parts.

Sorry, just trying to inject a bit of humor into this. I thought you needed the laugh.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    @TanyaRubirose - Thanks, I needed it :lol:
    apple-signature.png
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2012
    But they are NOT gaming computers, and I promise if you switched from a Mac to a Dell or Gateway or any other actual gaming computer, you WILL find a HUGE difference, MAC computers were not created to game.

I don't need to switch to a Dell or any other PC to see that the game runs better in Windows. I can install Windows on my Mac using Boot Camp to see the difference. And you know what? It's using EXACTLY THE SAME HARDWARE. So, tell me again that my Macs aren't gaming computers. Why do I get exceptional gameplay on my Mac in Windows but not so in OS X? Because the game was written for Windows, not OS X. So it's not the Mac, it's the 'wrapper' that EA decided to use which, by the way, is called Cider. TS1 and TS2 ran beautifully on Macs because they were natively coded for the OS. Amazing the difference that a little piece of proper coding can do isn't it?
    and you can hardly upgrade them or add in RAM or a better graphics card

Seriously, do some research before you start banging out the tired old "Macs aren't gaming computers" line. If the game is written natively for the Mac OS, then it's a great gaming machine, just like Windows games run great on errr, Windows machines.

And of course, let's not ignore the most important point here - EA say the game is MAC COMPATIBLE.

you just proved the point. you installed windows using bootcamp, and the game worked considerably better. that proves that mac is not a gaming system. its not designed for games.